Code of Conduct

Default Burberry brit comment

Had a date a few nights ago and wore brit. Im a 25 yo male, sophisticated, clean cut look. This was a first date, we had dinner then went for a long, touchy feely walk. Then went back to her place to warm up. The making out began and lasted for a couple of hours! Lots of fun. I took off my button down bc it was hot (it was), so just had my undershirt on and she laid there with her head stuck to my chest. "you smell soooo good" like she was in a dream. She asked what it was, i told her. And she said "you made a good choice". she was in lala land. This stuff does the trick everytime.

So i pretty much cant wear any other cologne around her right? Im sure she associates this smell with me. Its a shame because i like to wear several frags. I just got gigli for man and LOVE IT.

Default Re: Burberry brit comment

Wear it for the first 10 or 20 times you see her and she will get accustomed to it. Then you can start tossing up different frags and getting her opinion, but for days when you want to smell good for her you will always have Brit.

Thats what I do with Nightflight and my girlfriend

brit rocks. I wore it today...i snuck some from my bro, who snuck the bottle from me, so i might have to take it back because it kicks so much ass

This is all up to you broham. I personally love Brit too, and some girls will just get giddy every time they smell my "signature" fragrance. Other girls associate other fragrances with me, and I have to remember which girls like which ones. When it comes down to dating girls, I have gone both paths, wearing a sig, and switching it up. I haven't noticed a difference really. Now what I'll do is pick a fragrance I know she likes, or think she might like, and wear that for the first few dates. I'll get the compliments, but then, as we get more comfortable with each other, I'll switch it up, coming back to her signature favorite every few dates.

Like I said, it's just personal preference on how you want to appear to her. Same old same old may be boring sometimes, but it's also comforting. Feel free to switch it up when you're just hanging out, then go back to ol' faithful for those intimate nights.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

wow, and I was thinking of getting rid of my bottle. to me it smells like baby powder, but now I might have to give it another try.

The good thing about the fragrance is you want to smell more and more of it, and it isnt harsh to your nose. You cant OD on it. Some frags are just too sharp and if you get close it burns your nose. This is very pleasant and classy.

That same thing happened to me thrice. Brit is kind of a skin scent. She didn't compliment on it when she was like, well, 30 inches away from me, but when it came to a cuddle she could smell it. Perhaps, I didn't apply much enough.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Thats what I do with Nightflight and my girlfriend
    Amen to Nightflight. I'm tossing things up by using Double Black for my "oh hey sexy you wanna get frisky? I got the handcuffs!" scent, and Un Jardin sur le Nil for when I wanna toy around with them, and want them to beg for a stronger whiff.

Nightflight, I find, works extremely well in springtime nights, when the air is fresh but crisp; the pineapple and bergamot are like electricity in the air that stimulates any girl.

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    wow, and I was thinking of getting rid of my bottle. to me it smells like baby powder, but now I might have to give it another try.
    it does smell like baby powder. it's nothing more than baby powder with like citrus... but girls love it.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Wear it few times, switch, go back for a few times, switch. I'd say with a 3 to 1 ratio. lol
    So basically yes, Brit has become your main fragrance now. But hay it's a nice frag.

Try Armani Code and (MAAAYBE) Boss Soul to mix it up a bit. They smell similar, but I really think the latter is a cheap version of Brit.

Hanae Mori seemed similar, but it was a store sampling.

I too get the baby powder thing with Brit. I love it but wish it were a tad stronger.

Blog Entries

I wore Brit yesterday & wondered why it seemed like it hardly gets any play here these days. I'm glad that some people still appreciate this awesome scent! It took awhile for me to get into...the powderyness of it turned me off for the longest time, but eventually I fell in love with it.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Maybe I don't want the types of girls that like the smell of baby powder... I don't want any babies...

Quote Originally Posted by papashango View Post
    Had a date a few nights ago and wore brit. Im a 25 yo male, sophisticated, clean cut look. This was a first date, we had dinner then went for a long, touchy feely walk. Then went back to her place to warm up. The making out began and lasted for a couple of hours! Lots of fun. I took off my button down bc it was hot (it was), so just had my undershirt on and she laid there with her head stuck to my chest. "you smell soooo good" like she was in a dream. She asked what it was, i told her. And she said "you made a good choice". she was in lala land. This stuff does the trick everytime.

So i pretty much cant wear any other cologne around her right? Im sure she associates this smell with me. Its a shame because i like to wear several frags. I just got gigli for man and LOVE IT.
    ...Similar thing happened to me a last Saturday except I was wearing Pi.

But yea, Brit is a nice scent that stays close to the skin more so than Code. If it wouldn't have been for Brit's top notes, I would have picked up a bottle of that instead of Armani Code.

Thanks Papashango. I will have to give Brit another try. In terms of female response London
    has put Brit a row back on the collection shelf.

I too love Brit! I am fond of several others, Opium and Au Masculin mostly, but I default to Brit for work and other mundane activities. I am always pleased by the way I smell and get compliments. Though I love the more exotic oriental and woody frags, I always return to Brit. A great blind buy for a gift, as it really can't offend, but some frag freaks may find it boring.