Code of Conduct

Default What would/did Heath Ledger wear?

His passing is certainly too early. Seems like a gentle soul IMO.

Default Re: What would/did Heath Ledger wear?

Yes, I did like Ledger. I have no idea what he wore or would have worn.
    Where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest. --Goethe
    De gustibus non est disputandum

This thread is in poor taste...

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    This thread is in poor taste...
    I'd say it is in poor taste if the thread starter was disrespecting Heath, but he seems generous in his curiosities.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Regis Philbin
    Basenotes Member
    I CONCUR

Quote Originally Posted by Regis Philbin View Post
    I'd say it is in poor taste if the thread starter was disrespecting Heath, but he seems generous in his curiosities.
    Thank You

what is next with these kind of posts? what is the meaning? is next what would hitler wear? honest i am very depressed at seeing these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    what is next with these kind of posts? what is the meaning? is next what would hitler wear? honest i am very depressed at seeing these posts.
    It's tacky.

My condolences go out to the friends and family of the departed.

Blog Entries

To me, it's not disrespectful since the original poster meant well, but it's just an awkward topic to bring up, even if it is a fragrance forum. I'm sure we all love fragrances here, but there's certain lines that are just awkward to cross.

awkward turtle

He was probably addicted to coke, and took too many tranquilizers in order to be able to sleep. Excess of tranquilizers inhibit the respiratory function, leading to death by suffocation.

I liked him very much as an actor, and I loved his role as Ennis Del Mar, in Brokeback Mountain. He was brave enough to take chances, and move his career away from blockbusters and silly action movies. it is very sad when someone dies so young.

According to this site ( http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfragrances/ ) He wore Jack Black products.

Lucius

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Ditto. Who gives a crap what so and so does / did / would wear!
    Most of these threads are nothing but a waste of space.
    Last edited by ajmc; 25th January 2008 at 02:51 PM.

Im thinking....HUH. Why even ask such a question.

Interesting responses guys. I ask because I wonder what you have to say and boy do you say it!

Tis' a wee bit sophmoric, yet always elicits response.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

to answer the question of this thread, honestly this is a tough one.

and to those people who find these threads "tacky" or whatever, keep it to yourselves. there will always be "tacky" people around you. yes, these forums are for open for discussion but give some decency and respect for the person asking a valid "male fragrance discussion" question.
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frdric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Herms - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Too soon. I don't think that you are trying to be rude, but this isn't a respectful post, however well-intentioned it may be. Write some regular posts and you'll get a better response. I aint mad at ya. The only kind of posts about Heath that would be acceptable would be in off-topic and they would be about helping people coming to terms with this.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmilk View Post
    to answer the question of this thread, honestly this is a tough one.

and to those people who find these threads "tacky" or whatever, keep it to yourselves. there will always be "tacky" people around you. yes, these forums are for open for discussion but give some decency and respect for the person asking a valid "male fragrance discussion" question.
    So even though these forums are "open for discussion", we should check with you before posting/replying to be sure our opinions conform to your definition of "open discussion" eh? K gotcha.

"there will always be 'tacky' people around you." - True. Another fine example here: http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/01/2...-answer-always Be sure to scroll down and read some of the comments.

A valid MFD question? IMO, not so much. I fail to see how these "what would so&so wear" threads are helpful, valid, or even interesting. I usually ignore them but I knew this one would generate flames so I came in to watch.

Sorry, I can't sink to reply on-topic to this.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 25th January 2008 at 07:06 PM.

Gents,
    Everyone has made their points on this thread and made them strongly. I'm sure the posters and the readers will consider the thoughts herein as they consider what is tasteful in their postings in the future.

How about we cut some slack all around and look for water to pass under the bridge? There's also PM that you can use for further reflections with the members you most want to discuss the ideas.
    Thanks,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

I'm in the camp that is sick & tired of all the "what would so&so wear." I typically just roll my eyes & don't open those threads. I opened this one, though. It is tragic that Heath was so talented & he died so young...but I don't think this thread was done in poor taste at all. Discussing what fragrances he might have worn is a far cry from, say, speculating if his death was a suicide or accidental overdose. This is a fragrance forum. We're all here 'cause we love fragrance. In a way, wouldn't discussing what fragrances Heath may have worn be a way of honoring him? Maybe?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

The best way to honor him is to say that he seemed to be a nice guy, that he was obviously talented, and participated in important movies which will be remembered for a very long time.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 25th January 2008 at 08:08 PM.

I know one thing..these types of threads are really annoying...who cares what george bush would fricken wear...who cares what ghandi would wear....I wear whatever I fricken want to wear and I could really give a

http://static.flickr.com/29/98425222_797969c310_m.jpg

what other people think...and whether I should wear something or not based upon their opinion....once again this is america trying to live their lives and successes thru being soo caught up with the lives and successes of other people who are actually succeeding not sitting at home watching people succeeding on the TV and marveling...They are in the trenches actually doing something...not living their lives thru other people and their succeess....I could care less what this or that most recent celebrity is doing cause I do not live my life thru them...nor does it make me in awe at their success, cause they way they did it is the way any successful person does it...they get off their butts and make things happen....

End Rant
    Pugs
    --------------------------------------
    and this was not meant as an attack on anyone person I just think enough of these what would so and so wear threads
    Last edited by Pugsley_f5; 25th January 2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5 View Post
    ....I wear whatever I fricken want to wear and I could really give a
    http://static.flickr.com/29/98425222_797969c310_m.jpg
    Yeah! I don't give a rats cage what other people wear either!

The thread is far afield. More general than it started. I've pointed out that the arguments have been made. Readers and posters can all consider them.

Now I'll close the thread. Any questions, I'm always open to PMs.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.