Code of Conduct
    Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default looking for ideas

Hey everyone. I have a gift card to my local mall that I'm reserving for a fragrance purchase and I'm looking for ideas. I am a student right now, but in about eighteen months I'll be teaching social studies or history to secondary school students. I'm thirty-one years old. I'm not looking for a fragrance for a particular situation. But one that will work best for school and church would be great as these are the two places I spend most of my time. My wardrobe is up-to-date as far as the fragrances I own, have owned, and have tested. I'm really looking for a good mass market fragrance as I don't have a lot of money for a niche purchase. Thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: looking for ideas

Hey, Dennard, I'll be glad to help. As I read your post it sounds like you'll be hunting for a sort of signature scent, in the sense that it will have to go everywhere and do all things with you, especially work (a school) and church. Are you thinking of any or any general type of scents that particularly attract you for this type of duty for you? Also, and perhaps more importantly, can you give us any clue about what scents are available at the mall where you'll make the purchase? If not, I imagine we'll be talking about standard scents at standard department store fragrance counters all across the US. No problem making a selection from those, but if you've got a wider-access or a smaller-access mall yourself, it'll help me to know.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I noticed Ja´pur on your wish list. I think it's quite versatile, that is, if your trigger is kept under control. Most Macy's type stores carry it. If you can find it, go for the Eau de Perfume - it's richer than the Eau de Toilet. I find it just as satisfying as any niche fragrance out there.

Post Thanks / Like

john varvatos or spark by liz claiborne...myserious
    polo double black....confident
    pi by givenchy....sensual
    tuscany by aramis....classy
    ralph lauren romance silver....cordial
    issey miyake bleau....outgoing and different

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the early ideas guys. I'll try to give a little more insight. My local fragrance store has most of the mainstream stuff you see everywhere, but they do have a decent stock of Guerlain, Creed, Mugler and others like that.
    I'm not necessarily looking for a "signature" type scent. Maybe something to round out any holes you may see in my wardrobe. I love green scents like Vetiver, scents with a tea note like the Bvlgari line, woody fragrances like Grey Flannel and Polo. One of my new favorites for cooler weather is Burberry London. A few I was thinking about are Bvlgari PH Soir, Eau Sauvage, and Antaeus. One thing to add is that I live in a very warm climate. It is only cold here for three or four months of the year. The rest of the time it's warm.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend Narciso Rodriguez for Him