Code of Conduct

Default L'Instant Pour Homme question

Girlfriend bought me a bottle of L'Instant Pour Homme today. She and I were shopping for a fragrance that we agreed on. The criteria was that it be light enough for her (She doesn't like heavy or aggresive fragrances) and enough going on in it's composition to be unique to me. I think this one will work as an allrounder (all season/all occasions). Is this the consensus?

Default Re: L'Instant Pour Homme question

It's a fairly lush Oriental that, IMHO, is better suited to cold climes. That said, I've worn it in the summertime w/o any incident.

I CAN see this one as both appropriate for formal as well as informal wear. Btw, the edp version (hard to find in the US) is very complex, sweet and syrupy -- avoid it unless you're fond of rich, Lutensesque creations. (I am, but not all are.) That one, IMHO, is appropriate only for very formal and (oddly enough) very romantic situations.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I'll join your current consensus of the two of you. Good choice. I think L'Instant PH goes anywhere and gets better the longer you wear it.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I have a bottle. I tend to wear it more in the evenings (only because of its sweetness), but I dont find it to be particularly heavy. I've had some positive comments.

Unfortunately the missus isn't too fond of my giant 4.2oz bottle of L'Instant. I see the point of those who think it's an evening scent though: totally. I won't be wearing this in the heat.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I don't consider L'Instant (edt) heavy at all... As a matter of fact, I prefer to wear it in warmer weather. It's one of the few fragrances that I own that can stand up to the heat. Good scent for any season... I think you made a solid choice...

Im surprised your significant other describes this as "light".
    I think its a fairly robust woody, incense-like scent compared to what many women would wear... but if she loves it, I give her props!!

I wear this scent in warmer weather myself. The warmth of the skin beneath helps it take flight.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    It's a fairly lush Oriental that, IMHO, is better suited to cold climes. That said, I've worn it in the summertime w/o any incident.

I CAN see this one as both appropriate for formal as well as informal wear. Btw, the edp version (hard to find in the US) is very complex, sweet and syrupy -- avoid it unless you're fond of rich, Lutensesque creations. (I am, but not all are.) That one, IMHO, is appropriate only for very formal and (oddly enough) very romantic situations.

I hoarded 2 bottles of the EDP when I had the chance and in my opinion it blows the EDT out of the water. That said, I agree, if you are not fond of the Lutenesque style, the EDT is the way to go.

Regards,
    Steve

I fell in love with this at Nieman Marcus---it will be in my wardrobe. I love the syrupy Lutens frags alot as well.

Amazing fragrance, I finally picked up a bottle a few weeks ago and can't stop wearing it. I'd love to try the EdP, but the EdT is so good that I can't imagine it being any better.

Have you noticed the chocolate basenotes? there are a lot of things happening in L'Instant from a cool sort of minty opening to the warm chocolate base. I thought the edt was too much of a skin scent and I sent it to a friend who lusted for it.

The EDP is a mind blower if you like the EDT. Try a sample first, because I havent seen it for sale in the states yet but I have gotten samples.