Code of Conduct

Default Penhaligon's English Fern

I bought this last night and tried it. It is a wonderful lush green cologne that is a dead ringer for the smell of English Ferns. It is light and airy, I would consider it a perfect office scent for either a Suit and Tie, or Blue Jeans and a T-Shirt. As it's name indicates, it's mono-themed: English Ferns.

When I put some on last night, I remembered being at a friend's country house in the outer suburbs in Kent. He and his Wife had the most incredible formal garden. The borders in the back of the garden were all English Fern and they were quite fragrant, it had rained an hour before I arrived.

This scent will not be for everyone, but it is a simple and basic green scent that will please those of you that like the smell of fresh, unadulterated green foliage.
    Last edited by greendragon; 22nd January 2008 at 10:15 PM.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Default Re: Penhaligon's English Fern

It is the greenest thing I have ever seen. And it is a dark green note, very deep and powerful. This perfume reminds me of the Amazon forest. I liked it very much. It is a pity it is expensive.

Lucius

Fantastic fragrance. The King of fougeres in my book. Green, mossy, soapy, clean, masculine and simple - just perfect.

//mmm

Yes, but how long does it last on you? I thought, out of the bottle, that it would be a longevity powerhouse, but it's not. It's actually pretty short lived.

Couldn't wear it - smelled too much like a urinal cake.
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends under the couch.

in my limited adventure with scents, english fern is my favorite casual summer scent. so fresh and green and unique. i find that 3-4 sprays to the chest and one to each wrist is enough to last a good 6-8 hours.

when spring hits i will be picking up a bottle of it since my decant is almost gone.

cheers!
    ryan

I'm a big fan of English Fern, an austere fougere which seems to contribute to a calm and peaceful aura on the person wearing it. It also has great longevity.

I have good longevity from it too. To me it's a sharp herbal attack on the nose--very nice. Tells you its there like a good scent should. Rocford says it right when he says austere fougere.

If any of you like it you might like Molinard's Rafale, which isn't as sharp but a really nice, smooth, vegetal fern smell as well. Super stuff. Should be cheap online too, but with Molinard's new bottle style they'll hike the price.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Yes, but how long does it last on you? I thought, out of the bottle, that it would be a longevity powerhouse, but it's not. It's actually pretty short lived.
    It's a medium length frag, 5 hours+. It might be my skin, but it's nice after 6 hours+.

just soo perfect in green fragrance, I really like it for spring and warm temps...

It's just so very basic a scent, I could'nt help my self.
    Green Dragon

After discovered it is the scent that i have always a back up bottle,awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by giannis View Post
    After discovered it is the scent that i have always a back up bottle,awesome!
    I am happy to see you like it.. There is something so green and natural, i could not help myself....
    Green Dragon