Code of Conduct

Default Any scents similar to the vintage Femmy by Rochas?

Ladies (and gentlemen) I need your help.
    I fell in love with the vintage version of Femme by Rochas without knowing. I used up 3 1/2 minis of it in no time. Itīs so lovely. Warm, soft, a bit musty, ripe fruits (plum & peach), well rounded ... wonderful.
    Then I purchased a full bottle. Only to discover I obviously owned the vintage Femme. I checked the testers in the KaDeWe today to be sure. Yep, same as my full bottle: reminiscient of the Femme I know ... but much stronger on florals (JASMINE! And ROSE) without the lovely opening. The fruits might be somewhere behind the flowers, I donīt know. Above all, I miss the personal, slightly muskiy quality.
    After a few hours, the base smells more familar to the old version. But that is no consolation, as strong florals give me headaches - and this one does, too.

Blahblahblah ... sorry this is getting so long-winded.
    Now, while I try to hunt down the vintage Femme on Ebay ... can you maybe recommand scents to me, that are similar to the old Femme?

vital stats of Femme:
    Ceated by Edmond Roudnitska
    Familiy: fruity Chypre

Notes of the vintage Femme:
    Top notes: Peach, Plum, Peach, Bergamot, Lemon, Rosewood
    Heart notes: Ylang-ylang, Jasmine, May rose, Clove, Orris
    Base notes: Musk, Amber, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Patchouli, Benzoin, Leather

Another source says:
    Top Notes: Peach, Plum, sandalwood, Rosewood, Lemon, Rose,
    Middle Notes: Jasmine, Oakmoss,
    Base Notes: Patchouli, Musk, Amber, Civet, Leather,

Notes of the new Femme:
    Top note : Peach, Plum, Cumin, Rosewood
    Middle note : Jasmine, Rose, Orris, Clove
    Base note : Vanilla, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Benzoin

Thank you very much in advance. The funny thing is, as I sat in the U-Bahn home, I startet to compose this post in my head. Who else would understand this weird loss? Long live the basenotes.net!
    Best wishes from
    kitz

Default Re: Any scents similar to the vintage Femmy by Rochas?

Isn't it funny how scents come into conversation here on BN?
    Just lately I have been hearing so much about Femme that I had to find it and try it. Sadly, on me it's vile (my skin and Oakmoss are sworn enemies), but I wish I could wear it as it sounds magnificent.

I'm sure you'll get loads of responses to your plea and in the meantime, why not search the forum for posts about Femme - I know there have been a lot lately - there might be some ideas there that start you off.

I feel for you living in Germany though with all the rules about not importing perfumes. What a bummer! I hope you find a huge vintage bottle somehow - my fingers are crossed for you.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Another Femme lover here!

I think the drydowns of Mitsouko and Femme are very similar (at least on my skin) I keep meaning to put Mitsouko on one wrist and Femme on the other to compare more closely.

Vintage Femme is on Ebay a lot, fortunately. One little tip...try looking up "Vintage Marcel Rochas". A lot of the older bottles don't say Femme on them anywhere, so sellers who don't know anything about perfume look at the "Marcel Rochas" on the cap and list it under that. That's how I got my almost-full bottle of Femme (along with a bottle of vintage Chanel No. 5 EDC in the same lot) for $18!
    “Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.”--Dorothy Parker

Parfums MDCI #FK3 shares a great similarity with Femme. You can obtain small testing vial from LuckyScent. Try it and you will see it! Good luck
    Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

I'm heading out a limb here as I haven't yet hunted down and tried vintage Femme, but Alpona might be a good one to try. It pushes the fruit real hard, like Femme still does, but it has a very distinct, musty mossy effect as well.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

Thank you all for your replies! I will get samples of the recommandations and comb through ebay day and night thank you eek909 for the fingerpointer, I would never have known to look after Marcel Rochas.

I´ll see that in the near future my place will be filled with Femme-scenttwins and vintage bottles. Thanks again for all your help!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
    I'm heading out a limb here as I haven't yet hunted down and tried vintage Femme, but Alpona might be a good one to try. It pushes the fruit real hard, like Femme still does, but it has a very distinct, musty mossy effect as well.
    Caron Alpona has been a long term, unsniffed lemming of mine and this description just relit the fire!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have vintage Rochas Femme as well as the modern version and agree with your preference of the original. It is a much softer, muskier skin scent compared to the brashness of the current formulation.

I recommend you seek out bottles / decants / samples of the following:

Jean Patou Colony
    Jean Patou Sublime EDP
    Guerlain Mitsouko (vintage)
    Arran Aromatics Laurel
    Gucci Eau de Parfum
    Ava Luxe Moss
    Nina Ricci Deci Dela
    Guerlain Terracotta Voile D'Ete
    La Perla by La Perla
    Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars

Good Luck & Happy Sniffing!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Hasn't anyone mentioned Diorama? This is the closest I think (cross between Mitsouko and vintage Femme) and also by the same nose (Roudnitska).

Ayal Moriel also makes a version of it using only natural oils, called Autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by helg View Post
    Hasn't anyone mentioned Diorama? This is the closest I think (cross between Mitsouko and vintage Femme) and also by the same nose (Roudnitska).

Ayal Moriel also makes a version of it using only natural oils, called Autumn.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Diorama. But vintage Diorama is even more difficult to obtain than vintage Femme. The only place to find a bottle of EDT is the boutique, on the ave. Montaigne in Paris. I feel it is even closer to Femme, than Mitsouko; a touch more cyphre, but very close.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser ā sa source

What a coincidence! Tonight I rushed into the Lafayette (in Berlin, not Paris, sadly) to sniff Diorama. From the library of fragrance it sounded similar to Femme and was created by Roudnitska. Only they didn´t carry it
    But I had three minutes to storm over to the Quartier 206 to spray on "Parfum de Therese" and "Noir Epices" of the Malle-Collection, which are also by Roudnitska. (Beautiful scents, but not what I am looking for at the moment)

This is obviously turning into an obsession

Therefore I will seek out all of moondeva´s and helg´s further recommandations that I don´t know yet.
    Thank you all for helping me so much!