Code of Conduct

Default Sweet 'n Fresh Fragrance!

Any recommendations??

I love and own SMW, and was thinking of getting Polo Blue. I have a sweet tooth.

O yeah, and I'm 18. Thanks.
    Last edited by achidna101; 17th January 2008 at 06:50 PM.

Default Re: Sweet 'n Fresh Fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by achidna101 View Post
    Any recommendations??

I love and own SMW, and was thinking of getting Polo Blue. I have a sweet tooth.

How sweet? Floral? Ocean/Water type frag? Sweet and Spicy?
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

I don't have a preference other than both sweet and fresh. Make a suggestion?

Perhaps based on basenoters who like SMW and Polo Blue.

Based on my most recent reviews, I think you should try Outrageous, by Frederic Malles (acceptfacts will certainly second this), and also Un Jardin sur le Nil, by Hermes. UJSLN is not spicy at all, but it's unbelievably fresh. I love it.

Also, look into some MPG scents. I'm not too savvy on them, but I know that Bahamia is very well liked by certain people who have fantastic taste in scents.

looks like i'm going to be buying blind, those are tricky to find in the UK. =(

Iceberg Twice and YSL Live Jazz should be easy to find.

Cannabis Santal is fresh and sweet.
    Last edited by ifconfig; 17th January 2008 at 08:14 PM.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Off-Scenter

"Sweet and fresh" are very popular in the fragrance world right now, especially with the younger crowd. The challenge is not in finding sweet, fresh scents but finding sweet, fresh scents of any real quality.

If you wnat to look at niche lines, but pay less than you would for SMW, I might suggest the following:

Annick Goutal Le Nuits d'Hadrien, which is bright and citrusy, but has some depth and none of the nasty "Jolly Rancher" elements that mar so many modern fruit scents.

Comme des Garcons Parfums series 1 Leaves: Lily and and Parfums series 1 Leaves: Calamus are both superb fresh green scents that wear very well in warm weather.

L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure et Musc is another winner, as is Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's delicious, exotic Bahiana.

Finally, one of my very favorite scents in this genre: Serge Lutens's Fleurs de Citronnier - bouyant, bubbly citrus with sweet lemon blossoms and smooth woods over a base of clean musk and vanilla.

Among the more accessible designer scents, Tuscany and Devin, both by Aramis, combine bright, fresh citrus and green notes with sweeter woody accords. Both happen to have been staples of mine when I was your age (and dinosaurs ruled the earth).

Oh, and don't buy blind!!! There are plenty of convenient sources for niche and designer fragrance samples. Just use this forum's search tool to find threads on good, reliable online sources.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 17th January 2008 at 09:25 PM.

looks like i'm going to be buying blind, those are tricky to find in the UK. =(
    You shouldn't have to buy blind...I'm sure somebody can point you in the direction of a place where you can get samples first.

Kenzo's L'eau Par Kenzo is QUITE sweet and fresh. Have put it into hibernation for the winter, but if I remember correctly...

Top notes: green, leafy. Reminds me of a freshly cut lawn (here's your fresh)
    Heart: Watery, marine elements. Citrusy. (freshness!) and also vanilla (your sweetness)
    Base notes: I don't remember, but not too strong.

Clinique Happy and Versace Man Eau Fraiche

Fresh Sugar!!!! (It's got grapefruit-y lemon in it and has readonable longevity.
    Yumsters!!

I'm toying with the notion of a full bottle so if you want to try it and have trouble finding a sample - keep in touch. I may be able to help you!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

ck be is my recommendation for you.

I recommend U trying Virgin Island Water by Creed! NOTHING LIKE IT! & IT IS EXTREMELY SWEET & FRESH! LIKE UR ON A SUNNY ISLAND!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    Iceberg Twice
    Ditto! This stuff is so good. What I love is the sillage and longevity. You can get the big 4.2 Oz bottle for 10 if you look for a bargain. If this stuff cost 45, I'd still buy it. Plus it's not actively promoted, so you wont find anyone wearing it but yourself. Safe blind buy because of the price (I bought it blind too).
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Basenotes Institution

I agree with Taolady - Fresh Sugar, or any scent from the Fresh line. You can find them at Sephora easily (which I think they have in the UK, right?)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

If you have SMW then you should love GIT.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

For super-duper fresh try Nightflight by Joop! Its not overly sweet, although it does have pineapple in it. Its more of a citrus-fresh fragrance that dries down to something inexplicably good, similar to just-washed laundry hanging on the line (but a million times nicer). Id actually compare it as a 'complicated' Polo Blue, as Polo Blue was my every-day usual frag until I discovered Nightflight.

i'll second viberts reccomendation of cdg: lily, fantastic scent
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

I`ll 2nd the Versace Man Eau Fraiche,tried this the other day & it is sweet & fresh.

Any recommendations??

Give a try to Perry Ellis 360 WHITE! its cheap! & it smells nice. & it favors Jean Paul Gaultier LE MALE. BUT 4 WAY LESS THEN HALF THE PRICE..
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR