Code of Conduct

Unhappy Versace Man.Has it changed, or is it me?

Recently I bought Versace Man bottle (the original one) for the fourth time. This in itself is kind of unusual for my standards, considering I have never bought the same perfume more than twice; ever. Hopefully, it also says a lot about how much I liked this perfume...

However this time I was met with an unpleasant surprise....

Is it me or has the formula changed? This time around I can clearly smell the citrusy/petigrain top while the resins and spices in the base have become unoticeably weak. What is more...10 minutes later I can not smell a damn thing!!! Which is definitelly not like the Versace Man I know!!!!!!

Right now I feel ultimately betrayed from this brand and it is very unlikely I will ever buy it again.

Does anybody know anything about this? Or has anyone experienced it as well?
    Last edited by Father of the 1Legged Dog; 24th January 2008 at 11:20 AM.

Default Re: Versace Man.Has it changed, or is it me?

I am sorry to hear that!

I would agree it is possible they changed formula a little - it is possible your body chemistry changed. If it has been some time since you owned and used it last it is possible your memory of the scent isn't perfect (scent memories aren't perfect either - though they are a whole lot better than other sensory memories! I only say this because I loved Joop in college, and when I had a chance to try it again - I really hated it and it smelled nothing like I remembered).

Well ... bummer!
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 24th January 2008 at 12:26 PM.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naļve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    I am sorry to hear that!

I would agree it is possible they changed formula a little - it is possible your body chemistry changed. If it has been some time since you owned and used it last it is possible your memory of the scent isn't perfect (scent memories aren't perfect either - though they are a whole lot better than other sensory memories! I only say this because I loved Joops as a kid, and when I had a chance to try it again - I really hated it and it smelled nothing like I remembered).
    You are right, but the thing is I still had some perfume in the old bottle (which I only bought a year ago) when I bought the new one; so I can directly compare and the differene is not a slight one.

I just hope that it is due to a bad bottle....
    Last edited by Father of the 1Legged Dog; 24th January 2008 at 12:36 PM.

when I first tryed it when it came out it was a sweeter tobacco type smell...when I swapped a bottle 6 mos later it smelled like Original vetiver! Nothing alike.....I have no clue why...I promptly swapped it out again...