Code of Conduct

Default Unscented lotions - Recommendations?

I have indeed realized that lotioning the skin gives a fillip to the longevity of perfumes that i wear. However i currently use some of the scented lotions that clash with my SotD.

I have heard of jojoba oil that can enhance the longevity of perfumes but i prefer to use some lotion instead. I can't seem to fine any unscented lotion on the market.

Any advice on the brand and the place where it can be picked up from would be great.

Thnx

gupts

Default Re: Unscented lotions - Recommendations?

Villainess Whipped! body cream in Ennui
    Aveno Unscented

Those are my faves!
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Look at ranges for sensitive skin, they are usually unfragranced.
    L'Occitane shea butter body lotion has a very faint scent which disappears quickly.

There is an Aussie organic brand, A'Kin and they are totally fragrance free.
    Last edited by donna255; 17th January 2008 at 01:29 PM.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Look at ranges for sensitive skin, they are usually unfragranced.
    This is a good clue. For some reason companies don't trumpet "FRAGRANCE FREE" on the front of the bottle. If you look for sensitive skin, and then look at the ingredients on the back, you will be able to find a lot of unscented lotions. I find the best place to look is the common drug store, as opposed to higher-end mall-type stores. Here are some from Walgreen's:

http://www.walgreens.com/search/sear...lotion&x=0&y=0

Also, Aveda has one called "All Sensitive" that is nice.

I would love to hear which ones you like and which ones you don't.

I like Palmer's Fragrance Free Cocoa Butter lotion. The regular lotion gives me chocolate cravings!

Try apply L'Occitane shea butter on your wrist before you wear your perfume.

My SotD last till night that way.

Body Drench has a good unscented moisturizing lotion.

Try Curel, available at your local drug store. It is a nice moisturizer, and the fragrance is minimal. It is not worth spending a lot of money of a body cream. Just look for glycerin as one of the first few ingredients.

I use The Body Shops Shea Butter Whip. It is very lightly scented, just smells clean if you stick your nose right down on your skin. It is also very moisturizing, which I need because I have very itchy, dry sensitive skin. I t does not ever interfere with my fragrance though.

Talking Re: Unscented lotions - Recommendations?

The 'Simple' skincare line works well for me. www.keep-life-simple.com

I have sensitive skin. One thing that I've learned is that if it just says "suitable for all skin types" they're generally lying!

Thank you all for your advice...

Well i am still testing how 'Jojoba' oil alters longevity of fragrances.

Not much luck with it yet but am working on it. Then ofcourse i will come down to these various lotions that you have suggested.

Thanks for all your help

gupts

Vanicream or Vanicream lite lotion
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

cetaphil

Keri lotion unscented. NIce moisturizer too.

Vaseline Intensive Rescue ... the best! Essie also makes a nice light lotion called Aloe Smoothie, which I think is great.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

2nd vote for Cetaphil. I find it moisturizes well while having no scent whatsoever. A friend who is a tattoo artist first told me about it.

It is frustrating. I used to buy an unscented light face moisturizer by Curel, but they don't seem to be making it anymore. I only find the scented ones these days.

The Body Shop does a fragrance free body lotion (suitable for those with sensitive skin and people who prefer to customize the scent of their body lotion with their own perfume oils). I haven't tried it but I saw it in my local TBS a week ago.

The best is :Juvena renewing body cream.It's sold in Austalia from any etailers.Price is steep, but quite honestly you won't regret it.Once you try that there is no turning back.Not only it's unscented, a great conductor from perfumes,but will do wonders for your skin.
    I stumbled accross it in the US a few years back- I'm an aussie too- and haven't looked back.Price is $65 retail in the US, so hit ebay or Oz etailers as they are cheaper.
    I,for one cannot live without it!

Body lotions from Avene or La Roche Possay are unscented and suitable even for very sensitive dry skin. I have good experiences with these brands.

RE: Unscented lotions-Recommendations

CeraVe Lotion & Cream come in both scented, and unscented, versions and are available at Walgreens. My Dermatologist told me about this, it used to require a prescription. Great stuff ! Also, I agree that Vaseline Intensive Rescue is excellent, and cheaper than the CeraVe. It's available at Walmart and everywhere lotions are sold. It can often be found in supersize bottles....25% more etc. making it a Best Buy. Many nurses use this on their hands.
    Last edited by LeNez; 30th June 2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to list the products !

I third Cetaphil-it's light, non greasy, and lacks the plasticky smell of other 'nonscented's.
    And maybe Neutrogena.

I use Trader Joe's A Midsummer Nights Cream Extra Dry Formula Moisturizing Cream. I'm on my second bottle -- it's light and non-greasy, and you can't beat the price at $3.50 (if I recall correctly) for 16 oz.

This is an unscented body cream in a pump bottle
    Last edited by kess; 6th July 2009 at 07:10 PM.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Basenotes Institution

I use Eucerin daily. For those in UK- I recommend E45 cream which is fabulous. )
    ( As a by note..... I find the new Shalimar sensational body lotion to be virtually scentless ! Terrible ! )
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 8th July 2009 at 03:02 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thumbs up Re: Unscented lotions - Recommendations?

Emoliente by URIAGE, Lipikar by LA ROCHE-POSAY and Creme by KIEHL'S are the best.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Dependent

For me Clinique's M Lotion is the absolute best.

Thumbs up Re: Unscented lotions - Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Emoliente by URIAGE, Lipikar by LA ROCHE-POSAY and Creme by KIEHL'S are the best.
    Sorry, i am talking about body cream.
    For the face IMHO the best is ARAMIS SP15
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

I've been using Aveno unscented lotion with excellent results. I found it's increased both sillage and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    I've been using Aveno unscented lotion with excellent results. I found it's increased both sillage and longevity.
    Same here. Acts as a wonderful enhancer to any fragrance applied.

Lubriderm's new 3-in-1 Lotion for men is a good buy. It's for use on the body, face and post shaving. A huge bottle for just a few bucks. I bought one on Saturday at Target and I bet it lasts until Easter! Truly unscented, that's the best part!

Another Aveno fan here, very useful stuff...

I use a fabulous cream unscented and it's so cheap too, it's 99% natural as it has to have a preservative in it, but free of parabens and pegs. so it's one of the nicer ones. Here's the link and it's only 5.00 per container !! http://http://www.lilybee.co.uk/ours...Unscented.html

Shelltilly1