Code of Conduct

Default How Many Sprays Of Le Male?

Just Got a sample of le male today..really like it..but i heard its really potent stuff..how manys sprays should i use and where to..thanx

Default Re: How Many Sprays Of Le Male?

Zero! You're better without it.

I like the Le Male ads, though. Very nice sailors.

1= meeting a lady
    2= meeting a man
    Seriously, I like this scent. It WILL attract both sexes. Like it or not.

This is my most potent scent. One spray will last the entire day. Two sprays and I can tell those close to me can smell it.

Off-Scenter

Lucius beat me to the punch(line).

None.

I wore seven sprays once.

My next door neighbors came over complaining of something that smelled bad. Hmm, must've been that.

Thrax

No less than 6. Seriously.

Hahaha, Thrax is right. Le Male is a very weak and transparent cologne; the more the better. I'd aim for 14-15.

1. Flick lighter.
    2. Rapidly depress Le Male spray nozzle.
    3. Cackle maniacally whilst banging head.

Off-Scenter

You'll have to pardon us all our fun at the expense of Le Male. The scent takes lots of hits here because it's very potent, very sweet, and very overused. So in all seriousness, if you like Le Male's sweet oriental style, you might want to try a couple of related scents that are a little less overexposed and a bit more, shall we say, "refined." A few that come to mind are Guerlain's Heritage and L'Instant pour Homme, Boucheron's Jaipur Homme, Versage's The Dreamer, Armani Code for Men, or L'Egoiste (not the "Platinum").

If you indeed love Le Male, do yourself a favor and apply it very lightly. This is one of those scents that you can smell in the next county, and the men who wear it seem invariably to bathe themselves in it.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 23rd January 2008 at 03:58 AM.

Though I like Vibert's selections, I fail to see how they are similar to Le Male (with the exception of The Dreamer). I would recommend Escada Magnetism or Very Sexy For Him if you're looking for sickeningly sweet, yet amazingly compliment garnering.

00000, Noooo, not that!

Yuck....
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Hypnose and Au Masculin are two others that I find to be very similar to Le Male.

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Though I like Vibert's selections, I fail to see how they are similar to Le Male (with the exception of The Dreamer). I would recommend Escada Magnetism or Very Sexy For Him if you're looking for sickeningly sweet, yet amazingly compliment garnering.
    While none are "smell-alikes" for Le Male (and who really wants that?) they are all relatively sweet orientals with plenty of woody basenotes, and hence they might appeal to the same sensibilities. Unlike Le Male, they are not "sickly sweet," and hence in my view more sophisiticated. Anyone looking for something as syrupy as Le Male can just go get A*Men, or maybe even Joop.

And yes, Magnetism is a good idea, too.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 23rd January 2008 at 09:14 AM.

Le Male smells great. Put as many sprays on as you feel. I find hypnose very different.

I'd try about 4-6 personally.

And yes, the ad is VERY sexy. Gaultier is a genius. I can tell who the target audience is for much of it...

I personally would go with ZERO sprays. I'm not a fan.

Blog Entries

Rochas Man would be a nice alternative.

Anyhoo, at first I put on 3-4 sprays and no one could smell it on me, but me. Then I upped it another 3-4 sprays and I got a friggin' headache. It smells really nice, but in order for it to project (lightly, even!) from me, I'd have to spray an amount that causes me to get nauseous. It's a shame cuz it was one of my favorite scents. I'd keep it if the increased sprays just for the sake of sillage didn't give me headaches. I'm selling my bottle cheap if anyone wants it. LOL.

I use 3-5 sprays, some of which go under the shirt. Don't let all the haters ruin it for you.

I understand all the hatred, I can smell what people don't like about it, it just turns out that it doesn't bug me much.

I treat it as one of those things that I wear only when I'm really in the mood for it, and it specifically.

If you have good aim (and long arms) you can get pretty much your whole body in one spray.
    Last edited by comsatzinger; 23rd January 2008 at 08:25 PM.

I have to admit that I *want* to hate it. Its too loud, its too sweet, it isn't complex, it has NO subtlety, its too linear, the bottles are gaudy and cheap looking, and too many people wear it - but I am forced to admit that its still a good scent. I have a sample of it, but never broke down to buy it.

A little will go a long way, though. I would use a single spray on the chest - lasts a touch longer and won't "sillage" the next county over. Oh this is in winter. In the summer you may want to create a 1-2 spray cloud of it in front of you and then walk through it.

