Code of Conduct

Cool fragrances for a teenager

I have a son who is 15 (16 this year) and I wanted to buy a men's fragrance for him for when he goes out with his mates....I wanted to get him something that was different to what all the other teenage boys are using (Lynx in a spray can!!)....I wanted to get him something not too heavy or overpowering..(or too expensive) ....Does anyone have any suggestions?!?

Default Re: fragrances for a teenager

Lynx would be a poor choice. It is the deffinition of bad smelling teenager, to me anway.

Some common, but cheap scents would be Aqua di Gio, Polo Sport, Cool Water, Azzaro Chrome, YSL Live Jazz. Those scents are the basic, light, fresh scents. That it what I started on. It was actually Cool Water and Polo Sport. They are good and should appeal to a teenager of that age.

You could make up a selection of masculine fragrance samples from Perfumed Court, then if there are some he really likes, you can get the full bottle. Makes a great birthday present if you print out some notes about each one.

Terre d'Hermes
    Mugler Cologne
    John Varvatos
    Hogo Boss Hugo
    Burberry Touch
    Lolita Lempicka au Masculin
    Swiss Army
    Polo Blue
    Zegna Z
    Narcisco Rodriguez Him
    Dior Homme
    Last edited by Sloan; 22nd January 2008 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny1965 View Post
    I have a son who is 15 (16 this year) and I wanted to buy a men's fragrance for him for when he goes out with his mates....I wanted to get him something that was different to what all the other teenage boys are using (Lynx in a spray can!!)....I wanted to get him something not too heavy or overpowering..(or too expensive) ....Does anyone have any suggestions?!?
    RSVP is good. My daughter's boyfriend wears it. He's just out of his teens.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

My boyfriend has just turned 20 and never worn fragrance in his life (except the detestable Lynx spray). I got him Guess Man as a starting point. It's fresh, fairly light depending on how you apply and manly. I makes a good, young scent, and perfect for someone who hasn't worn a serious fragrance before. Unfortunately it is discontinued, but it can be obtained from many online stores and I've seen in stocked in several smaller perfume shops (Perfume Empire is one I saw it in recently). This is around the $50 - $60 mark so not too bad on the budget at all! It is perhaps cheaper online, but I'm not really sure.

Creed Erolfa.

paris hilton for men
    versace eau fraiche / dreamer
    A&F fierce
    curve
    romance / romance silver
    burberry touch

im 17.

Burberry Touch is one I would have to agree with, I am 15, turning 16 this April also, but I don't mind wearing heavier more complex scents, but I tend to get a lot of compliments on CKin2U

Blog Entries

Thierry Mugler Cologne (green stuff), Burberry Touch, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Azzaro Chrome, and Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue (my favorite out of the "light" colognes, but I don't own it since I have a few other friends who already wear it).
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 24th January 2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: More elaboration

If you want him to not smell like all the other kids, avoid these popular teen scents:
    Abercrombie Fierce, Curve, Acqua di Gio, Azzaro Chrome, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Kenneth Cole Black, Davidoff Cool Water, anything Polo, and anything by CK. Although if he hangs with an Abercrombie crowd, Fierce may be the fragrance of choice.

I'd recommend Clinique Happy, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, Penhaligon's Endymion, Paco Rabanne Black XS, or for the ultimate budget scent, Halston Unbound.

Wink Re: fragrances for a teenager

Thanks to everyone who has replied......Jake and I certainly have some "smelling" to do (won't forget to pack the coffee beans.....we have already browsed the shops for some and one that he did choose for himself was DKNY's - Be Delicious....(hopefully i'll never have to buy Lynx again!! YUK!!)

Cheers.....

I think Boss bottled is the right fragrance for impressing the girls ;o)

Lauren Polo Sport is not bad. I would probably choose it if I was a teenager. Davidoff Cool Water is also good, but I used to wear it in the summer when I was 16.