Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Worn primarily for intellectual stimulation?

Definitely The Dreamer by Versace. The scent is so complex, it can be a bit unnerving to wear casually. You really need to sit down and study its character to understand it.

Teddius

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    SL Chypre Rouge. It was so odd I couldn't get it out of my head so had to go back and buy it. I almost never wear it...but I was captivated by its weirdness.
    I feel the same way about Chypre Rouge.

I've seen L'Homme Sage mentioned a few times, and I have to say that it effects me the same way. It's very bracing to me, I don't feel like I can "settle down" with it, even though it interests me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Lucius, dear friend - how do you know ?
    Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    Malle's L'Eau d'Hiver (Winter Water, sort of)... I can't imagine wearing it out to dinner, to a bar, to a club, to work, or even to go grocery shopping, but sitting at home doing nothing, it seems perfect, when i can just sit and sniff it's weird creamy texture. It's really hard to explain. It's not complex, but it goes on and just sticks, great sillage and lasting power but like a little white cloud hanging near the skin... it's VERY different. I generally like odd, intellectual fragrances, but this is a different level than even that. it's like, hmm... it's like... sweet pasty powder...
    L'eau d'hiver is the one. Simple and complex, dreamy and rational.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    One can not prove the beauty, but show it. You see it or you don't.

Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) Guerlain Habit Rouge 5) TF Noir de Noir \\ Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

I find when I am pushed out of my comfort zone, I am forced to think and smell more deeply. For instance, when I choose fragrance simply because I enjoy the way it smells, I often take it for granted. I stop at enjoyment. Also, I find that when a fragrance is masculine, it limits my experience. However, if I put on some traditionally women's scents, I often think more about the scent, how it makes me feel, does it work on my skin. There are more variables to consider. Does this smell feminine? What does feminine smell like? Do I like the way it smells? Do I appreciate it for its composition? What does it remind me of, if anything? These questions often get sidetracked when I wear a scent that is less challenging in these ways.
    Last edited by bront82; 24th January 2008 at 06:46 PM.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes