Code of Conduct

Default Capn'.. this air, she blows quite familiar and refreshing!

I was frequenting a local boutique the other day in Ottawa... and there was a 30ml bottle of Captain Molyneux on clearance.. so I decided to nab it....

I absolutely love this fragrance... it's an herbal/aquatic/marine cocktail mix which really comes off as virile and fresh. Imagine taking a bottle of Aramis for men... toning down the "WHAM BAM', and tossing in some of the , salty sea notes from Creed's Erolfa. Anyone who has sampled and enjoyed Guy Laroche's Horizon will adore this fragrance.. I will turn to this fragrance when I want something a little more edgy than my excellent but underwhelming Bulgari Aqua.. I will certainly visit this scent much more often than I will its fermented weedy distant kin, Kenzo PH.

Captain smells lonely and overcast... like the briny waves that slap against the mossy rocks under a daunting sky... gritty, mineralistic, deep sea glory.... the longevity of this fragrance could be far better.. but its extremely enjoyable nonetheless and will get quite a bit of wear when spring hits.... It smells familiar, but makes me feel incredible..almost as if it pushes all the right buttons.

Captain Molyneux is an inexpensive fragrance that is well worth a purchase!

a.
    Last edited by NearFantastica; 27th January 2008 at 04:00 PM.

Default Re: Capn'.. this air, she blows quite familiar and refreshing!

I really love this stuff, too. I recently got a vintage bottle (don't know if that's what you scored), which I find to be richer and deeper than the reformulated version. A little bit longer lasting too -- though I wouldn't say longevity is a strength.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Quote Originally Posted by UngerWoo View Post
    I really love this stuff, too. I recently got a vintage bottle (don't know if that's what you scored), which I find to be richer and deeper than the reformulated version. A little bit longer lasting too -- though I wouldn't say longevity is a strength.
    To be honest, I am not sure which version I have. The bottle is a one piece, bottom half clear.. top half, dark blue plastic... it's 'not' the bottle that appears in the directory...

a.

Sounds fantastic!
    You are not your perfume.

I'm not sure what you've got.

I first bought a tall, clear bottle with light blue juice. I got it for about 12 bucks. I liked it enough to seek out the vintage bottle -- dark blue and shaped a little like a man's torso (?). It also wasn't that expensive -- I got it on ebay for about $30, I think. I find it superior and a bargain, still.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Captain is one of my unsung heroes. Good value and pretty versatile.