Code of Conduct

Thread: shops???

Default shops???

Hi

I will be in Amsterdam in February, so can you recommend some perfume shops (niche houses are included).

Thanks!

Default Re: shops???

Hi There!!

Doing a little research, the best place to go would be Skins Cosmetics (www.skins.nl), which carries a large selection of Niche brands such as Editions de Parfums by Frederic Malle, Creed, Diptyque, Annick Goutal, Serge Lutens and many, many more fantastic ranges!! I am sure it would be a delight to visit.

The website will provide plenty of information, but unfortunately it is all in Dutch! Another site to visit would be http://www.theninestreets.com/skins_..._boutique.html, which contains information about this boutique in English, of course making it sound like a must have place to visit. Unfortunately when I was last in Amsterdam I never had the knowledge or time to visit

In the main shopping area you will find a Boots the Chemist store, which carries a range of your usual suspects, although you will find some of the new releases by the likes of Davidoff and Gaultier being released at this time.

I do not know how you are travelling to Amsterdam, but if you travel by PLane to Amsterdam, I must recommend the Duty Free shopping experience, whre you will find many fantastic fragrances, and special limited edition versions of fragrances you will only find in select airports. Well worth checking in early for!

I hope that you enjoy your trip and dont spend your whole trip in Skins Cosmetics!!

Best Regards,

Lee
    Last edited by LeeScot; 27th January 2008 at 10:28 PM.

I just know I'm jealous at all you world travelers that get to go places and test fragrances.

Found this in the City Shopping Guide Forum:

http://community.basenotes.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost