Code of Conduct

Default Heaven Scent/ Heaven Sent...Help??

I've never posted before... and this is definitely an odd request...

My first perfume, from my mother, was a drugstore scent that she had worn in the 60's or early 70's, when she was young.

It was called either Heaven Scent or Heaven Sent, had an angelic theme, a small bottle with golden juice, and a seafoam green screwcap. Obviously, the more modern bottles have been remodeled, and I am fairly certain that it has been discontinued. When I went looking for it on e-bay, I found out that there were two fragrances called Heaven Sent, one by Dana (which was reformulated in 2001, according to the Basenotes Directory), and the other by MEM.

Can anyone tell me which one mine was, or where I might be able to find a vintage 1980's bottle? I'm looking for it mainly for memory's sake.

Default Re: Heaven Scent/ Heaven Sent...Help??

I can't really help you, but I think my mum used to wear one called Heaven Scent/Sent and it was by Helena Rubenstein...

Ebay....i bought a great old bottle if it on ebay, helena Rubinstein and at a good price

See this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heaven-Sent-by-H...QQcmdZViewItem

I used to wear this and while I have forgotten the bottle I'll never forget the script they used on the bottle. The is the Helena Rubinstein Heaven Sent.

Hope you have good memories!
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

I somehow got my hands on a small bottle of the lotion when I was a little kid, and I LOVED it it was a Helena Rubenstein product, as far as I can remember. I've never tried the fragrance however... I'm adding it to my list of items to try.

(Aside to Beebee - Madness takes a toll. Please have exact change - this is too funny! )

In it's day HS was a popular classic - very Deb-ish - light and sweet as I recall. Happy hunting! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Beebee View Post
    See this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heaven-Sent-by-H...QQcmdZViewItem

I used to wear this and while I have forgotten the bottle I'll never forget the script they used on the bottle. The is the Helena Rubinstein Heaven Sent.

Hope you have good memories!
    Thanks for the link!

This doesn't LOOK at all like the perfume I had, but it doesn't mean that isn't it... I'm so confused! The bottle shape does look a lot like the one I found that was labeled vintage by Dana... Can anyone shed light?

I do have some good memories to go with it, by the way. I found it in my Easter basket one year!
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

I remember Heaven Sent in a blue bottle when I had it about 25 yrs. ago. The only scent with a green colored lid by Dana (at least that I can remember) was called Toujours Moi, and I had that years ago as well. If I remember correctly, it was sort of a seafoam green lid. It seems to me the Helena one was pink? Not positive though.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Heaven Sent has gone through many bottle incarnations and can't be easily ID'd by bottle. I'm not sure when Dana took over the brand, but certainly that adds to any confusion.

My bottle is a Helena Rubinstein edition and a splash, the cap is pink. I remember all sorts of HS holiday editions back in the 60s. And I remember this practice for many other scents too. Years ago Avon was not unique with this practice, you would not have found Chanel or Caron doing this but other manufacturers made all sorts of sizes and shapes especially during the Christmas season. Solids were a holiday staple too...EL continues this practice to some extent.

If you are looking for a particular bottle, Ebay may be your only real choice...I hope you find it. Memories of this sort have always been something I enjoy and I understand how the visual component can be as important as the scented one with vintage items.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    I've never posted before... and this is definitely an odd request...

My first perfume, from my mother, was a drugstore scent that she had worn in the 60's or early 70's, when she was young.

It was called either Heaven Scent or Heaven Sent, had an angelic theme, a small bottle with golden juice, and a seafoam green screwcap. Obviously, the more modern bottles have been remodeled, and I am fairly certain that it has been discontinued. When I went looking for it on e-bay, I found out that there were two fragrances called Heaven Sent, one by Dana (which was reformulated in 2001, according to the Basenotes Directory), and the other by MEM.

Can anyone tell me which one mine was, or where I might be able to find a vintage 1980's bottle? I'm looking for it mainly for memory's sake.
    There are three bottles of Heaven Scent (Sent) on www.Trademe.co.nz maybe the pictures will trig your memory. Good luck :-)
    Auntdaisy2
    Azienta Tibetan Spaniels
    & Stoney Meadows Alpacas

The perfume you are looking for was made by Helena Rubenstein called Heaven Scent. I have worn it since 1970. It is now produced under the same name but the company is MEM. You are NOT looking for the one by Dana.

The original scent was not by Dana, MEM was responsible for production and distribution for Helena Rubenstein fragrances. Dana bought the rights to it, as they seem to do with all the other orphaned fragrances.
    --------------------------------------
    here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/4-pc-NEW-HEAVEN-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Brielle87; 1st February 2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser ŕ sa source

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I see the Vermont Country Store sells some for $29.

Was Heaven Sent the fragrance that used Donovan's "Wear Your Love Like Heaven" song or was that something else? [edit: Apparently that was for Love's Baby Soft.]

Suddenly, there's a heavenly fragrance that clings
    It's heaven scent
    Suddenly, you're an imp wearing angel wings
    In heaven scent
    Suddenly, you are all of the things that you want to be
    A little bit naughty, but heavenly
    In heaven scent.

I think I'm flashing back! Hey, I can remember my eighth-grade locker combination now! 30-6-32
    Last edited by Quarry; 1st February 2008 at 06:15 PM.

I used to wear Heaven Sent, it was the first fragance I ever purchased for myself as a teenager. Fragrancenet has it for cheap, but Ebay's cheaper. It looks like it has been reformulated, but can't tell you what the comparison is from the older one.