Code of Conduct

Thread: Bois De Cedrat

Default Bois De Cedrat

I got to try Bois De Cedrat by Creed yesterday. I DO like it alot and it reminds me of a (copy cat) possible frag. but i just cant put my finger on it.
    It does "sort of" smell old school; i like that.
    Bois du Portugal, Bois de Cedrat,Acier Aluminum and all the other "old school" frags seem to draw me right in. They seem to be my favorites. The exception would be G.I.T. Old school? Maybe, but its VERY VERY refreshing and green and might i say modern.

Default Re: Bois De Cedrat

It the cedar scent very pronounced? Would you call it "Lemon and wood", as others have told me?

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    It the cedar scent very pronounced? Would you call it "Lemon and wood", as others have told me?

Ehh...It to me has more cedar than lemons.
    Actually, If i didnt know it WAS part of the scent, I would'nt even notice the lemons.
    All in all, Good scent to try.
    Last edited by mttafire; 21st January 2008 at 12:59 AM.

The lemon/citrus has a very bright, fizzy, tingly quality to it IMHO.

Thanks. I think this is the perfect daytime perfume for me.

I like Bois de Cedrat but find it to be extremely spare and minimal . . . and so it gets a little boring at times. Try before you buy it for sure! I have a bottle but seldom wear it. For lemon and woods I really like Signoricci and for a little more sparkle with the lemon and woods Mark Birley. Bois de Cedrat is certainly an excellant scent - Creed doesn't make any losers - but it is a very minimal take on these notes and so will not be appreciated by the masses.

I found it very cheap (less than $60 for 2.5 oz) at a trusted store, so I bought it. I also bought Signoricci. I am quite certain that I'll enjoy both. I like this citric/wood combination very much, I think it is perfect to wear at the office.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 21st January 2008 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    I found it very cheap (less than $60 for 2.5 oz) at a trusted store, so I bought it. I also bought Signoricci. I am quite certain that I'll enjoy both. I like this citric/wood combination very much, I think it is perfect to wear at the office.

I like it quite a bit also, the cedar notes are wonderful. The only problem for me is that it is a 4 hour scent at best. I'll still buy and use it, for an office scent it is perfect. I just wish It had better longevity on me...
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

I may be wrong, but I have the impression that this is an intrisic problem with the citric fragrances. They might never last more than 4 hours or so. But I bought two 1 oz atomizers where I put Eau Sauvage, and I may bring my Signoricci to work, in my bag....So I can reapply them as needed.

I love BdC but I actually get less longevity with it than EdC's like 4711, Farina, etc.
    Compared to Eau Sauvage and even Signoricci, this one is a whisper on my skin!
    Even at a heavily discounted price, it wouldn't be worth it. If it works for you, enjoy it.
    Eric

I get decent longevity with Bois de Cedrat. Sometimes I also carry a small vial of it in my pocket to refresh if I'm at work.

Bois de Cedrat, like some have said is very minimal. Also if one is looking for some kind of opus of a fragrance with three acts and a laser show at the end, there may be some disappointment. That being said, I've found Bois de Cedrat to be one of my favorite fragrances because of its purity and simplicity. It's extremely focused. And it's one of the easiest wearing fragrances I know of. It works on anyone, anytime. I probably wear Bois de Cedrat more often than any of my other citrus fragrances.

I have a sample and a bottle. The BdC from the sample is stronger and lasts on me twice longer than from the bottle. The bottle is two years old. It seems BdC degrades fast with the time. So, I prefer to pay more for fresh BdC - it really deserves.

Off-Scenter

I think Bois de Cedrat is a very well-made and well-balanced variation on the basic Eau de Cologne formula. It is extremely simple. (I'll take credit for the "Just what it says: lemon and wood" comment in my review.) The problem for me is that it doesn't outclass any of the three thousand other perfectly nice citrus and wood scents (Etiquette Bleue, Eau Sauvage, Acqua di Parma, Bahiana, Eau du Sud...etc.) by enough to be worth over $100 per bottle. Now at $60, that's another story...though you can still get some of those others for less.

And you're right - nobody should expect a primarily citrus scent to last more than a couple of hours. (MPG's Bahiana is a conspicuous exception on me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    I think Bois de Cedrat is a very well-made and well-balanced variation on the basic Eau de Cologne formula. It is extremely simple. (I'll take credit for the "Just what it says: lemon and wood" comment in my review.) The problem for me is that it doesn't outclass any of the three thousand other perfectly nice citrus and wood scents (Etiquette Bleue, Eau Sauvage, Acqua di Parma, Bahiana, Eau du Sud...etc.) by enough to be worth over $100 per bottle. Now at $60, that's another story...though you can still get some of those others for less.

And you're right - nobody should expect a primarily citrus scent to last more than a couple of hours. (MPG's Bahiana is a conspicuous exception on me.)
    I think for me, it is something different from the classic EDC formula of lemon, lime, (other citrus), petitgrain, neroli, rosemary (and sometimes a little tonka or musk). It has a very clean, pure lemon note of great natural beauty and a sublime subtle clear wood. I think it outclasses many in its focused simplicity, many of the others you mention Vibert, have a whole lot more going on.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews