Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances I would Like to Try on my London visit!

Hi everyone!

Well later this year I hope to take a trip to London, and art of the trip ill be a day or part of a day dedicated to shopping for fine fragrances.

I have currently made a list of places to go and fragrances to check out. I will run through the current rough plan I have for the fragrance shopping part of the trip.

I would b grateful if anyone has any helpful tips or advice for the trip. I am missing any must see boutiques? Is there any fragrances that are missing from the list that I am looking to check out (not exhaustive) that you would recommend? In which order am I best visiting the stores.

Please feel free to discuss the merits of the fragrances I wish to check out. Will some of the products I am excited about disappoint me? Or will I find myself spending far too much money (more than likely). I am going to save up hard as this is later in the year, and some of the purchases will be for my Christmas! As long as I still have enough spare money to buy one fragrance a month I will be happy!

Back to the plan, here are the places I wish to visit:

The first port of call, in no particular order is the Liberty store. The website has infomation about what fragrance houses it stocks but no pricing information or full product information. However I am really excited about the possibility of trying out the Le Labo fragrances, and can definately see myself making a purchase of one of them! I am also interested in the Prada Exclusive Collection, and trying out products by L'Artisan Parfumer. I have no idea how much the Prada and Le Labo fragrances cost (I am sure that they are at the higher end of what I would be willing to pay for a fragrance) but would love to smell them anyway!!

The second choice is one that all fragrance addicts will agree with. A visit to the famous Les Senteurs. Where else will I get to sample the delights of the wonderful Editions de parfum by Frederic Malle, as well as Lorenzo Villoresi, Maitre Parfumer et Gantier and many other hidden treasures!! I gather I will be spending a lot of time here, sampling many products and I hope to leave with one Frederic Malle fragrance and something else to accompany it with!

Cologne & Cotton looks like a nice place to visit, and although it has a more limited range when compared to Les Senteurs, the prices seem to be better for some products. I am intigued by the Les Parfums De Rosine male fragrance Rose D'Homme and look forward to checking it out. they also have a nice selection of the Diptyque fragrances for £39 each, which is well worth checking out, along with the usual Creeds and Annick Goutals!

Harrods is another place to go, and of course it will include a visit to the Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie. Hopefully it will be an indulgent experience, eith a few hidden treasures worth checking out as well.

Harvey Nichols should be fantastic as well, for one main reason! The Tom Ford Private Collection. Quite a few of these little beauties have been getting rave reviews of late, especially Tobacco Vanille which I really must sample! I would be grateful if anyone knew price of this range and if they are now available in 50ml bottles. They also stock the Etat Libre D'Orange range, which although I am very so-so about the image they are trying to evoke from themselves (I find the shock actor boring more than anything else), some of the fragrances sound really interesting! And at £38 a bottle they are not too expensive. I dont kno much else about what is stocked in the London store, I am hopeful there will be a good selection!

Can anyone recommend a visit to Selfridges? I would include it in my schedule but for the fact I dont want to waste my trip on any stores that do not have anything special to offer. Any information about what they stock would be extremely helpful.

I dont know whether there is anywhere else that should be a must visit. I was thinking about doing Miller Harris, should the boutique be nearby one of the above, but searching for it fr the sake of sampling the four exclusive fragrances suitable for men may be a bit much. They would have to be something else for me to purchase them for £95!

So there you have it! I hope I am doing the right thing, and hopefully I will be able to fit it all into one day!!

Thanks in advnce for any comments! It would be nice if anyone wanted to discuss what they would like to try out or purchase from the above stores!!

I dont know how many fragrances I will get, but I hope to get at least one from each venue visited. I have a good part of the year to start saving. It should be good fun!

PS. I saw on an old thread or news item that there was a Basenotes day in London. Was there ever any plans to repeat such an adventure?

Best Regards,

Lee

Default Re: Fragrances I would Like to Try on my London visit!

Lee, Liberty is a must; the le Labos are £80 for 50ml, and they stock Miller Harris there too (including the Liberty's exclusive Rose en Noir or whatever it's called).

The Prada exlusives are available in Harrods and Selfridges, £140. Harrods had three new ones last week - Narcisse, Violet and Tuberose, I think.

You might want to include Ormonde Jayne in your route, which is only a short distance from Fortnum & Masons, and also near Dover Street Market which is actually Comme des Garcons.

Take energy pills and wear very comfy shoes.

