Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsors

Default Similar scents to MI and Unforgivable

Or should I just say MI? Who knows. Either way, I am just wondering about other scents that follow the similarities of these two? I haven't really come across other scents that manage to come across citrus/fruity but still rich and masculine. The dry down on both are beautiful - I believe the ambergis(sp?) the only difference to my untrained nose. I like MI better, but I still am wondering about other colognes that follow the same "kind" of scent.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Default Re: Similar scents to MI and Unforgivable

Unforgivable Multi Platinum & Bond No.9 Wall Street. Possibly Creed Erolfa & YSL Live Jazz.

Arrow Re: Similar scents to MI and Unforgivable

I presume you're familiar with Acqua di Giò and the like. Halston's Unbound for men is in the vicinity, has good reviews here and is relatively inexpensive.

L'Eau par Kenzo pour homme might be worth a try too.
    Last edited by d4; 19th January 2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: l'EpK
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Bond No.9 Wall Street.
    Second that!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I find Ted Baker Skinscent to be very similar to Creed MI......so much so that I am considering buying it since I sold my MI bottle because it had terrible longevity on me and I couldn't justify 'being invested' in it.

Bond Wall street is definitely a good alternative for both MI and Unforgiveable......Wall street has the best longevity and projection amongst all three and it surely gets my vote....

Apparently Pierre Cardin Black has reminded someone of Unforgivable and MI.

Quote Originally Posted by Regis Philbin View Post
    Or should I just say MI? Who knows. Either way, I am just wondering about other scents that follow the similarities of these two? I haven't really come across other scents that manage to come across citrus/fruity but still rich and masculine. The dry down on both are beautiful - I believe the ambergis(sp?) the only difference to my untrained nose. I like MI better, but I still am wondering about other colognes that follow the same "kind" of scent.
    You could give Kiton Men a try. It lacks the aquaticness, but I think it has a similar drydown to those two - maybe a bit sharper and thus a bit more masculine.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja View Post
    You could give Kiton Men a try. It lacks the aquaticness, but I think it has a similar drydown to those two - maybe a bit sharper and thus a bit more masculine.
    Hmm. I think of Kiton as much closer to Green Irish Tweed; to me it's all violet freshness, no aquatics, no fruit to speak of. I'm thinking of overall impressions, though; the drydowns may indeed be similar.
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!