Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i want an evening scent...not flowerbomb

I do not know what flowerbomb is supposed to be. I ordered it because I wanted to try it and it sounded interesting. Thank god it was only a tiny mini ..which is the cutest bottle ever on earth. However the smell is NOTHING...I don't understand the allure of this fragrance. I don't mean anything negative to those it works for. I was expecting something...anything. This has no originality on me. And absolutely does not last. What a waste for me. I wish I could describe it but unfortunately it seems so generic on me. Like every other smell if you had to walk into any sephora and smelled the combination of smells...that is what it smells like on me. Nothing warm, nothing spicy...nothing sweet, nothing sexy........just "perfume" that dissipates and is quickly gone. Although there are a few moments when it almost smells like "Angle" on me...but a much nicer angel. However I don't like that "angel" note...I have a small one of that too that I need to get rid of. So what would be your favorite evening scent for a female? Or for at night? My two favorite scents so far okay actually 3 ..

Champs Elysees
    Fracas
    Pink Sugar

okay and really I do like shalimar but there is something about it that just seems.........not sexy.

Also..I loved fracas in the store but I need to do a few test runs on it to be sure.

So if anyone has suggestions I am now on a quest for the perfect perfume for at night
    --------------------------------------
    oh yeah I am sorry I LOVE Aoud Damascus...but doesn't quite seem "sexy"............so.
    Last edited by sameasalways; 17th January 2008 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: i want an evening scent...not flowerbomb

Try Tom Ford Black Orchid.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Post Thanks / Like

okay definitely on my list to try. danke schon

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I might not be very helpful here as I have a very limited knowledge, but here I go anyway.

Now you seem to love two that I also love: Champ Elysees and Pink Sugar. Those two aren't exactly very alike... but I would guess that you like sweet scents, long lasting, and somewhat of a strong rather than faint scent? Well, that is what I garner from those two (I've never tried Fracas). I also have a fondness for these types of scents.

My favourite for evening wear is Garden of the Stars: Violette Angel. I know you said you didn't like Angel (and neither do I) but this is very different. I find it very sexy, VERY long lasting, and restrain it solely to evenings.

Another sexy evening scent along these lines is Dior Addict. Another one that I would definitely keep to evening wear.

Here are some other types that have a really lovely sweet smell that you may want to check out:
    L de Lolita Lempicka (a warmer, more caramel kind of Pink Sugar)
    Miss Dior Cherie
    I've only wore these in the day time, but I could imagine L de Lolita Lempicka perhaps working for evening. Anyway, those would be nice to have a sniff of next time you're in the perfume section of a department store.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you yes I do like long lasting scents...I have never tried some of those. Fracas seems to be something people either love or hate. To me it is similar to Michael Kors..which I also like.

I love the smell of Mitsouko and Coco Mademoiselle on a woman. If you are close to a place that has Serge Lutens, you're bound to find an awesome evening scent that smells different and wonderfully from the rest. I second the vote for Black Orchid as well.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 17th January 2008 at 05:34 AM.

My favourite long-lasting and sexy evening scents are Moschino classic and Rococo by Joop!

Post Thanks / Like

isn't madamoisalle kind of girly ? I owned that once when i was about 18 y/o and I threw it away...honest. I know that sounds horrible. The smell was awful on me. Couldn't bear to wear it. But the other Coco...just regular..I smelled that one on base and it smells warmer. I haven't heard of the others but I will try them. Do the serge lutens ones last awhile?
    thanks u guyz i am gonna have to sniff those out. I saw the moschino once but there were a few different ones and i didn't know anything about them
    Last edited by sameasalways; 17th January 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by sameasalways View Post
    isn't madamoisalle kind of girly ? I owned that once when i was about 18 y/o and I threw it away...honest. I know that sounds horrible. The smell was awful on me. Couldn't bear to wear it. But the other Coco...just regular..I smelled that one on base and it smells warmer. I haven't heard of the others but I will try them. Do the serge lutens ones last awhile?
    thanks u guyz i am gonna have to sniff those out. I saw the moschino once but there were a few different ones and i didn't know anything about them
    Just about every Serge Lutens scent I've tried has been very tenaceous. If you're looking for a sweeter but sophisticated scent for evenings and can get hold of Serge Lutens scents, I'd suggest trying A la Nuit (jasmine), Daim Blond (sweet, melllow leather), Un Bois Vanille (pretty much what the name says), Arabie (very sweet and heavy, but very spicy as well), and Douce Amere, which is one of the more balanced scents in the line. If you want "sex pot" go sniff Ambre Sultan as well.

Among the more readily available designer scents I recommend trying Byzance, which is lighter and more "flirtatious" than Shalimar, or Jaipur Saphir, which has a wonderfully sexy jasmine note at its heart.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 17th January 2008 at 08:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

wow thanks...I remember obsession used to smell awsome on me and so did opium. Though I think I was only about 10 when I wore Opium and 16 when I had the obsession phase going on...those both smelled good on me I liked the spicy...but I hate to feel dated..and have someone automatically recognize what I am wearing.

Try Lolita Lempicka's eponymous fragrance. It's very sexy, and not all that many people use it (in Melbourne, anyway!).

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I'm gonna try all your suggestions but in the meantime I got Black XS for her and I love it....sooooooo hot.

OMG Britney Spears Fantasy is mouth wateringly erotic... too bad it's so common.

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    OMG Britney Spears Fantasy is mouth wateringly erotic... too bad it's so common.
    I know what you mean. A while ago I tested a Jennifer Lopez scent and it wasn't half bad. But, I just can't bring myself to wear "celebrity fragrances." Something about the whole concept just doesn't sit right with me...

My favourite evening Scents at this Time are:Au the Rouge from Bulgari and hypnotic Poison from Dior.

Post Thanks / Like

oh my gosh they had au the rouge at TJ max.... very unique!!

I also got a perfume roll on of Fracas which I love and smells very sexy to me... I hear a lot of people like the brittany spears one..so it must be good.