Code of Conduct

Default Kingdom EDP or Kingdom EDT: Which is better?

The Basenotes reviews of Alexander McQueen's Kingdom don't specify which of the above they are for, though I suspect it might be the EDP since the image is that of the EDP bottle. Anyway, I'm itching to blind buy this much-maligned scent. Which of the EDP or EDT shall it be? Recommendations and motivations will be hugely appreciated, sires.

Default Re: Kingdom EDP or Kingdom EDT: Which is better?

I've got the EdP. It's a strong, floral blast. For me, the jury is still out on Kingdom. I'm not getting anything dirty from it. It's strong and last a good long time.

I think most reviews refer to EDP. It came out earlier and smells rich unlike the watered down EDT.

Basenotes Plus

I much prefer the EDP, the EDT is a watered down 'safe' version of the EDP, there is no cumin whatsoever. Go for the scandalous EDP!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Eau de parfum, you betcha.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Will anyone say EDT over EDP for ANY fragrance? Isn't this almost always the case: EDC < EDT < EDP < Perfume < Extrait?

edp for sure...i tried the edc and imo it did not smell anything like the edp which is mysterious, spicy and alluring...the edt smells like a ghost of the edp...faint, etherial and hardly there.

Thanks guys, suspected as much. It's just that in my experience often edp versions tend to be a bit shier, staying closer to the skin: better longevity, but less sillage. And then there's the issue of notes and ingredients. EDT is seldom just an exact watered down version of the EDP.

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Will anyone say EDT over EDP for ANY fragrance? Isn't this almost always the case: EDC < EDT < EDP < Perfume < Extrait?
    I will. especially with Chanel perfumes - I prefer edt and don't like edp
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel