Code of Conduct

Question A question about Old Spice!

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum and I've posted in the female discussion but I've got a query about Old Spice so I thought maybe you guys could help me?

I know Old spice isn't the best fragrance but my Dad absolutely loves the stuff and has worn it for donkeys years! He smells gorgeous when he wears it too so it really does work with his skin chemistry! Anyway....I was chatting to my Mum today and she says he is fed up of the Aftershave splash and would prefer a spray instead but he has never seen one so therefore cannot buy one! Mum said he was chuffed the other day as he found an Old Spice body spray (bless him!) - not quite the same as having a proper cologne spray though! lol

I thought it would be easy to get this in spray form so I told Mum to leave it with me and I'd find one for him. I've been on google and ebay and you cannot get a cologne spray in the UK! I don't understand why but it is only available in aftershave form.

I've found a few ebay sellers in the US so I could get it from there but while I was searching on ebay I came across an EDT version called OS Signature (which also isn't available in the UK!).

Now here's my question - Is OS signature the same scent as the Old Spice original scent? If so then the EDT would be better do you think? Every website I've been on doesn't really say what the scent is so I haven't been able to find out.

Any help you can give me on this would be much appreciated.

Sarah x

Default Re: A question about Old Spice!

OS Signature is nothing like the original. It's an aquatic aimed at a younger demographic.

I think your best bet would be to buy a small atomizer (spray bottle) and simply pour the Old Spice into it with a funnel.

OS Signature is an entirely different scent from original Old Spice. OS Signature is a new aquatic scent launched in 2007, while original Old Spice is a woody oriental.

That said, P&G does offer an Old Spice Classic Scent cologne splash and cologne spray in the USA. (Not sure about the UK, though.)
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I agree with the idea of pouring it into a spray bottle. It's relatively easy to buy the amber or cobalt glass spray bottles. i did this for my brother so he could use up his aftershaves and it worked well for him.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    OS Signature is nothing like the original. It's an aquatic aimed at a younger demographic.

I think your best bet would be to buy a small atomizer (spray bottle) and simply pour the Old Spice into it with a funnel.
    You know - I never thought to do that! Doh! That would be an option I guess.

If OS Signature is an aquatic scent then I don't think he would like that. It has to be the original one. I have found a seller in germany and I'm just enquiring about postage costs for the 75ml Original Cologne Spray. A seller in the US wanted to charge me $60 for shipping to the UK!!!!!!!! The Cologne was only $5! lol

I think its a joke what some sellers want to charge for shipping internationally!

I have worn Old Spice off and on for years. I recently decanted some into a small atomizer for occasions when I want to spray a little as opposed to splashing on a handful. A nice atomizer would make an excellent gift for your father and he could save some in the original bottle for use as a splash.

Here is my question...does anyone buy and use this on weekends or anything?
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan