Code of Conduct

Default Your Favorite Mens/Womens Fall 08 Collections?

New seasons and collection are up at Mens Style for viewing....

Best: Jil Sanders...though it gets a bit odd somewhere in the middle with the zebra/marble prints....but beautiful.

Liked: D&G (not Dolce & Gabbana).....some nice top pieces towards the end and nice to see a new direction after years of doing the same thing. Alexander Mcqueen was also okay.

Worst/Disappointing: Mostly Gucci...

waiting for Raf Simons work for Dior.

and you?
    Last edited by nsamadi; 19th January 2008 at 02:07 AM.

Default Re: Your Favorite Mens/Womens Fall 08 Collections?

I love the Belvest mens' wear collection. Fabbo!

Stefano Pilati's Yves Saint Laurent Womens, Francisco Costa's Calvin Klein Womens. Nicholas Ghesquire's Balenciaga Womens- because they remind me of the movie Gattaca.

Gareth Pugh, Giles Deacon, and Chistopher Kane's shows were great.

I am in awe of Erdem Moralioglu use of print; spectacular and very forward play on trompe l'oeil IMO.

I actually preferred what Raf Simons did for Jil Sander Spring 08 over his Fall collection. but Jil Sander Mens was quite nice and marble-y. Lanvin Mens play on proportion was interesting; how a slightly ill fitting jacket makes it slightly adolescent and awesome shoes again.

I didn't like Miuccia Prada Womens or Lanvin Womens this time. Giorgio Armani Womens was a bit strange for me with all the dresses that looked like they were made of recycled material.

(it's kinda sad that shows aren't entirely representative what makes it to the racks and LVMH, Gucci, Prada group rarara make shows happen mainly for the media etc anyway. wish more smaller designers could get in the schedule; some of them probably wouldn't want it though)

I'll have more if I care to think.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    waiting for Raf Simons work for Dior.
    But doesn't Kris Van Assche do Dior Homme now; or did I miss something?
    Last edited by yutori; 19th April 2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by yutori View Post
    But doesn't Kris Van Assche do Dior Homme now; or did I miss something?
    Sorry, my mistake, it was suppose to be either KVA or Raf taking over for Dior, or what was speculated prior or while Hedi was leaving. I just got the two mixed up in my mind. Sorry about that.

This was a thread I started a long time ago, but didn't get too many responses, so thanks for the response. I enjoyed reading your comments.

Thanks again!

oo it's ok. no worries.

It's a shame KVA's vision of Dior Homme is so different from Hedi's even though he worked under Hedi before- no fault of his of course. Being quite slim myself, Hedi's clothes looked really good on. I read on menstyle that Nicolas Andreas Taralis tried something Sliman-esqe at Cerruti this season. But I'm not a hardcore Dior Homme devotee- many other labels deserve my attention without asking too much like Preen for instance who know what they're about.

I feel Kim Jones going over to Dunhill is really sad but I'm waiting to see.

some people are going crazy over Robert Geller so I hear.

love Stefano Pilati debut for YSL.

I'm not a fan of Hedi's work. I can appreciate it, and how he changed the world of mens fashion for the better for a lot of people, I for one am not pleased. I have legs, and thighs, and calves, and pecs. I'm not looking to be a size 0 womens model, and Hedi's work is targeted at those people. I can fit into Dior Homme jeans, but I have to size up by about two sizes!

I'm liking the funk of the D&G, the simplicity of Hermes (although disappointing, best so far, FW 07) and as usual, i'm quite partial to Pringle of Scotland and Calvin Klein Collection

Burberry Prorsum and Fendi win most displeasing

I remember Karl Lagerfeld said once that Hedi did for mens fashion what Armani did in the 80's.
    but I wonder if KVA's hammer pants thing at Dior Homme will take off.

Was Prorsum really that bad Vivek?
    Christopher Bailey's Lowry inspired colour palette was really refreshing considering all the grey out there last fall (and even this season too actually). Or is it because of the whole matchstick men thing? Colourwise, I find it funny that Bailey is getting so much attention for something that reminds me of Kenzo; well sort of. And I'm glad he didn't put much of that tartan in to be honest.

I think Prada Mens Fall 08 really put me off; in a major way. but knowing Miuccia, it will be all different next season so kudos to her for pushing the envelope. I don't think I would wear a mini frilly skirt or one of those bikini wedgie things. Marni is the new Prada if you ask me.

Dirk Bikkembergs recently spoke about the line between masculine and feminine being too fine for his liking and that a man should be comfortable with himself without having to have 25 pockets.
    Last edited by yutori; 20th April 2008 at 10:57 PM.

For mens: Gucci's and Dior Homme's 08 f/w collections were pretty disappointing. Ones I liked were Hermes, John Varvatos, and YSL...but none of them were exceptional.
    Last edited by Sartorialiste; 23rd May 2008 at 02:43 AM.

I like a lot of that D&G plaid stuff a lot and some of those superchunky sweaters especially the grey one that looks like armor.