Code of Conduct

Default Finally got terre d'hermes

So i'm standing in my local pearsons store. Look up on the top shelf...what do I see? Terre d'hermes. Now pearsons isn't exactly a "perfume" type shop so I was very confused. Especially since 5 doors down, "theperfumeshop" said they aren't posh enough to stock Terre d'hermes in my area.

It was a bit overpriced... £34 for 50ml, but lucky for me I only had £35 so I went hungry yesterday in the name of Terre lol. After wearing it for most of yesterday, and all of this morning its definately in my top 3 scents. Sillage seems average to me, nothing special. Although when im outside in the cold i get more whiffs of it than somewhere warm :S It seems like a really nice everyday type smell, i cant imagine wearing it out to a club, or a girls house for a late night you know what. It just seems like the type of smell you'd wear to be out and about shopping, or at work, just smells nice, clean and refreshing.

thumbs up for terre d'hermes.

I got some samples too while i was there, faranhite 32, guccy envy, issey intense and paco black xs. My nose has its work cut out for the next few weeks lol

Default Re: Finally got terre d'hermes

ditto emes - it is a great scent - straight into my top 2

This is a favorite of mine as well ... definitely different from the run of the mill department store scents. Smells like something someone "who works for a living" would wear. I only wear mine during the day.

I'm hoppin' over to Sephora for TdH today. I do love it and feel quite comfortable with it on me. Oh yeah, I do work for a living--so I guess it's appropriate in that context.

Basenotes Institution

Terre de Hermes, besides smelling fantastic and besides winning Best Mens Fragrance 2006 - is one of those scents that can be worn in many different situations. That's one of it's strengths.

I also advise all of you who're enjoying TdH for the first time - this juice really smells it's very best in Summer. When it's hot, and your body temperature rises it gets pretty magical. Try it out!

I really love this stuff too. Seems pretty versatile and for many situations. I can't wait for summertime to see how it reacts in the heat and humidity. I just find it to be very unique and at the moment it doesn't smell like anything else that I know or own. Just another "working man's" opinion. Enjoy.(Also, I'm thinking about buying the soap that goes with it.)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Terre de Hermes, besides smelling fantastic and besides winning Best Mens Fragrance 2006 - is one of those scents that can be worn in many different situations. That's one of it's strengths.

I also advise all of you who're enjoying TdH for the first time - this juice really smells it's very best in Summer. When it's hot, and your body temperature rises it gets pretty magical. Try it out!
    That's so true. Heat really makes it incredible. I like wearing it when I'm doing gardening/yard work. It smells more "organic" and earthy with the heat. Sometimes it can almost smell a little harsh, or slightly synthetic, when it's too cold out; like the notes are constricted somehow.

My SOTD, and one of my top 3. Just so well constructed, so easy to like. You don't have to learn to like it. Love at first smell for me.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I love Terre d'Hermes and got a bottle last week when my sample ran out! Works really well in an office setting which is where I wear it - and I get a great sandalwood dry down with hints of citrus almost to the end.

Great choice and great buy!

There is something about Hermes that just exudes quality and sophistication - of bottle, packaging, scent construction. I agree it isn't a club/party scent - but it works really well in a business setting like you cannot believe!
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 19th January 2008 at 06:30 PM.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Terre DHermes is a real Beast. It's totally different which is good; and because it is an exclusive scent I reign supreme here in MississippiI(LOL). I did not like this at 1st whiff ,but went back to it 5/6 months later and I'm kickin myself for blowing this off for so long.
    Kharisma92

I find TdH best in the Spring when there's a touch of chill in the air.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Count me as another huge fan!

I'll never be without a bottle.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

going to see what its like when i visit my girls tonight. lol i'll let you know the reaction. So far...Roma, hugo dark blue and Gaultier 2 have all had good reactions...

Congrats with your terre.

You will not regret it.

I tried Terre d'Hermes on my skin the first time a couple of days ago and I did not dig the top and middle notes, but did like the basenotes. I'll have another go in the summer.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Have enjoyed this scent from the first time I had a chance to smell it. It never fails to impress me each time I apply it. Easily one of my favorites.

I did go to Sephora and decided to buy the gift set the the 1 oz bottle, shower gel and small case. I do love this stuff. I decided to go for that as the result of my quickly growing collection. I can always buy the big bottle later if I'm still lovin' it--which I probably will.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    I tried Terre d'Hermes on my skin the first time a couple of days ago and I did not dig the top and middle notes, but did like the basenotes. I'll have another go in the summer.
    Interesting - one time I wore TdH to the office and after a full day, I returned home and my boyfriend said I smelled 'like pot' (marijuana). I didn't believe him (I was slightly insulted!)

However, I have concentrated on smelling the dry down more often in subsequent wearings and I have to agree with him. There is a distinct dried leaf accord that one could say is similar to dried marijuana leaves. Honestly, you really have to smell your skin up close to smell it, but...there it is. It doesn't detract from the scent, but IMO I think I appreciate the top and middle slightly more, than the 'earthy' dry down.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th January 2008 at 02:45 AM.

I remember everytime i used to wear TDH i wanted to start a 'eulogising' thread for it. It smells really different and i can't seem to think of another cologne that smells similar to this except 'French Lover'

I have the shower gel and the aftershave balm and i must say the body range is just fantastic. It was TDH aftershave balm that got me hooked into buying other shaving balms of cologne that i own. It has incredible longevity.

gupts

This was one that I tried to like but never could. Had a particular note that I couldn't handle. I bought it blind because of hype and glowing reviews. Ended up giving it to my brother who wasn't that crazy about it either.
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends under the couch.

all im saying is...it worked. last night...this morning...and when i was fresh out the shower smelling of it... lol go terre d'hermes.

Interesting - one time I wore TdH to the office and after a full day, I returned home and my boyfriend said I smelled 'like pot' (marijuana). I didn't believe him (I was slightly insulted!)

However, I have concentrated on smelling the dry down more often in subsequent wearings and I have to agree with him. There is a distinct dried leaf accord that one could say is similar to dried marijuana leaves. Honestly, you really have to smell your skin up close to smell it, but...there it is. It doesn't detract from the scent, but IMO I think I appreciate the top and middle slightly more, than the 'earthy' dry down.
    Mike, I did find some similarities with TdH and Cannibis Santal--I love 'em both.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 21st January 2008 at 04:42 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    Mike, I did find some similarities with TdH and Cannibis Santal--I love 'em both.
    I think Cannabis Santal smells a lot like Ambre Narguile by Hermes. However, I think I am alone in this...noone seems to agree with me. My crazy nose.

TdH is like one of those runway models at today's fashion shows... trendy, stylishly dressed but skinny and frail. I prefer a little more substance on my fragrances.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

No complaints here about TdH. Probably my overall favorite at the moment.