Code of Conduct

Question Chevignon and Jacques Bogart

hello fragrance friends ,

Based on recent reviews I am interested in Chevignon for men. I have a small sample on order.
    I have two questions about Chevignon. Sometimes it is listed as "Chevignon by Chevignon" and sometimes listed as "Chevignon by Jacques Bogart" are these two the same? Secondly, the site perfumedistributor.com lists "old one" and a "new one" versions of Chevignon - anyone know what these versions are?

thanks
    mc

Default Re: Chevignon and Jacques Bogart

Hi Mic,
    Bogart is the parent company which owns chevignon scents so I would ignore that.
    I have only smelled the new chevignon with its citrus/apple pie/plum/amber/wood structure and I like it a lot. From what I have read, I think that old and new are completely different scents, but I am not totally sure about that. The new one comes in a squat, round clear bottle with a heavy silver screw on lid with a white box.

Hope that helps a little, new chev is one of my favourite relaxed casual frags.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

hi again

the bottle in the pictures (both old and new) is tall and flat and with a silver cap. the box is shown as light brown - the color of a paper bag.

I was interested in the one that smells like Polo Crest.

comments?

The bottle you describe is not the new one and the new scent smells nothing like polo crest.Caution though they have issued several scents with confusingly similar names e.g. best of chevignon
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

This one is the one that smells like Polo Crest. I know for sure as I have two bottles.

LOVE this stuff!

Mr Duckfinder,
    Is the one pictured in Atrac's post the one you have?
    thanks
    mc

The one I pictured and the one that smells like Polo Crest is definitely the "old" Chevignon Original. The new one that hirch_duckfinder has and describes is the new version of Chevignon.

It is very confusing I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post

This one is the one that smells like Polo Crest. I know for sure as I have two bottles.

LOVE this stuff!
    I have this one too...reminds me of Bvlgari PH Extreme a little if you know that one. Very nice "office" scent. Wears close, pretty long lasting, evolves nicely into drydown.

I want you guys to know - I just snagged a bottle of this on ebay after reading this tread!

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I want you guys to know - I just snagged a bottle of this on ebay after reading this tread!
    Let us know what it smells like. It appears that the same bottle and package can contain 2 totally different fragrances (old or new). I have a sample vial coming and I am eager to see which one I get. I am looking for the one that smells like Polo Crest.

mc

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88 View Post
    Let us know what it smells like. It appears that the same bottle and package can contain 2 totally different fragrances (old or new). I have a sample vial coming and I am eager to see which one I get. I am looking for the one that smells like Polo Crest.

mc
    I'm not sure what other words I can use to explain it, really. The bottle I pictured is the one that smells like Polo Crest. When they changed the scent, they changed the bottle to the other one described in this thread. If you buy the bottle that I have pictured, you will get the Polo Crest smelling one. Really.

It should cost about $25-$30 shipped (lower if you can find a good deal). It's not like we are talking about Creed here. The risk is minimal, and zero if you get the pictured bottle.

By the way, I wore it today. It's so much like Polo Crest I wonder why someone didn't sue. We're not talking a cheap knockoff here, it smells pretty much the same. I guess colognes aren't copyrighted so Polo couldn't sue Chevignon?
    Last edited by atrac; 28th January 2008 at 04:35 AM.

Thanks Atrac!
    I will purchase based on your advice. I am wearing Polo Crest today, but my supply is dwindling.

Thanks for everyone's replies
    mc

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88 View Post
    Thanks Atrac!
    I will purchase based on your advice. I am wearing Polo Crest today, but my supply is dwindling.

Thanks for everyone's replies
    mc
    I'll be curious to hear your review and comparison when you get in your Chevignon. I hope you are as pleased as I was.

It's a marvelous frag -- and a quarter the price of Polo Crest.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quoted from tvlampboy's review of Polo Crest:
    "And yes, everything you've heard about Jacques Bogart's Chevignon is true -- it's a dead ringer for Polo Crest, or at least really damn close."

After several side by side evaluations, I agree with tvlampboy and atrac's comments. Crest and Chevignon are damn close. I doubt if I could tell the difference between these two if someone else was wearing them.
    I am not good at describing the notes, but there is a subtle difference in the opening notes to me. The Chevignon has a sweeter component to me (almost like apple) that the Crest does not. However, the more you smell them, the more they seem the same.
    Bottom line - if you like Crest, you will like Chevignon - they are nearly identical.

I sent Jon_Remy a private note thanking him for his review of Polo Crest since it is where I learned of Chevignon. I don't think he visits the site anymore because he never responded (or didn't care?).

At any rate, Chevignon is a God Send for those of us who loved Polo Crest and don't want to pay high prices for it since it's discontinued.

I am curious about the fate of Chevignon since the bottle has changed and there is a new scent in it.

Well, I'm not too concerned since I have enough Chevignon to last me for years to come.

I received my bottle of Chevingnon and everyone is right on the head! This does smell like Polo Crest - pick up a menthol - apple note top note? I really like the bottle too