Code of Conduct

Default Montale Greyland Cologne

Anyone tried this? I've got a sampler on order and was wondering what to expect.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Default Re: Montale Greyland Cologne

It smells similar to Gucci Pour Homme, so if like that.... I enjoy them both.

I love Greyland.. I don't find it as dry as Gucci Ph... and generally speaking..it seems to have more 'soul'

a.

Greyland is heavy on the spices (think cumin) and tons of wood like blond sandalwood. There is also a musk element to it that I really like...not an animal type of musk but very clean. I am also convinced there is a little bit of oud in the base notes. I think Greyland is an underrated, brilliant scent. Longevity is good but is stays pretty close to the skin after the top notes burn off.

I find Greyland too heavy on the cumin-like spices initially, but these regress after a few hours, leaving behind a well-balanced, intriguing scent. The extreme drydown features amber and/or vanilla/tonka. The topnotes dissuade me from actually purchasing a bottle of this.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

What I get from this one is a slight smokiness among all the rest that others have mentioned. I always get good comments on this. People think it is unusual; they don't know how to characterize it. It's one of my favorite Montales... but as others have said, it does settle down close to the skin.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Thanks for the input everyone, I look forward to testing it out and will post a mini-review a few days after wearing it...
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

I got a dirty B.O. smell when I tried this, not a winner in my book. Maybe I'm just a cumin-phobe.

But hey, good luck, you might like it

Post Re: Montale Greyland Cologne

Loaded with wood. First cousin to Gucci pour Homme.I love wood's so load it up, Cedar, Rosewood, Teak, Sandlewood, I'm in. Which is why I own both. If you like wood you can't go wrong with this frag, but as alway's sample first. Also if you like wood give Tam Dao, by Diptyque a hard look.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

sorry to bring this thread back from 2008 but I just had to post about it. I would say there has never been a fragrance that I have tried before that has been so embodied by a song and video as Greyland. The song is 'Silvia' by Miike Snow. The entire feeling of this fragrance I think is captured by the aesthetic of the video combined with the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZO1nMuZSnI -- this is a link to it (apologies if there is a policy against linking to youtube on this forum)

I really like this scent for some reason. I hated it at first - rubbery, too much cumin - but I find it always pulls up strong imagery and feelings, and those are the same I get from that song. Over time I have come to really like this fragrance and wear it often.

A very fine scent IMO.

Very Good, maybe a bit crude but I like it.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

It smells like pencil shavings. Very odd, but very wearable. I like it
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"