Code of Conduct

Default Cheap wine/perfume cellars

Dear Basenoters,

My collection is becoming bigger every day, and I would like to protect it, so that it will last for the next 10-15 years without depreciation. Please, can you tell me which thermostats you use to control the temperature of your fridges, or which cellar you bought to put the perfumes? I can't spend too much on this equipment, so it has to be a low-budget alternative.....

Please help me!

Lucius

Default Re: Cheap wine/perfume cellars

I keep Mine in a mini fridge at 52 degrees

34-bottle capacity Vinotemp wine cooler purchased for under $300, which I keep set at 12C. search the interweb.

I love it.
    Last edited by Circa1905; 24th January 2008 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks so much, Winston.

Lucius

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Thanks so much, Winston.

Lucius

My pleashure, lad.

I keep mine at 55 but I randomly decided on this. I feel the default of 45 is too low. Mine is an Avanti, i dont remembr the bottle capacity but 54 sounds right. It's basically half-height. I bought it at Sam Goody for $240.00

I have a small Haier fridge without any small freezer portion. (Takes up too much space and changes the temp.) It's black and silver and it looks decent with the bedroom decor.
    I have about 106 bottles in it and there is room for about 5 more. I keep it on the lowest setting and things have been fine for almost 3 years. I've never measured the temp.
    The wine coolers I looked at were beautiful, more expensive and the glass fronts while nice, seemed problematic unless the bottles were kept in their boxes. The wine coolers also didn't hold as many bottles and would have required getting more than one.