Code of Conduct

Thread: Wee hee

Thrax

Default Wee hee

Dear Basenotes...,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wondering what are some amazing summery, fresh, lite, lemony, grassy, citrusy, blue, watery, mellow, mysterious, amazing, girl getting, creamy,floral, oriental, chypre, woody, incensy, rigid, manly, girly, cheap, amazingly expensive, extremely exclusive yet easy to find, niche (what is that anyway?), designer, scent, cologne, that just gives me a happy feeling to cover up my sad attention getting ways.

Ya know, something that Manute Bol, Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters 2, Yoda, Buddha, Skeletor ,a Tijuana bum ,your mom ,a lesbian nazi hooker ,Lopan from "Big Trouble in Little China" ,a hardcore pedophile, MacGuyver, The old lady from Titanic, David Gest, Ratatouille ,Rosencranz and Guildenstern,The "I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up" guy, Tommy Kirk, Thurman Munson, El Nino, Elvis Presley's guitar tech, The girls from "2 girls, 1 cup", The guys from "Genitals vs. Hatchet" , Regis Philbin, Jimmy Carl Black, Hugh G. Rection,The "Star Wars Kid", and NBC Dateline's Chris Hansen would wear. Thanks much to all of you for your replies.

Mad respect to Indie_Guy and Scentronic for thread help.

Where did i put my Xanax..?
    (-ajmc)
    Last edited by Thrax; 26th January 2008 at 04:16 AM.

Default Re: Wee hee

NVM.
    Last edited by tang; 26th January 2008 at 05:06 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Obviously a fragrance without alcohol for you! Tee-hee.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahah ha

Do they have fried ducks where you come from?

LOL
    Last edited by ajmc; 26th January 2008 at 04:54 AM.

Someone please suggest Green Irish Tweed or Geir.

Actually, the Geir Ness suggestion is so 5 minutes ago. Now I suppose it would be Black Oud. Tomorrow it will be Rose 31. I can feel it.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Help me please!

I have a fake bottle. A fake Creed bottle.

SOS.
    -

Thrax,

I was with you, my friend, until you brought Thurman Munson into this.

His plane crashed just a few miles from where I am sitting.

Even though more than twenty-eight years have passed, I think that the memories of that day are still too fresh to be discussing what fragrance he would have worn.

This is a slippery slope, if we start here who knows where it will lead - we could find ourselves discussing Heath Ledger before we know it.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

someone move this thread to 'Just Starting Out'.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I believe you might like to try a fragrance called Scurvy Knave, a favorite with pirates the world around. Very chic, very elegant; yet amazingly, cheap, and sold everywhere...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Kouros: A Real Golden Shower
    Last edited by knightowl; 26th January 2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: spelling
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Blog Entries

Lulz
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

No one uses the search function anymore.

I think full choke is the perfect fragrance for you!

I don't want to sound rude, but did not we just have a similar thread recently?
    It had plenty answers to your questions. Please use search function.

just acceptfacts ... you may never find this holy grail ...

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

You should try Cool Water, it's a really expensive smelling scent and a real babe magnet.

(I tried to post that with a straight face, I couldn't manage it)

does this thread belong here or some other part of Basenotes? I'd hate to just arrive and read this and see the natives dancing so freely like the lil pagans they are with Mr B.

I won't post to this. I have more pride.

But if you have read this far I'd say have a look at all of the Clive Christians and Salvador Dali Fragrances and don't believe one word you hear from that nasty and brutish Chandler Burr spoil sportski who operates this board.

All yes All Celebrity Fragrances are brewed and bottled by those same celebrity's till they die at which point their estates are responsible.

All of the Green Irish Tweed I have for sale on ebay I got from Basenoters who did sell them to me at these ridiculously low prices.

and yes in the deepest bottom of my blackest of hearts which is darker than the darkest black found only this week by scientists and will be the missing ingredient bottled exclusively by Creed to be called Creed Black and sold exclusively by Basenoter ZZTOP — I have never wanted anything more than for this post to be pulled by more moderate, saner minds or one of the legions that are loose on earth doing Chandler Burr's bidding so help me God.

and this is totally beside the point but if anyone reading this knows of a fragrance that will wipe Nantucket Sleighride by Moutain out of my head where it's been playing since 1972 kindly drop me a note at :

McLean Hospital
    Belmont MA, 02478
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 26th January 2008 at 05:47 PM.

Dear beginner, I can remember at least 10 respected basenotes members who left our nice community because of this type of stupid ignorant questions.
    Please bear in mind that never I MEAN NEVER forget SMOKEY from your list of the requested features. There's no lemony girly floral niche scent without at least a little hint of smoke in it.
    Last edited by Sandy; 26th January 2008 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Dear Basenotes...,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wondering what are some amazing summery, fresh, lite, lemony, grassy, citrusy, blue, watery, mellow, mysterious, amazing, girl getting, creamy,floral, oriental, chypre, woody, incensy, rigid, manly, girly, cheap, amazingly expensive, extremely exclusive yet easy to find, niche (what is that anyway?), designer, scent, cologne, that just gives me a happy feeling to cover up my sad attention getting ways.