I would make a point of visiting Fortnum & Mason. They have a good selection.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

From the philistine's POV----Find the London version of TJ Maxx or Marshalls---if one does exist there. Ohh the possible bargains! All of your choices of store sound like an awesome sniffrage will ensue.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 30th January 2008 at 07:01 AM.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    From the philistine's POV----Find the London version of TJ Maxx or Marshalls---if one does exist there. Ohh the possible bargains! All of your choices of store sound like an awesome sniffrage will ensue.
    It's called TK Maxx in England. LeeScot, you may already know of it, but in case you don't, here's a store locator: http://www.tkmaxx.com/storefinder.aspx

You'll want to go by Penhaligons, of course (be sure to try Racquets and English Fern!), and also Ormonde Jayne (I second that motion from an earlier post someone made in this thread).

Don't expect any bargains wherever you go, but do expect a wide selection.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 30th January 2008 at 04:42 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Trumpers, Penhaligons, Ormonde Jayne, C&S.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 30th January 2008 at 04:50 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Hirch_duckfinder makes a very good point, btw -- don't leave Trumpers and Czech & Speake out of your trip!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 30th January 2008 at 05:03 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Trumper's... don't miss it. Anything cited in a James Bond novel deserves at least a visit.

If there was another London day out, i'd be delighted to come, might get a 15 year old taken seriously in some of the shops

I wholeheartedly agree with all the suggestions above, especially Czech and Speake! Liberty's should be great, I find Les Senteurs well overpriced (They sell 150ml Yatagan for about £50, can be bought on the internet for £20 off reputable sellers, apart from that, most websites (off the direct niche house) work out cheaper than Les Senteurs, and I find Les Senteurs can be slightly condescending) If you have the time, there is a fantastic little shop that stocks Creeds, SL's, CdG's and a lot of other niche lines:
    The Studio Perfumery
    170 Regent's Park Road
    Primrose Hill, London, NW1 8XN

In Harrods, check out the floor with the Men's Fragrances (just the first floor, I think ) they have some pretty non-niche, but exclusive stuff that's allways nice to smell, and then venture up to Roja Dove, never really had much money as I spend most of it on Oxford Street before I get the tube to Knightsbridge, so can't comment upon that!

Harvey Nichols is a definate YES! Bond no.9, Tom Ford Exclusives, and a lot of other stuff I recommend the Chanel boutique at Old Bond St (20something!) as they stock the Les Exclusifs and Bois des Iles is worth a smell

For mid-range to common niche-range I also reccomend House of Fraser, as they have the SL export line at £52 a pop, whereas Les Senteurs can go up to £70 (House of Fraser has Ambre Sultan for £52, in Les Senteurs, it was £62!) I know I sound cheap, but to be fair, I found the service at House of Fraser more pleasant, maybe not as informative though!

If you pop into The Studio Perfumery, they carry most of the CdG scents, and others so I recommend them more than Dover St. Market (CdG's store!) Currently I can't think of anything else, but I reccommend going into Selfridges and to the Dior counter to sample the exclusive Christian Dior colognes Cologne Blanche, Eau Noire and Bois D'Argent All three of them are beautiful (Cologne Blanche is on it's way, soon buying Bois D'Argent !) But, I think they're available at Harrods (just maybe!) Plus, if coming to London, Selfridges is a must !

Through London, SA's can range from fantastic, interesting and informative to plain stupid, dull and unhelpful. Just hold your head up high and let them know who's boss Also, Samples won't be offered easily, ask for them. Shops hardly ever say no, but they don't tend to give them out without you asking !

Hope you have a great time

Talking Re: Fragrances I would Like to Try on my London visit!

Def go must to go to Harvey Nichols and check out the Bond no.9 counter. i was there last week and Beth was a great help

Quote Originally Posted by vanille View Post
    Lee, Liberty is a must; the le Labos are £80 for 50ml, and they stock Miller Harris there too (including the Liberty's exclusive Rose en Noir or whatever it's called).

The Prada exlusives are available in Harrods and Selfridges, £140. Harrods had three new ones last week - Narcisse, Violet and Tuberose, I think.

You might want to include Ormonde Jayne in your route, which is only a short distance from Fortnum & Masons, and also near Dover Street Market which is actually Comme des Garcons.

Take energy pills and wear very comfy shoes.

Hi Vanille,

Thanks for the info. I will definately be making a purchase from the Le Labo counter. Do you know if they have the new Vanilla fragrance yet. I am sure they will have it by the tie I head own south, Le Labo will definately be a win win situation!!

The Prada's look fantastic, but at £140 are above what I am intending to send on one fragrance. Still they will be nice to try out, but £140 could probably buy me two or three quality fragrances!

