Code of Conduct

Default My L'Instant has a notch through the label into the glass

I bought another bottle of L'Instant to keep at my girlfriends and I noticed it has a notch through the label on the bottom into the glass. Never seen this before. I reminds me of when a product is denoted a second. Is this on the bottom of others bottles? I bought this one from Scentiments and it was in the retail box and fully sealed. It was half the price of Sephora. Wondering what gives.

Default Re: My L'Instant has a notch through the label into the glass

I don't have one on mine. I bought mine through the computer too. Mine has a small letter B or a number 6 down there, but otherwise no discernable notch. Smell the juice and see if it smells normal. I can't really see distribution of seconds of the juice inside, and think that unlikely to the point of disbelieving it could be true.

Live in it for a day and see if it's right. Word on Scentiments is always good too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I have something similar in my bottle of Terre D'Hermès I got recently from FragranceX. On the back (non-label) side of my 50ml bottle on the right side there is a little 1-2cm part of the glass that looks like it was filed off or something. There's nothing wrong with the juice, but I just thought that this little thing was a bit strange.
    Last edited by Sagesse; 24th January 2008 at 08:38 PM.

Post Re: My L'Instant has a notch through the label into the glass

I found something similar in a bottle of Azzaro, and just thought it was a defect that made it past quality control. Didn't affect the juice any. I'm sure nothing to be concerned about.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

It's decoded. That actually gives almost impenetrable proof that it's real. It's grey market, but real. Please rest easy.

i've noticed the same thing on several bottles (Coriolan and l'Instant from Guerlain) that i had bought cheap on the internet
    these are surely second choice bottles or something like that ...but the juice was exactly the same

Juice seems to be legit. I've read reviews where people talk about fragrances being dry like champagne. This fragrance makes my mouth water, lol. It is the definition of succulent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I bought another bottle of L'Instant to keep at my girlfriends and I noticed it has a notch through the label on the bottom into the glass. Never seen this before. I reminds me of when a product is denoted a second. Is this on the bottom of others bottles? I bought this one from Scentiments and it was in the retail box and fully sealed. It was half the price of Sephora. Wondering what gives.
    Most likely it is a lot designated for online retailers or a quality second for the bottle. Never seen any notched/filed/marked bottles at the department stores...
    Last edited by greendragon; 26th January 2008 at 08:50 AM.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

I don't think that having the lot codes scratched out is an indication of it being a second; rather, it's done to mask where the bottle was originally intended to be sold and thus make it untraceable. Many of those little "perfume islands" in the mall do this because they likely get most of their products from overseas (most of the ones around me carry Azzaro Silver Black, which is what Onyx is sold as overseas). My L'Instant, which I got from one of those retailers, has it's lot code scratched out, but it's absolutely the real deal.

My bottle has notch too. The scent smells right though. So is it intended for grey market or came from some source which wants to remain unidentified?