Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Sisley Eau du Soir

Has anyone tried/worn Eau du Soir by Sisley? If so, what are your thoughts/comments? Is this considered mainly a feminine or unisex fragrance?

Thanks.

Default Re: Sisley Eau du Soir

It is a floral chypre with the bite of Jaws. The question isn't ,"is it male or female", but rather, "Is it human"? That said, it screams of high quality, but please, try before you buy.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 24th January 2008 at 03:49 AM.

I'll echo Ruggles. I don't have this stuff, but only picked up a tester strip at a shop this week. I love it. Great stuff. Two halves to the smell. Seems like some herbal (maybe) light sharpness goes in your nose first, then a second half hits and it's thick with some amber and patchouli is my guess. Really good one-two combination. I know I'd want to smell it on anyone and would consider getting myself a bottle.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hi, I have a samples of Eau du Soir. It is a modern chypre, slightly recalling Mitsouko.

To my nose it is very "femme", even matronly. Very good indeed, but as a man I wouldn't wear it. Anyway, I've tried it just for fun. It is a little bit heavy.

Cheers. W

A coworker used to wear it and everytime she would enter the room I would just love the smell of it - so i bought it for my wife last christmas

Don't know how to explain the smell but its spectacular, elegant, rich fragrance.
    It's expensive ...it smells expensive too.. don't use too much.. it lasts forever
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

Basenotes Institution

Too. Much. Aldehydes. Didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Too. Much. Aldehydes. Didn't like it.
    Are you referring to Soir de Lune?

Eau du Soir is an amazing scent! I bought a 100ml bottle of this a few months ago, while in Paris. The first time I smelt it, in Sephora, I nearly bought it straight away but refrained until I did a bit more research on the web. I just love the opening 'kick'. It smells expensive but, to my nose, comes across as a more unisex fragrance - I have yet to pick out any dominant floral notes here.

Personally, I think this would work very well during the warmer months (but probably not during a heatwave). A lot of people have stated that it's more an evening/formal scent - I disagree to a certain extent. I think it would also work well during the day and with smart casual attire.

If it smells good on you, wear it!
    Last edited by Trebor; 24th January 2008 at 04:01 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Are you referring to Soir de Lune?
    I'm talking about this one:

Well, I didn't detect any aldehydes (and I usually avoid such scents).

Eau de Soir and Soir de lune (my favorite) can be worn by men. Two chypres of highest quality
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel