Code of Conduct

Default Something Else Like Chanel Coco?

I was wondering if there is something out there that is along the lines of Chanel Coco - same general family.

My wife adores the scent, and recently started wearing it again once in awhile (she had some Parfum and EDP that both went bad some time ago) and she smells wonderful when she does.

But this begs the question - is there anything out there - small house, big house or other that would be similar to it in composition? I like the flowery sophistication, but I was hoping there would be other scents for her to try that might be as or more sophisticated as well.

So ... any suggestions?
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 17th January 2008 at 05:57 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Default Re: Something Else Like Chanel Coco?

Anice scent which is in the realm of Coco, at least for me, is 'Must de Cartier' in the parfum strength. It is quite delicious. Oh, and a hint to prevent fragrance from going "bad"; keep it in the box, light is the enemy of fragrance. Good Luck

To me Caron's Pour Une Femme & Creed's Vanisia share a tangy elegance that Coco has.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    I was wondering if there is something out there that is along the lines of Chanel Coco - same general family.

My wife adores the scent, and recently started wearing it again once in awhile (she had some Parfum and EDP that both went bad some time ago) and she smells wonderful when she does.

But this begs the question - is there anything out there - small house, big house or other that would be similar to it in composition? I like the flowery sophistication, but I was hoping there would be other scents for her to try that might be as or more sophisticated as well.

So ... any suggestions?
    Welcome to Basenotes, Bromo33333! :wave:

In my scent wanderings so far, I have found that the following scents have an affinity / similarity with Chanel Coco in EDP strength:

Reichenbach Golden Drop
    Fendi Donna (original, pre-2003 version)
    Yves Rocher Ispahan
    YSL Opium
    Basile by Basile
    Fragonard Emilie
    Azzaro Ooh La La
    Estee Lauder Cinnabar
    Estee Lauder JHL - yes for men but women can wear too!

The following are not 'twin scents' to Coco EDP but have a similar 'mood / feel':

Raphael Replique (original formulation)
    Boucheron Femme by Boucheron
    Dior Dioressence
    Lagerfeld KL for women (original formulation)
    Dana Tabu (in cologne strength or applied very lightly / discreetly)
    Estee Lauder Youth Dew (talc, soap, cream and bath oil are the 'easier' formulations to wear)
    Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds & Rubies
    Caron Coup de Fouet
    Givenchy Ysatis
    Boucheron Initial
    Caron Bellodgia
    Cartier La Baiser du Dragon
    Dolce & Gabbana Woman (red cap)

I hope this has been helpful to you! Do let us know if you find something suitable / if any of these work out for you.

(It may be a great idea for you to go sniffing yourself and then gift your wife with a bundle of the samples that you love best, along with the promise / bonus of a full bottle of the one she loves best...)

Good Luck & Happy Sniffing!
    Last edited by moondeva; 17th January 2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: adding scents
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I think the fragrance you are looking for might be 1000 from Patou, in the Parfum form

These come to mind because of the prominent notes when I wear Coco. They aren't "twins" but they have the same "feel", if that makes sense...They all have some notes in common with Coco:

Miriam Mirani Aqaba
    Ava Luxe Madame X
    Creative Scentualization Love Comes From Within
    Ava Luxe Ambra Tibet
    Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste
    Prada Prada
    L'Artisan Piment Brulant
    MPG George Sand
    Irma Shorell Bakir
    Dana Tabu
    Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant
    Diptyque Eau Lente
    Etro Messe du Minuit
    Last edited by Tovah; 17th September 2008 at 06:19 PM.

Was Jil Sander No.4 mentioned? I find it has the same feel as Coco.

Cartier Declaration, Guerlain Habit Rouge

(These are great unisex fragrances, but if she finds these too masculine, you could wear them)

In the niche department: Nobile 1942 Anonimo Veneziano. Like Coco, but better!!

Honestly, COCO is incomparable! I have loved it from first sniff, and have never gone without it in my frag wardrobe! This is the only perfume I can say this about.

Nahema by Guerlain.

I've even tried them side by side and they are similar in their brightness, sweetness, sillage and intensity, to my nose.