Code of Conduct

Default Who uses their classiest scents as room spray?

I feel a tiny bit guilty doing it because it seems so wasteful, but I've started using my recently acquired bottle of Egoiste as a room spray from time to time. Don't worry, I mostly wear it on my body, but it makes for such a good room spray!
    I have a small room in a fraternity (yea, it's true, I'm a fratty motherfucker) which makes scenting my living space pretty easy, I only need a couple of sprays--one in the general direction of my bed and one central, upward spray. It makes the room smell sooooo nice, and everyone who comes in notes how good it smells as soon as they walk in.
    Anyone else use their classy edts as room sprays?

Default Re: Who uses their classiest scents as room spray?

I spray the mist in front of me then walk through it so it doubles as a cologne and a room spray.

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    I spray the mist in front of me then walk through it so it doubles as a cologne and a room spray.
    good thinking

I have used up a 1.7oz bottle of Kouros as a room spray. Oh, you said classiest..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I have used up a 1.7oz bottle of Kouros as a room spray. Oh, you said classiest..
    He said "room spray" not "garbage can disinfectant".

Abercrombie is able as classy as it gets for most teens... I use my Abercrombie Fierce as room spray; what else am I gonna do with an 8 oz bottle?

Blog Entries

It's not exactly my "classiest" scent, but I do use my CK one as a room spray sometimes. I also spray it on my towels & sheets. I've used Gendarme for this, as well.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Diptyque has a line of room sprays...I recommend checking them out...the John Galliano is nice.

I would never do that, unless I did not like the perfume very much. To me, perfumes are very special and precious. I try not to waste.

I use Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male for my toilette...no joke!!!

I use Mitsouko edp as a room spray (luxury!!!) It is really nice and my cat is really moved when he smells it.

i use some of the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria (Mentafollia for example) ...very nice

and sometimes as bedsheets scents...

Not the classy ones, and only if I find no other use for them.
    But room spray as perfume - yes!
    I use 'room spray: oudh' from Dubai occasionally on myself .
    And I've sprayed Teck&Tonka from Millefiori on clothes.
    Last edited by narcus; 23rd January 2008 at 11:50 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

My wife found that she loves to use my Czech & Speake #88 as a room spray - she said it reminded her of what the Hagia Sophia must smell like, even though she's never been there! Not sure where I see the connection. In any case, I've taken to hiding it so she won't go through the whole bottle.

I tried using Les Quatres Reines (l'Occitane) as a rose scented room spray, but once the rose subsided, the room smelled too much of amber, which wasn't my intention. I would advise choosing linear fragrances if you're going to use them as room sprays.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Diptyque, yum yum.... I actually use Lorenzo Villoresi's Dilmun as a room spray in midwinter. Here in the Alps it can get really closed-in, and nothing beats a fusty room like Dilmun- pure orange blossom and springtime. It cheers everyone up. It's EXTREMELY strong, so I don't wear it much myself, but it's a real sanity saver after 10 days in snow and ice....

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    I try not to waste.
    I do not think that it is a waste at all. If the purpose of a fragrance is to be smelled, then any use to that end is appropriate. I enjoy fragrances on my body, in my house, on my sheets . . . wherever I can smell them. Personally, I have some fragrances that I do not like to wear, but that I enjoy smelling in the air around me.

Basenotes Institution

I also use non-classy scents as room spray - I find that the Demeter fragrances work best.

In addition, the CdG Cologne Series (Vettiveru, Citrico and Anbar) smell quite wonderful diffused in the air, but I feel like I'm wasting the scent when I do this.

Muegler is perfect for this......Gendarme 20 is great too but i dont want to waste that one.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I use a cheapo "drug store" cologne, Mustang, to spray around (not in or on!) my bed before I go to sleep.

I use Creed 2000 fleurs as a room spray, linen, towels. I hate "room fresheners", they smell gross and chemical. Lemon essential oil and cedar in some vodka freshens up the bathroom.

Here's a nice little trick you can do if you have a Lampe Berger:

Buy bottles of 91% isopropyl alcohol at a drugstore (I find it at CVS--it must be the 91% type or it will ruin your burner), Fill your Lampe 1/2 way with alcohol, add 5-10 sprays of your favorite frag (through a funnel, probably), fill the Lampe the rest of the way up with alcohol and use as normal. This will diffuse the scent same as the Lampe Berger scents but it is much less expensive and you can choose your scent. Since I figured this out, I do it all the time now.

My mother always used her "Joy" as a room spray, I use Via Lanvin, or AA Flora Nerolia bu Guerlain, as room fresheners; along with lots of L'occitane (real) room sprays. I used to work for L'occitane, I bought all of the discontinued room scents; I have boxes.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Pooki View Post
    Lemon essential oil and cedar in some vodka freshens up the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjet View Post
    Here's a nice little trick you can do if you have a Lampe Berger:
    I love these ideas! How much essential oil do you use? Do you use only vodka or do you dilute it with water?