I am also wondering what the pric of the Tom Ford collection is. I heard that some stores in the US now have them in 50ml editions. I would certainly hope these are in my price range!!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    Thanks Jeffrey,

I am sure to check this one out, if Anna allows it!! Hopefully it will have a nice selection to add to the decision making process!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    Hello Jickyman!

Yes, I am well aware of what is TK Maxx here. We have one in my home town and one in Glasgow. It is much much better for female bargains, and I am getting my girlfriend one of the new Mathew Williamson fragrances which are £35 in House of Frazer and Harrods for £16.99!

Unfortunately the mens selection is terrible, unless you want Wings or Obsession Night!!! They id have a bottle of Antidote for £25 (usually £35), but I am not really keen on it!

Dont worry, I check out the Cumbernauld store on a regular basis for bargains!
    Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    You'll want to go by Penhaligons, of course (be sure to try Racquets and English Fern!), and also Ormonde Jayne (I second that motion from an earlier post someone made in this thread).

Don't expect any bargains wherever you go, but do expect a wide selection.
    Hi Tvlampboy,

Luckily I have a Penhaligons in glasgow, which is two minutes walk from the offices I work in!!

Regarding Ormonde Jayne, the website only mentions two male fragrances, would it be woth checking for those two or do they stock more?
    Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Trumpers, Penhaligons, Ormonde Jayne, C&S.
    Hi hirch_duckfinder!

Czech & Speake and Trumpers look exquisite, and will seriously looked at for being added to the plan! I just hope one day is enough to fulfil my fragrance smelling desires!!
    Last edited by LeeScot; 30th January 2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

LeeScot, The Vanilla scent isn't available at Liberty, Vanille 44 is a Collette, Paris only exclusive. Le Labo have done this for each of the cities that they have boutiques in!

Paris: Vanille 44
    Texas (Barneys, Dallas) : Aldehyde 44
    New York (Barneys, SoHo boutique) : Tuberuse 40

London : According to the Le Labo counter person at Liberty's, sometime February/March (One year anniversary of Le Labo at Liberty's)
    Tokyo : TBA
    LA : TBA

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    If there was another London day out, i'd be delighted to come, might get a 15 year old taken seriously in some of the shops

I wholeheartedly agree with all the suggestions above, especially Czech and Speake! Liberty's should be great, I find Les Senteurs well overpriced (They sell 150ml Yatagan for about £50, can be bought on the internet for £20 off reputable sellers, apart from that, most websites (off the direct niche house) work out cheaper than Les Senteurs, and I find Les Senteurs can be slightly condescending) If you have the time, there is a fantastic little shop that stocks Creeds, SL's, CdG's and a lot of other niche lines:
    The Studio Perfumery
    170 Regent's Park Road
    Primrose Hill, London, NW1 8XN

In Harrods, check out the floor with the Men's Fragrances (just the first floor, I think ) they have some pretty non-niche, but exclusive stuff that's allways nice to smell, and then venture up to Roja Dove, never really had much money as I spend most of it on Oxford Street before I get the tube to Knightsbridge, so can't comment upon that!

Harvey Nichols is a definate YES! Bond no.9, Tom Ford Exclusives, and a lot of other stuff I recommend the Chanel boutique at Old Bond St (20something!) as they stock the Les Exclusifs and Bois des Iles is worth a smell

For mid-range to common niche-range I also reccomend House of Fraser, as they have the SL export line at £52 a pop, whereas Les Senteurs can go up to £70 (House of Fraser has Ambre Sultan for £52, in Les Senteurs, it was £62!) I know I sound cheap, but to be fair, I found the service at House of Fraser more pleasant, maybe not as informative though!

If you pop into The Studio Perfumery, they carry most of the CdG scents, and others so I recommend them more than Dover St. Market (CdG's store!) Currently I can't think of anything else, but I reccommend going into Selfridges and to the Dior counter to sample the exclusive Christian Dior colognes Cologne Blanche, Eau Noire and Bois D'Argent All three of them are beautiful (Cologne Blanche is on it's way, soon buying Bois D'Argent !) But, I think they're available at Harrods (just maybe!) Plus, if coming to London, Selfridges is a must !

Through London, SA's can range from fantastic, interesting and informative to plain stupid, dull and unhelpful. Just hold your head up high and let them know who's boss Also, Samples won't be offered easily, ask for them. Shops hardly ever say no, but they don't tend to give them out without you asking !

Hope you have a great time
    Hello Vivek

Thanks for the many tips you gave me with your response. You certainly know a lot more than most people my age do about fragrances (I am thirty), and certainly more than some of the more stuck up sales assistnants.

