Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Indian Earth & Rubiglo - does anyone use it?

Quite a few years ago, a friend who is a make-up artist for top fashion shoots introduced me to an amazing product which I have never been without since. He pointed out to me that I have sallow skin with a lot of green undertones, and that during the winter months I should do something to enhance my coloring. He used the stuff on lots of top models - no matter their skin tones because it was so versatile and natural looking. He remarked that Sophia Loren always used brown around her eyelids (I never forgot that remark since I have always thought La Loren was one of the most beautiful women in the world)

He then presented me with a little brown clay urn, filled with a brownish powder - and showed me how I could use it as eyeshadow, lip color and blush, among other uses.
    It was called "Indian Earth" and is manufactured by a company in CA.

http://www.indianearth.net/Products.htm

I used it for a long time - and then discovered that another company had picked up on the idea and was manufacturing a similar powder - also in a little urn - a company called Rubiglo.

http://www.rubiglo.com/cgi-bin/SoftC...525+1200860388

I had the first bottle for ages - and also have the Rubiglo . I am not much of a makeup wearer and have never used foundation, and rarely use shadow in colors. Eyeliner, and a bit of gloss works for me since lipsticks on me are disasters.

It gives you a wonderful healthy tan/glow which is amazing and lasts all day and evening.
    It is also very inexpensive!

I have no clue where you can buy it in stores these days - I think the last time I found it was in a Walgreens Drugstore - and I won't need new urns for at least another 20 years , but thought I'd share this. I see that both companies have other items these days but I have only used the urn powder.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Default Re: Indian Earth & Rubiglo - does anyone use it?

That looks interesting. I may have to try some.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.
    Carl Jung
    Swiss psychologist (1875 - 1961)

omigosh I remember that stuff! I had a jar of it in the 70s.

My complexion is cool and pink-toned though, it looked awful on me. It reminds me of Bare Escentuals "Warmth" face color, I can't wear that either.

Blog Entries

Hi Dulci - I think they have a pinker one these days - or at least Rubiglo does. Since I'm basically beige/green sallow - I had a hard time in the past finding stuff that wasn't pink
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

I've gone through many pots of both Indian Earth and Rubiglo over the years. Loved those earthy little pots. I agree Bare Escentuals Warmth All Over Face Color is very much like Indian Earth. It's a summer staple for me. I sort of wished I would have kept my last pot of Indian Earth though - it was more fun getting the powder off the cork than the top of a jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulci View Post
    omigosh I remember that stuff! I had a jar of it in the 70s.

My complexion is cool and pink-toned though, it looked awful on me. It reminds me of Bare Escentuals "Warmth" face color, I can't wear that either.
    That's me too. I remember being fascinated by the little terracotta pot, and I think it had a cork in it, and you could use it for everything - eyes, face, lips. The whole idea of it really appealed ot me, but on my fair skin it looked orange. (I can't wear that "Warmth" either, though I like the Mineral Veil very much.)

OMG!!! I looooooooooove Rubiglow & will be lost unless I can find more. I am just about to run out, went online to see if I can find it and found this thread/page. It's only the best thing since sliced bread in my book! I too do not wear foundation due to my very oily skin so this product rules!!! I still have the bottle with the cork, too! Now on to procure the magic that is Rubiglow!!

Welcome Anastasia! If you like to shop online, there's some Rubliglo for sale here: http://www.ecrater.com/p/7412664/rub...er-urn-in-pink
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Thumbs up Re: Indian Earth & Rubiglo - does anyone use it?

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Welcome Anastasia! If you like to shop online, there's some Rubliglo for sale here: http://www.ecrater.com/p/7412664/rub...er-urn-in-pink
    WOO HOO!! You rock, Socalwoman! Thanx for the hook up. I just happen to be a fan of online shopping ;-)
    I must tell you, I am completely jealous of you, as I can only assume you live in So Cali. Your music scene is
    right up there with ours here in the NJ/NYC area, if not better. Big KMK fan here!
    Thanx again & have a faboo weekend :-)
    Anna666

You can also get Indian Earth at Vermont Country Store (vermontcountrystore.com they have hard to find perfumes too). I used to use it in the 80's, but since I wear sunscreen all the time I am too pale for this now.