Quote Originally Posted by Waldemar View Post
    I use Mitsouko edp as a room spray (luxury!!!) It is really nice and my cat is really moved when he smells it.
    hilarious!

My cat usually sniffs my wrist when I come home; once he bit it, but sadly I don't remember what I was wearing that day.

On topic: due to sleepiness (and darkness) in the mornings, I sometimes miss my arm when spraying, so I accidentally use many of my fragrances as room sprays.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Dependent

Reviving this thread because I love the general concept. Cheapo room sprays suck and expensive ones are kind of silly. Also, incense is smoky and carcinogenic. So why not spray your incense frag? What about that cheapie that's a bit crude to wear? My standards are so much lower for room spray that it suddenly becomes an exotic and evocative household aroma! It's another way to use up more juice than I know what to do with.

Otoh, I tend not to use my classiest scents as room spray and savor them only as a personal scent.
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 21st January 2012 at 08:00 AM.

I would not use any of my personal scents as a room spray.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

if i have company coming over for drinks, or a girl coming over, i'll spray what i am wearing a few times on the bed or furniture or something. i don't sweat an extra spray here or there; it is no big deal for me. I like that, over time, my place really has a great layered smell. makes it feel warmer and cozier, at least that's what i think.

Azzaro Chrome is my bathroom spray. Someone gifted me the 200ml bottle. Wonder what they think when they use my bathroom.

As I spray my fragrance on my skin.....It makes the room smell better!!!
    Gary

I spray some Victoria Secret Love Spell that I keep hidden in my closet on my sheets b/c it smells like secks in a bottle. I'd spray some of my finest cologne instead, but I don't want my bed smelling like a man
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I don't.

Blog Entries

Have been known to spray rooms, bedding, etc., but nothing too heavy duty!

Now and again I'll spray some Musc Ravaguer in my bedroom or on my pillows.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    As I spray my fragrance on my skin.....It makes the room smell better!!!
    Haha bro your posts have the best vibe

I use Clive Christian No.1 to freshen up my bathroom after I've taken a dump.

I once put a single drop of Shalimar Parfum on my light bulb and let it fill the room with its goodness as it cooked off.

Only involuntarily, if I happen to apply larger quantities on fragrance and some scented vapors still linger on in the room after a while - but never deliberately

Not the classiest, but sometimes I use as room spray fragrances I seldom wear. Not the classiest ones, but the ones that I think are unidimensional and flat.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe View Post
    I feel a tiny bit guilty doing it because it seems so wasteful, but I've started using my recently acquired bottle of Egoiste as a room spray from time to time. Don't worry, I mostly wear it on my body, but it makes for such a good room spray!
    I have a small room in a fraternity (yea, it's true, I'm a fratty motherfucker) which makes scenting my living space pretty easy, I only need a couple of sprays--one in the general direction of my bed and one central, upward spray. It makes the room smell sooooo nice, and everyone who comes in notes how good it smells as soon as they walk in.
    Anyone else use their classy edts as room sprays?
    Everyone grab a pitchfork and a torch........let's get him!! Lol

Most commercial room sprays should be considered a crime of brutality for the nose. Euch!

Yes, I like to have a bottle of a generic fresh cologne or eau de cologne in the bathroom for freshening up the air or to apply to the person as part of the freshening up process. I usually grab something I like the smell of, is fresh, and I probably won't use much because I am always trying out my new fragrance finds all the time. I've used all of these for room sprays with great success: Guerlain Imperiale, Roger & Gallet Cologne Extra Veille, Frederic Malle Outrageous, Paul Smith Story, KenzoAir, Gendarme, Diptyque L' Ombre Dans L' Eau (same scent as their Baie Room Spray which is cheaper) and of course Diptypque Essence of John Galliano - excellent room spray with tons of ruggedness.

I don't. Sometimes I use something like Aseel or Molinard Vanille.

It's never even occurred to me. Thanks for the suggestion.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

I spray it wherever and whenever I want. I didn't buy all those bottles just to collect dust. I enjoy them, whether it's on me or in a room or both. On the other hand, I'm not a wasteful person by any stretch.

I bought Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur blind, but I find the horrible ashtray smell unwearable, so I sometimes use it as a room spray, which creates a rather nice atmosphere...!

I have used some of my larger bottles as room sprays, including Nicole Farhi, Le Male and even Rive Gauche (though I did limit myself to 2 sprays in that case)

I'd use Laundromate from Demeter as a roomspray, I also kept it at work as a simply perfume to freshen up with. My coworkers loved to use it that way too.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I've used CdG Vettiveru as a room and pillow spray sometimes

No, not really, but sometimes I spray my perfumes in the air to see how they smell from a distance and when they aren't affected by skin chemistry. It can be pretty interesting experience.

I have a fragrance from Base - Sand that started off as a cologne and then I used it as room spray and now its a cologne again. Amazing stuff.
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net