Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Perfumes that just smell awful on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Novis2007 View Post
    Cedar note often turns bad on my skin. Isn't there cedar in CdG Avignon? If it wasn't cedar it must have been another tree note that was awful.
    Shiseido Feminité du Bois. Cedar again.
    Reformulated Feminité du Bois smelled rather pleasant the first time I sampled but next time too much cedar in the wrong way.
    About SL Cedre I read that it was all about tuberose. It wasn't on my skin.
    For this reason I couldn't tolerate Shalimar. It smells horrific on me. It's the cedar. I know I'm the only one on the planet who can't handle Shalimar; just before it dies the scent is tolerable.

Habanita worn in the wrong season smells "like soiled pampers" on me. Baby poo, ammonia, and baby powder. It has to be bloody sodding frigid outside before it does anything nice... and then if I warm up, WHANG... (sigh.)

And so far, Chanel Cuir de Russie does almost the same thing on me, without the "poo" smell, except it turns on me in ANY season.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Met my first real scrubber yesterday.

You: "Congratulations!"
    Me: "Thank you, thank you..."

It was Serge Lutens Arabie. I read it's "syrupy fruits" and other oo la la sorts of things, but my very first impression was I've eaten this somewhere before. On my skin it's simply the best rendition of curry never served in a bowl. And I had to wait about half an hour before I could run home and 'wash thoroughly with hot soap and water.'

Douce Amère, on the other hand [literally], was mysteriously musky and rather seductive.
    Last edited by Mr. Bon Vivant; 1st June 2010 at 08:11 AM.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Serge Lutens - MKK smellls dried cat pee on me... (head note)

It was Serge Lutens Arabie. I read it's "syrupy fruits" and other oo la la sorts of things, but my very first impression was I've eaten this somewhere before. On my skin it's simply the best rendition of curry never served in a bowl. And I had to wait about half an hour before I could run home and 'wash thoroughly with hot soap and water.'
    Arabie reminds me the marrocan food tajine (crystallized fruits + oriental food spicies).
    The indian curry on me is Santal de Mysore...
    Last edited by Mon-Petit; 1st June 2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bon Vivant View Post
    Met my first real scrubber yesterday.

You: "Congratulations!"
    Me: "Thank you, thank you..."

Douce Amère, on the other hand [literally], was mysteriously musky and rather seductive.
    I can say he exact same thing for Arabie. Couldnt stand it.

Creed Love in Black is worth mentioning as it smelled like somekinda rat poison on me. Terrible.

I have been waiting for ages to have an opportunity to try Mitsouko. I am so shocked. I cannot believe how yukky it smells on me. Like cloves mixed with used chip fat. It eventually dries down to something nearly pleasant, but never quite loses the oily part. I need to find another sample and try again. Surely this highly regarded perfume can't smell this bad?

did you try edt or edp Mitsouko?

Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleue in edt version smell on me like horse poo

in edp version they are a dream!

Lily of the Valley. It's such a beautiful scent, and reminds me of my grandmother, but on me it smells like a sour washrag.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

There are many but these come to mind:
    Fracas, Angel, Nahema, Shalimar, Chanel #5, Chergui, Arabie, Serge Noire & Tuscan Leather
    What other people think of you is none of your business, listen to mother, mind your own business

Rochas Tocade smelled like burning rubber on me, which was a little disappointing because Luca Turn said such nice things about it in Perfumes: The Guide. Rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Linds View Post
    Rochas Tocade smelled like burning rubber on me, which was a little disappointing because Luca Turn said such nice things about it in Perfumes: The Guide. Rats.
    Tocade didn't work for me, either. Wasn't burning rubber, but I didn't like it much.

Basenotes Institution

Creed Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse smells so b****y off /awful my skin- rubbery plastic citrus- grapefruit. Really bad.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Dzing! - L'artisan Parfumeur. Smells like feces on me. Terrible.

The Mitsouko was an EDT. I have tried it four times and it is a real scrubber on me. I shall try once more with an EDP if I can get some on exchange. I have to admit i'm not the fruity sort in perfumes. Thanks for the tip.