Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fragrancenet Shipment Notification

There seems to be a lot of google results which pop up for fragrancenet's shipping time. So this is my first time ordering with them, they sent me an email saying the item has shipped as of Monday (Their headquarters is about an hour drive from me, which means should have shown up today). However, the FedEx number shows up as invalid which leads me to believe that the shipping numbers are pre-generated and nothing has actually "shipped" yet. As most of my other dealings with FedEx, tracking numbers are updated in realtime.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Fragrancenet Shipment Notification

the item probably not shipped yet. the tracking number were taken from the form used for your parcel...i guess they just email the tracking number in advance..
    but yeah..it seems plenty of complaint regarding their shipping and stock real time availability..

Quote Originally Posted by marketmaker View Post
    However, the FedEx number shows up as invalid which leads me to believe that the shipping numbers are pre-generated and nothing has actually "shipped" yet.
    You're right. There seems to be a 24-48 hour delay from the time they generate the tracking number and the time the shipper actually picks it up at the warehouse. This has been my experience with them recently also, but it wasn't like this in the past.
    (3110)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

I live 15 minutes from them.

It takes me on average a week to get a package from the time they ship it.

This is because it leaves their facility in Deer Park, NY, is shipped to their outpost somewhere in Pennsylvania or Bumblefugg, New Jersey, and then re-routed from there--which could be 2 blocks away from the original facility, or all the way out on the West Coast.

Either way, you can expect at least a week before it reaches you.

They also have a tendency to print shipping labels days before they have any intention of shipping your package. This is probably what happened to you. When combined with what I described above, you can expect a week and a half to two weeks for the arrival of your package.

After two weeks, I'd email them or give a call.

Fragrancenet kind of sucks, and they're kind of good. Their prices sort of vindicate the kind of unreliable, occasionally very irritating though usually satisfactory-in-the-end type of service they deliver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They must have some great stuff, I think I prefer to go to a local shop considering the lousy track record of most of these Internet discounters.