Code of Conduct

Default Winter Vs. Summer. Fresh Vs. Warm

Hey Guys,

So I was thinking there might be a difference of opinion on this forum of what is a summer scent and what isn't and the same thinking of what a winter cologne is and is not.

Like using A*Men as an example some (including me) think it is a winter cologne and would never use it as a summer cologne. As a matter of fact I don't think im gonna wear it unless there is snow on the ground. If I were to wear it in the summer it would just feel like I would be sweating chocolate. While some could use it in the summer or all year round.

So share your thoughts on what makes a winter fragrance and what makes a summer fragrance.

Thanks Guys
    Checkout the Drobe(THANKS GRANT!!!!!!!!!)

Top Fragrances: Gaultier² :: Mambo for Men :: 212 :: Michael for Men :: Polo Double Black

Default Re: Winter Vs. Summer. Fresh Vs. Warm

I don't believe anything makes a summer or a winter fragrance, it's all up to the wearer. I love wearing fresh non-heavy scents with lots of sillage in Winter, as they make me happier and tend to have a good effect on people.

The one thing I still can't bring myself to do, is Gourmands in Summer!

Like everything in life, it depends. I will wear--and have worn--A*Men in the summer. In moderation, it's quite excellent. A*Men is definitely a cool weather scent though.

That said, light and sporty frags would be my choice.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I've always considered wet season (spring/summer) versus dry season frags a "I'll know it when I smell it" thing. I'd like to see a definitive explanation anyway.
    Current Wardrobe: Terre d'Hermes (duh), Guerlain Vetiver, Bvlgari Aqua, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Mugler Cologne, Rochas Man, Green Irish Tweed

Ill definitely agree that it does depends on the user I didn't think I would get a unanimous decision. LOL

Top Fragrances: Gaultier² :: Mambo for Men :: 212 :: Michael for Men :: Polo Double Black

You have to consider that most people spend a good part of the day inside climate controlled environments, where the temperature and humidity are practically the same throughout the year. Inside these environments, it doesn't matter if it is winter or summer....

Lucius

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 25th January 2008 at 10:59 AM.

I love wearing fragrances in spring or fall...It is the best time for wearin GIT and OV by Creed ...these works very good.
    about winter scents...I´m not always outside to wear so heavy fragrances...I´m more in the office...so I wear summer fragrances in the winter :-)
    Straight up winter scents (for me) A*Men; M7; JPG Le Male; Gaultier 2, Egoiste, Black Orchid, a lot of Serge Lutens Chergui; Musc Ravageur; Original Santal; Body Kouros; Gucci pour homme; Gucci Envy, French Lover; John Varvatos; Dior Homme

Straight up summer scents (for me): SMW; M. Imperial; OV; GIT; VIW; Erolfa; Aqua di Parma (Fico di Amalfi) or Cologne; Acqua di Gio, Issey M.; any Bvlgari; Diptyque Philosykos;

IMO, the distinction btween summer and winter is more about sillage and longevity than about generes or notes in themselves. Want a fresh scent in summer? Spray a bit more. Want a sweet gourmand in summer? just spray a bit less (in the case of Amen and LeMale,please, just do not).

Good point irish.

I like you guys's thoughts on this topic. Keep talking about your opinions

I don't wear scents based on the weather. I do, however, wear them based on my apparel. For instance, I wear a suit to the office so I tend to wear darker, heavier frags with leather, sandalwood, musk, ambergris, etc. On weekends, I go for lighter, greener, citrusy scents that are more appropriate with jeans and sneakers.

One example is GIT or OV. I would never wear these with a suit as it is a poor choice IMO. A better choice in my rotation is BdP or REL. On the contrary, I would never wear BdP or REL with shorts or khakis, The obvious choice here is GIT or OV. Others may disagree, but luckily I have the luxury of making the "right" choice each and everytime.