(I also like the Fleur De Male enough to buy it - and would say that it is like Le Male with an avalanche of flowers)
    (And if you think Le Male is too sweet, Gaultier2 is sweeter!)
    (And, JPG is about as subtle as a scent bomb)
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 23rd January 2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

1 spray to the neck
    1 spray to the chest

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Lucius beat me to the punch(line).

None.
    lol you kind of asked for it with the name of your post!

...though if your post was "What is the best way to apply Le Male?" you would still get "To not apply it." lol

so many haters! they're all homophobes! who cares if you attract as many women as gay men? take it as a compliment that people like it, regardless of gender!

wear what ya love. 3 sprays says I.

Another vote for none.

Whew! I hesitated to respond to this thread because my first reaction was to write "zero, zip, nada". This one was instant migraine.
    Current Favorites: #5 edt, #19 edt & parfum - Chanel, FRACAS - Robert Piguet, A Taste of Heaven - By Killian, Apres L'Ondee- Guerlain, LUX & Carnation - Mona di Orio, Une Rose - Frederick Malle, Kiki - Vero Kern, Bois de Violette & Sarrasins - Serge Lutens

*First post*

Hi! If you're unsure about Le Male being too strong or about every man and his granny owning it you could give Panama by Boellis a try. This is the original from 1924 of which Le Male is a blatant rip-off. I don't believe it's listed here on BN though.

I go with one each to the chest and neck before getting dressed, and then one for my collar after.

I didn't want to like this scent after reading this forum, but after trying many of the alternatives people suggested, I came to the conclusion that my tastes differ greatly from the average basenoter. Apart from the absurdly price MDCI stuff, I've found nothing that I like better than Le Male (yet).

Le Male is a very potent and long lasting fragrance--sometimes carrying on well into the next day--so I would go with two to the chest. Three at an absolute max. It is much better when it is under- rather than over-applied.

Good luck.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by derekp View Post
    I didn't want to like this scent after reading this forum, but after trying many of the alternatives people suggested, I came to the conclusion that my tastes differ greatly from the average basenoter. Apart from the absurdly price MDCI stuff, I've found nothing that I like better than Le Male (yet).
    Good point. You know, we all have very different tastes. The most important thing is that you enjoy what you wear, regardless if it is the most popular fragrance or the most obscure niche scent on the planet.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 5th February 2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You are not your perfume.

fountain

one

As many as you feel necessary.

One, or less.

Just one spray on the neck. Make sure to put it on 20-30 minutes before you go into a crowded area such as a classroom or work, because it is very strong at first and most people will probably find it obnoxious if its not dried down a little

3, neck twice chest once

Blog Entries

Good thing you only have a sample vial.

Run down to your local perfume shop, buy a bottle of Cuba Gold for like, 5 bucks. Go to town (in all serious, no more than 4 sprays) and enjoy the sweet tobacco.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

As many said go for as many as you feel

also id recommend trying YSL Body Kouros, i find it sorta like Le males older brother with a dash of cherry to my nose

Basenotes Plus

---
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 2nd November 2010 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Your 4chan attitude isn't helpful here.

I'd go for 1-3 sprays, depending on the situation and the temperature.
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Your 4chan attitude isn't helpful here.

I'd go for 1-3 sprays, depending on the situation and the temperature.
    Sincerest apologies. Saw the image and randomly posted it - didn't realise it had any significance (never heard of 4chan). Many thanks for pointing it out DH.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 2nd November 2010 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    3, neck twice chest once
    I actually tried 2 to the neck, one to the chest yesterday and liked it better than one on the chest, one on the neck. That's what I was doing for a little while when I first got this and was like....well I thought this was supposed to be a projection monster? lol I realized it was after adding another spray

But yeah I would say a maximum of two sprays on exposed skin is sufficient

double post =X

Once I applied 2-3 sprays and even after a few hours, I had the feeling I applied too much

Hey i'm kinda new here, so pardon me if i made any mistakes in my first post.

The place that i lived in is a tropical weathery place and the average temperature is 27 C degrees, how many sprays of le male would you guys recommend? and what would be a more appropriate fragrance for my condition as stated before? lol thx

1 for school and serious situations , 2 for all other situations, 3 if you want to be annoying.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

This thing is so sweet it gave me diabeetuss

2 Sprays