Code of Conduct

Default Sorry, but another Creed question

Yes I'm sorry, but it's important.

I've noticed recently that many Creed boxes no longer have the date stamped on the back. This first occurred when I bought a Tab Mill from the Fragrance District in NYC. I accepted this as it was one of the ones with the arabic writing on the box, and at the end of the day, the fragrance smelt fine.

So I'm keen to buy a bottle of Erolfa, and given the "freshness issues" oft discussed with it, I'd be willing to pay full price at Neimanns. But on my most recent visit there, none of the Creed boxes had any dates on them, including some stock which had arrived that day.

Has anyone seen boxes stamped 2007?

Thanks

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Default Re: Sorry, but another Creed question

My 4oz VIW bottle was originally purchased at Neiman Marcus and it doesnt have any date stamp either...This was bought in April 2007.

gupts

What about on the back or bottom of the bottle? Unless your bottles are "grey market", they should have a serial number somewhere!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Just to add to what Scentronic posted, the last two digits of the lot number of usually indicate the year of production. On my 4 oz. GIT and Himalaya, the lot number was listed at the back of the bottle at the very bottom edge. Sometimes this is ground out of grey market bottles.
    Last edited by RichmondR; 27th January 2008 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondR View Post
    Just to add to what Scentronic posted, the last two digits of the lot number of usually indicate the year of production. On my 4 oz. GIT and Himalaya, the lot number was listed at the back of the bottle at the very bottom edge. Sometimes this is ground out of grey market bottles.
    Yeah is right there at the back on the bottom edge....it says AZ21.06

There is no corresponding no. on the box though. Just some other numbers on the bar code sticker.

gupts

Yes you're right. My BDP was purchased from Neimanns and has the laser etching dated 05. My GIT and TM were bought on the grey market and do not have this.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Yes, check the rim of the base.

My Himalaya from 06, and OV & VIW from 07 all have this small lot # etched/printed on the rim/lip of the base.

Yes , my box has 2007 stamp, I got my SWM from Holt Renfrew in Toronto and and you can see the date on the box and bottle

Date on the bottle

Date on the box

My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

Thanks for the pics, very helpful

Interesting, I can't find it now but, I thought I read in a recent thread where someone said Creed claimed to not use any phthalates in their fragrances.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

i have bought my bottles of creed from a few sources but mostly from a very reputable uk online seller with fresh bottles and he always lets me know what year the fragrance i am buying from him is from . when i asked him the last time i bought a MI bottle he wanted to know why i was so concerned about the dates , i stated the obvious and i wanted a bottle of MI no older than 2006.
    i told him that the last box of MI i bought from a different retailer had no stamp and neither was it cut out or wiped off and wondered why no stamp was put on whatsoever. his response was that he knew of purchasers being able to not have the dates on their boxes and bottles put on there from creed itself so they can buy in bulk and sit on the bottles until they are gone
    if ithis is true or not i dont know
    but that explain why there are many bottles out there without the info on them

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Yes I'm sorry, but it's important.

I've noticed recently that many Creed boxes no longer have the date stamped on the back. This first occurred when I bought a Tab Mill from the Fragrance District in NYC. I accepted this as it was one of the ones with the arabic writing on the box, and at the end of the day, the fragrance smelt fine.

So I'm keen to buy a bottle of Erolfa, and given the "freshness issues" oft discussed with it, I'd be willing to pay full price at Neimanns. But on my most recent visit there, none of the Creed boxes had any dates on them, including some stock which had arrived that day.

Has anyone seen boxes stamped 2007?

Thanks

Ged
    The World Is Yor Lobster

Also, I read in another thread that if the boxes do not have a year stamped on them then they were shipped out the same year they were produced. Not quite helpful if the box and bottle are missing serial numbers though.

If there isn't a lot number, it should be (I think) because it has been ground off the bottle or otherwise removed. Therefore (I think), there should be a mark on the bottle where the lot number was before it was removed as I dont think it can be erased like a pencil and eraser. As you can see from the photo in achanna's post, it appears to be engraved into the bottle.

If there is no lot number or indication that there was ever a lot number, that is possibly a worrisome sign as to the authenticity of the bottle. I wonder if anyone can speak to that issue.

Its as simple as this for me:

Buy GIT and MI retail (SMW too)

Anything else, usually ok - even if it is grey market.

Those three just seem so much more volatile to spoilage and prone to counterfeitting than anything else.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Well if the last two digits of the Lot no. denote the year of production, what does the year stamped on the Creed box represents?

For eg. my 1 oz Erolfa has a Lot no. AB1Y05 & the year embossed on the box is 2002.

What should we make of it?

Let me preempt one of the possible answers and clarify 'Please....this is not a fake'

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Well if the last two digits of the Lot no. denote the year of production, what does the year stamped on the Creed box represents?

For eg. my 1 oz Erolfa has a Lot no. AB1Y05 & the year embossed on the box is 2002.

What should we make of it?

Let me preempt one of the possible answers and clarify 'Please....this is not a fake'

gupts
    Sounds like the fragrance itself is fresh, but the box is not and has probably turned.

? "The box has turned" ?

I think I know what you're saying... But I don't think boxes really "expire" per se

Sounds like a mismatch; pieced together. No biggie, though, the date on the bottle is the only important one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    ? "The box has turned" ?

I think I know what you're saying... But I don't think boxes really "expire" per se
    Twas a joke, sir.

Creed himself said in an interview that the year stamp on the box (to bottle the fragrance)