Code of Conduct

Default Is it weird to like female scents....

I remember seeing a thread on this but the search function brought me no joy... so maybe i imagined it. Basically, there's a few female scents i genuinly love, moschino funny, black xs for women, hugo xx, coco (the original not the mademoiselle) etc

But is it weird i contemplate wearing them lol?? In theory i should love them, buy them for my girl and love them the right way, on HER. Not on myself? surely im going nuts here????

Anyone care to help a young man gone a bit scent crazy?

Default Re: Is it weird to like female scents....

Emes, I merged that thread with the "Vol de Nuit for men" thread and there is a notification on the board that the thread you're interested in was moved.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=204501
    Last edited by DustB; 22nd January 2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added link to thread
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

It means that you are unquestionably gay and should just be honest with yourself and go mack out with some dudes because that is what you really want deep down inside.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

LOL

He will go to a strict freudian analist tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    It means that you are unquestionably gay and should just be honest with yourself and go mack out with some dudes because that is what you really want deep down inside.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    LOL

He will go to a strict freudian analist tomorrow.
    or perhaps he should go and see tobias funke -'the world's first analrapist'

analyst and therapist combined!

cheers!
    ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Dammit man, you stole my thunder! No sense in double posting. He likes women's scents? What a gaylord

Scentronic man, you crack me up, I haven't actually heard the term "mack out" in years. Make out, maybe. But not mack out. And I not sure if it was intentional or not, but Lucius V. used an "i" instead of a "y" in the word analyst. If not intentional, then that was definitely Freudian. I have to say though, I do like women's perfume too. ON WOMEN!!!

Welcome to Basenotes, children.

The "i" in Analyst was not a freudian thing! It was merely a consequence of not being a native speaker and not using MS Word to check the spelling!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes, children.
    thank you!

the devil is out tonight. crap, my mom is calling...

I sprayed Hypnose (for women) on myself the other day and actually thoroughly enjoyed it.

Of course, that is the beauty of having a bit of a love affair with Prada Amber pour homme. After becoming comfortable wearing that, most female scents seem positively butch in comparison .

whats up with the anti gay stuff all over this post, i think its kinda disrespectful.
    Current Favorites

Creed- Windsor
    Serge Lutens- Chergui
    Creed- GIT
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin
    Ysl M7
    Creed-Aventus
    Pure Malt
    Chanel Egoiste
    Egyptian Goddess
    Serge Lutens- Arabie
    Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur
    Acqua di Parma- Mandorlo

Red face Re: Is it weird to like female scents....

I'm speechless. Why should Emes get such a series of insulting answers? He isn't the first to be interested in wearing female perfumes.

I'm quite sure it was all said in jest; in such an overtly sarcastic manner that it would be obvious that the real message behind such posts is the polar opposite of the literal words. In other words, a funny way to say "Of course it's not weird, and doesn't make you gay. Just enjoy what you enjoy."

LOLOL no worries. i'm going to get myself anally roggered, see how it goes and report back. I'll be wearing coco while i do-so. haha... Anyways back to the point, i'm not really into wearing them, i never have...apart from the odd wrist test in a store. But for example...i smelt moschino funny and was like "wow"... more-so than when i smell a fragrance for myself that i love. Maybe thats normal anyway, thats what a womans perfume SHOULD do really, make me go "wow"

Well said SOS.

(I too have thought everything was in jest with its over-the-top-ness. If things seemed serious, however, I'd remove them or the thread, of course.)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

totally in jest guys! tone is hard to convey over the internet. sorry if anyone got the wrong impression.

back on track- i have posted recently that i am interested in a number of 'womens' scents and will probably end up with several in my wardrobe sooner or later. marketing is a strange thing. if you like a scent that should be all that matters.

cheers!
    ryan

Nothing against gays and nothing against women's scents, it is all in jest. Heck, I wear Creed Spring Flower, D&G Light Blue, and Britney Spears Fantasy.

Anyone who took my original comment seriously is a gaylord
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 23rd January 2008 at 10:58 PM.

I'm getting ready to give Guerlain Shalimar a whirl Ease up on the Dorothy jokes, I hurt easily and don't suffer well

Thank you for realizing that the only reason I'd say somthing so incredibly stupid was because I knew how ridiculous it would sound... The thinly disguised message was indeed the polar opposite

And yes, I used the term "mack out" intentionally, as I thought it had more dynamic to it than the too-obvious-sounding "make out". "with some dudes" is a nice ignorant-sounding add-on as well, so I thought.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

To answer your original question, no it is not weird. Wear whatever scent you want to wear regardless of its masculine/feminine marketing label. My SotD is marketed as a scent for women and so are the three scents I am testing this evening. Your opinion of what you wear is the only opinion that matters.

Oh and btw, I recently posted a list of fragrances in the female forum that I intend on buying my next girlfriend, whomever she may be...

Half the reason I want her to have them will be so I can use them!

Montale - Attar, Aoud Velvet, Velvet Flowers,
    Lutens - Bois de Violette, Clair de Musc, Fleurs d' Oranger, Un Lys, Fleurs d' Citronnier, Mandarin Mandarine
    Ava Luxe - Film Noir
    Creed - Love in White, among others (This might be a bit too much for me)
    Gendarme - Carrierre
    Hermes - Un Jardin Mediterrainee
    Jo Malone - Vintage Gardenia (maybe)