Ya know, something that Manute Bol, Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters 2, Yoda, Buddha, Skeletor ,a Tijuana bum ,your mom ,a lesbian nazi hooker ,Lopan from "Big Trouble in Little China" ,a hardcore pedophile, MacGuyver, The old lady from Titanic, David Gest, Ratatouille ,Rosencranz and Guildenstern,The "I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up" guy, Tommy Kirk, Thurman Munson, El Nino, Elvis Presley's guitar tech, The girls from "2 girls, 1 cup", The guys from "Genitals vs. Hatchet" , Regis Philbin, Jimmy Carl Black, Hugh G. Rection,The "Star Wars Kid", and NBC Dateline's Chris Hansen would wear. Thanks much to all of you for your replies.

Mad respect to Indie_Guy and Scentronic for thread help.

Where did i put my Xanax..?
    (-ajmc)
    There is no help to be had for you here, my friend.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

This is a job for a Home Fragrance afficianado.

1 part Pledge Lemon Furniture Polish
    1 part Liquid Smoke
    2 parts Lysol Original Pine Cleaner
    4 drops Parson's Sudsy Amonia
    pinch Jello French Vanilla (powder)
    pinch Copenhagen Snuff

Mix well, re-fill an empty Hai Karate bottle and splash on liberally.

And remember the famous words of Mae West, "niche guys finish last".
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Dear Mr. Thrax,

How many times do we have to tell you that Basenotes is NOT about fragrances!! It's dedicated to the discussion of the sweet sounds of the OBOE! Now if you would prefer to discuss your favorite reed or favorite composer, I'm sure that you would get plenty of answers! And oboes are generally made out of grenadilla wood (otherwise known as African blackwood) - no matter what you think, it has nothing to do with Aoud!!!!

And if I would dare make a suggestion about the type of fragrance for you to buy, I would suggest the ultimately enjoyable and sublime Aqua di Gio. All of my orchestra mates just love it!
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

I receive a fake bottle of Old Spice aftershave from an online vendor. I could tell by the font on the bottom of the box and something in the middle notes was off by about 5% - an obvious fake.

Ironically, I think this is the fragance that Thrax is looking for...

Sorry if this post doesnt belong here - should it go to the thread: "Knockoffs that are better than the original"

I love Brut!!! I just thought that everyone on Basenotes should know!!! I'm shouting it out from the mountaintops!!! Everyone join me in proclaiming our love for almighty Brut!!!

I can tell that the berries that went into my bottle of Creed MI were picked 2 days too early. Do you think I'm eligible for a refund?

Does anyone know what frag Bob Dylan is wearing in this Victoria's Secret ad?
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Thrax

Great suggestions guys! Just wondering what exactley is that Black Aoud stuff that I've heard so much about? Sorry I'm being just a typical noob, but I really need some help!!!

LOL - Check out Thrax's wardrobe

That took a lot of work - I'm impressed!
    --------------------------------------
    I can't help much on the Black Aoud - rumour has it that one of the primary ingredients is an extract from the petrified civet glands of saber-tooth tigers - but, I dunno, that seems too common.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 27th January 2008 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Thrax, 10 stars for Cool Water? It must be good! I want it! I'll give you the deed to the house if I can just sniff it!! Pretty please!?

Thrax

I just ordered something called Acqua di Gio. Anyone know anything about it?

TwoRoads, perhaps you may be more interested in the "owned" section of the drobe. I basicly threw everything out when I found "cool water."

Why spend $$$ on Black Oud, Ambre Sultan, Domenico Caraceni and others when you can have Paris Hilton and Britney Spears frags for much less?

everyone has to start out somewhere... what is the intent of this thread?
    Last edited by nthny; 27th January 2008 at 04:48 AM.

Question Re: Wee hee

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post

I'll second that.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Thrax

Knightowl, do you know of this Creed house that I've heard so much about?
    Last edited by Thrax; 27th January 2008 at 06:58 AM.

Because I could.

Also, knightowl, do you know of this Creed house that I've heard so much about?
    Sure...

Each Creed scent is "infused" with the DNA of its founder, Scott Stapp...that sweaty armpit and cheap whisky house note is sought after by celebrities world- wide.

You know that you are a bunch of wicked bad men and if you can't say anything nice, oh please, come sit by me.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

Hey... you gonna be offerin' any decants of that ten-star Cool Water stuff??? Sounds bitchin'

Question Re: Wee hee

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    What ISN'T the intent of this thread?

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
    You know that you are a bunch of wicked bad men and if you can't say anything nice, oh please, come sit by me.
    Just show me where to sit.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Drzed View Post
    Hey... you gonna be offerin' any decants of that ten-star Cool Water stuff??? Sounds bitchin'
    Drzed, decants are outlawed on basenotes now. But you can pick up a nice sized bottle for as much as it would take to buy, and ship a decant.

Now that I really think about it, Cool Water really isnt that bad for something that costs $10... Hmm....
    Last edited by Thrax; 27th January 2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was Lon chaneys lover, and i love cool water,......classic.. get it before it is discontinued

I just ordered something called Acqua di Gio. Anyone know anything about it?

TwoRoads, perhaps you may be more interested in the "owned" section of the drobe. I basicly threw everything out when I found "cool water."
    I don't blame you a bit, who needs all that clutter?

I just wish you had thrown the long-lasting version of Havana my way.