Code of Conduct

Default what fragrance in what season??

as the topic says what fragrance do you ware in spring,summer,autumn and winter??

Default Re: what fragrance in what season??

Well being that it's winter now, and since I just started with fragrances, I've been sticking go Givenchy - Pi and worn YSL - L'homme here and there. For spring time, I think I'll open up Terre D'Hermes, and for summer YSL - Live Jazz.

Hopefully will add more to the wardrobe in the coming months.

i tried boucheron and something else today but it wasnt really my type of fragrance.. but i would have to go with my boss bottle or my beckham fragrance since i dont have a big collection. but i liked gucci envy and stuff like that think ill buy gucci envy and wood soon

Post Thanks / Like

Summer: Davidoff Echo Woman, Guerlain Cherry Blossom Fruity, Miss Dior Cherie, Revlon Fire & Ice
    Autumn: L de Lolita Lempicka, Revlon Fire & Ice
    Winter: Armani Mania, L de Lolita Lempicka
    Spring: Guess? Woman, Miss Dior Cherie, Guerlain Cherry Blosom Fruity, Davidoff Echo Woman, Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy (yes I know, shame on me!)

This is not including my special 'going out' scents. Some of these are proven winners for that season, and others are based on predictions within my collection. I know which ones I am enjoying right now (Summer), and which are more suited to other months. As you can see, I like to mix it up each season, and some scents even cross over into other seasons. The only exception is Armani Mania which I wear almost exclusively in Winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have this odd habit of liking "summer" fragrances in the winter, and "winter" frags in the summer. I love LesNez - The Unicorn Spell in the winter, because it SMELLS like flowers in the snow. The only problem with this is that if I wear Serge Lutens - Arabie in the summer, people would probably hate me. ;-)

This winter I liked:
    Parfums delRae - Bois de Paradis
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid
    Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Sudha Segara

Post Thanks / Like

Winter; Le Dix, Bal a Verseille, Sheherezade, Femme, Cuir de Russie, Arpege, Djedi, Vol de Nuit, Narcisse Noir, Nuit de Noel, etc..

Spring; Apres l'ondee, Je Reviens, Ce soir ou Jamais, Balahe, Tamagno, Fidji, Pois de Senteur Chez Moi, Billet Doux, Baroque, etc

Summer; Diorella, Eau de Camille, Coriandre, Pretexte, Alpona, Acasiosa, Farnesiana, Narcisse Blanc,Quartz, Nocturnes, Muget de Bonheur, Gardenia Chanel, # 22 Chanel, etc...

Autumn; Bois des Isles, # 19 Chanel, Rumeur (original), Murmure, Habinita, Angelique Encens, Jasmin Imperatrice Euginie, Afire, Gandhara, etc...

My only exceptions; Shalimar and # 5 Chanel, I will use anytime regardless of season.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My rotation is as follows:

Summer: Cool Water, Live Jazz, Geir, Chrome
    Fall: M7, Gucci pour Homme, Animale Animale, Bvlagari Black, Mechant Loup, Rive Gauche, Dzing!
    Winter: Dior Homme, Tea for Two, Chergui, Fumerie Turque, Animale Animale, Bvlgari Black
    Spring: Chrome, Geir, Voleur de Roses

Quote Originally Posted by hallospacegirl View Post
    I have this odd habit of liking "summer" fragrances in the winter, and "winter" frags in the summer. I love LesNez - The Unicorn Spell in the winter, because it SMELLS like flowers in the snow. The only problem with this is that if I wear Serge Lutens - Arabie in the summer, people would probably hate me. ;-)

This winter I liked:
    Parfums delRae - Bois de Paradis
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid
    Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Sudha Segara
    yea i got the same thing too.. sometimes i just want to smell fresh just like the snow itself instead of smelling warmish in the summer.. but its not always like that,.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am not a seasonal scent wearer...I wear what strikes my fancy whatever time of year it is - in the coldest winter I may decide to wear a springlike floral. I don't have evening scents or daytime scents either - but then I have a pretty free-form schedule, don't work in an office, and most days the only critters who might complain about what I'm wearing is my goats - and they are highly scented themselves. Some of the most "elegant" scents go very nicely with jeans. So my choices are made by my mood.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Quote Originally Posted by DeeOlive View Post
    I am not a seasonal scent wearer...I wear what strikes my fancy whatever time of year it is - in the coldest winter I may decide to wear a springlike floral. I don't have evening scents or daytime scents either - but then I have a pretty free-form schedule, don't work in an office, and most days the only critters who might complain about what I'm wearing is my goats - and they are highly scented themselves. Some of the most "elegant" scents go very nicely with jeans. So my choices are made by my mood.
    That's a big ditto from me. No seasons, no day/night rules, just whatever takes my fancy at the time.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Off-Scenter

Spring: Route du Vetiver, Dia, Havana, Rebellius, Carnal Flower, L'Anarchiste, Musc Ravageur, L'Homme Sage, Iris Bleu Gris, Santal Noble, Cuir Mauresque, Fou d'Absinthe, Ungaro II, Yerbamate, Eau d'Hermes, Black Aoud.

Summer: Route du Vetiver, Parfum d'Habit, Dia, Reflection, L'Anarchiste, Padme Lotus, Yerbamate, Celadon, Silver Mountain Water, Tubereuse Criminelle, Ungaro II, L'Eau de Ryokuei, Bahiana, Fou d'Absinthe, Black Aoud.

Fall: Route du Vetiver, Santal Noble, Parfum d'Habit, Yerbamate, Dia, Jubilation XXV, Idole, Musc Ravageur, L'Homme Sage, Iris Bleu Gris, Cuir Mauresque, Carnal Flower, Jaipur Homme, Rebellius, Nuit Noire, Cuire Mauresque, Eau d'Hermes, Knize Ten, Mandarine-Mandarin, Chene, Ambre Sultan, Havana, Patou pour Homme, Black Aoud, Muscs Koublai Khan.

Winter: Santal Noble, Jubilation XXV, Idole, Musc Ravageur, Cuir Mauresque, Rebellius, Knize Ten, Cimabue, Carnal Flower, Jaipur Homme, Nuit Noire, Muscs Koublai Khan, Mandarine-Mandarin, Ambre Sultan, Havana, Patou pour Homme, Black Aoud, Chene, Mechant Loup.

As you can see, quite a few of these are versatile scents that I can wear over two or three seasons. Being no great fan of aquatics or simple citrus scents, my summer wardrobe is more limited than the others.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 20th January 2008 at 12:21 AM.

Seasons? what are these strange things (winter, spring) you refer to? In florida there is hurricane season and not hurricane season. hardly a reason to switch up your perfume!

So, perfume, at least down here and to me, is whatever suits your fancy. though i will admit frags are not for days when you're out in the sun sweating up a storm, while others just die quick meaningless deaths when worn under heavily air conditioned environments.

I agree with some of the other folks. Evening perfumes might be just the unsual thing for the day. ^_^
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

I find Burberry London to be an awesome choice for winter wear.