Code of Conduct

Default Rochas Man or Hanae Mori?

Adding something slightly different here, and I was wondering if some of you could help me out with making the more favorable decision. Should I pick up Rochas Man (EDT), or Hanae Mori H.M (EDP)? I've heard H.M. EDP was great, where the EDT is really lemon-y. Rochas i here is almost legendary, but I'm still unsure of which one I'd like. My girlfriend likes sweet, and I like things that won't offend somebody 5feet away. I look for long lasting fragrances that smell pleasantly throughout the duration, not so loud it screams, not quiet to the point of obscurity.
    Thanks,
    John

Default Re: Rochas Man or Hanae Mori?

I also considered the same and included HM EDT in the group. RM (albeit a fine fragrance), seemed to evolve faster and down to a basic vanilla. In the end, I decided to go with HM EDP.
    I find it has more of what I was looking for--the chocolate (whether this is an actual note or an accord no one seems to know), blackcurrant, and the comforting warmth. But the main reason for me was the complex, multi-layered composition. The notes are much more interesting in HM EDP.
    RM

HM EdP for sure, but apply sparingly. One or two sprays.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 21st January 2008 at 03:34 AM.

I own RM and love it. I've used a couple samples of HM and I like it as well, but it feels a bit more feminine to me, which is not a bad thing. I like RM better.

Cool Re: Rochas Man or Hanae Mori?

Quote Originally Posted by nolessoccer17 View Post
    I look for long lasting fragrances that smell pleasantly throughout the duration, not so loud it screams, not quiet to the point of obscurity.
    Thanks,
    John
    Ah, grasshopper you seek The Middle Way!

Well I haven't a clue as to HM in edp but in edt, choose RM, hands down.
    Just go light in the application thereof.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Rochas Man. Hanae Mori may get more compliments, but it makes me sick to my stomach. Rochas Man is sexual and confident, and the clear choice here.

I love both, but the Hanae Mori edp is really special. The edt? Not so much.
    Rochas Man was one of the first gourmands I ever liked, and it remains one of the few I like.

Try both then decide -- HM is sweeter; Rochas Man is more about coffee.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I have Hanae Mori EdT and I really like the scent. It smells like ice cream & chocolate on my skin. Not bad. I like it alot.

Thanks for your advice guys. hmm, are the scents diverse enough to warrant my buying both? I do love coffee myself, but I've always been curious about the blackcurrant note I hear about but have never noticeably encountered. For now, I'm going to try RM EdP, but I may try Rochas still if it can't be mistaken for what I already have. haha, yes, when it comes to scents, I am grasshopper at this point in time and I always welcome advice.
    John

I picked up a sample of HM yesterday. It seems nice, and I was told that it's very consistent (i.e. the notes don't really change from top to bottom).

If you like HM you might want to try out Angel/A*Men, it has a similar composition.

May I suggest you at least bring home a sample of the HM EdT for comparison? My wife, at least, found the EdP to be a bit two sweet. You definitely get the sweetness in the EdT, but admitedly not as strong, and its made to smell a bit fresher with the citrus.

Between the two, I like Rochas Man more. I don't get any chocolate from HM; to me it's all fruity sweet notes. Rochas Man isn't as sugary sweet and stands out more because of the coffee/chocolate accord IMO.

Blackcurrant? If you're looking for blackcurrant, turn to Creed Silver Mountain Water.

I wore HM EDP yesterday. I really enjoyed it, and my wife had positive comments on it when I got home. That said, I don't think it's bottle worthy. It can be too sweet and cloying.

Rochas Man all the way!

HM edp is headache inducing and way too sweet!

Rochas Man

Blog Entries

Rochas Man for me. Some SA one time tried selling me HM cause i liked A*Men and i literally laughed at how lame it was

Rochas Man by far....

Rochas Man of the two but personally, I don't like either.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

H.M. is complex, quality, and unique. Rochas Man is less so.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Never tried Hanae Mori but Rochas Man is a huge score with women. They go crazy over that stuff and im not sure why. It's also long lasting and projects well with 3 sprays.