Yes, there will be so many places to check out when I travel south. On your recommendation I ill make Selfridges a must do attraction! I will also check out the Studio Perfumery which sounds like a good place to visit!

Harrods will be great. For Bond No 9 I will be in Florida in September, and will get my Bond No 9 fix then, the 50ml's are an average of £25 cheape in the US, and I would rather pay £63 in Orlando than £88 in London! But I will check out the other frangrances the store has to offer. I also hope Roja Dove lives up to its reputation!

I would dearl like to try out the Christian Dior exclusives! How much do they cost? I also am wondering how much the Tom Ford exclusives are as I cant find the pricing anywhere!! I have a frazers here in glasgow, which stocks the Serge Lutens, and has Arabie currently for £33 and Chene for £28. Of course I would have purchased them, but the SA over applied the Chene to my hand and I could not tell if I really liked it. Anna wasnt so keen so I just left it. They do have En Bois Vanille which is very high on my to buy list!! And I dont think you are a cheap for buying fragrances here. London is a very special treat for me, so I want to make the mst of it!!

I know what you mean about Sales Assistants, I have had some good and bad experiences with them in Glasgow recently, its enough t make your blood boil!! I will certainly be asking for samples, as I expect to spend uite a substantial sum of money when I visit!

Thanks again for taking time to write a substantial reply!

Tom ford private blend

50 ml - 90£
    250 ml - 250£
    Last edited by DreamerII; 30th January 2008 at 10:32 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

The Christian Dior exclusives, £60 for 125ml, £95 for 250ml (although got Cologne Blanche off E-bay just today for £40!!! !) and 500ml for £120 They're called 'Colognes' but are actually EDT's (what the SA said!) and Bois D'Argent lasted for about 6 hours on my skin, and Cologne Blanche for about 7 - So the longevity certainly isn't an issue!

I'm tempted to call up House of Fraser in Glasgow and ask about Chene and Arabie! At those prices, seem hard to pass up, they're all £52 in Birmingham, as the sales are over (Completely forgot to check out niche scents in the sales!)

The Tom Ford Private Blend price in at about £100 for 50mls, ouch, yes expensive! But Tobacco Vanille, Oud Wood and Bois Rouge are divine! They're EdP and pretty good, and ultimately exclusive in UK, so tis all good Bigger 250ml size is around £250, so if you find any you REALLY like, PM me, we can consider a bottle split (I go to London every few weeks...) as then its only £125 for 125ml, far more affordable!

But seriously, apart from the Malle scent, if you smell anything you like at Les Senteurs, and find the price a bit steep, look around for it, as you can probably find it for less somewhere else unless its super exclusive

If you need any help, just PM me really
    Can't believe I left this out, but if you're off to Knightsbridge, well worth popping into Hermes on Sloane St (Far far far far nicer than Bond St!!!) and sampling the Hermes Hermessence Line. The Giorgio Armani boutique is also around there, and they stock the Giorgio Armani Prive fragrances, works of art in damn sexy bottles, suggest you give those a sniff too
    Last edited by Vivek; 30th January 2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello DreamerII

Thanks for the prices, I was guessing £85 for the Tom Ford Private Blends, so it isnt too much above what I expected it to be!! Shoul still be able to afford one, hopefully!

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the additional help.

I will definately investigate the Dior exclusives, as they seem reasonably priced! I am going fragrance shopping on Saturday (through to Edinburgh), and I wonder if I will be able to samplethese at Harvey Nichols or the Jenners store (which has a roja Dove Haute Perfumerie section). I am not expecting to find many of the fragrances I can get in London, but at least there will be an opportunity to try out some other fragrances not readily availible in Glasgow!

I will hopefully buy two or three fragrances at the weekend (depending on the price of course) and will purchase a Montale fragrance from Paris too, and that will be my major fragrance spending done until September in Orlando, then London towards the end of the year.

After that it will be one fragrance a month, two in exceptional circumstances! (Mostly in the lower price range!)

Best regards,

Lee

Harvey Nichols also has Twill Rose and Rose d'Homme by Rosine which are often hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    F&M also leave you to your own devices, for better or worse. Don't they monitor the Clive Christian testers? Also, another thing I noticed about frag shopping in England is that the SA's are not very forthcoming with samples. I did take mental notes on what I liked and looked for it on ebay/internet retailers for cheaper (damn the $/Pound exchange rate) when I got home.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Geez O Pete's, Man! You MUST visit the Penhaligon's store in Covent Garden. There is also a nice little store just off New Bond Street across from Pringle (Fab clothes) and Fenwick's (dept store) if you are shopping in that area- and you will be. There are loads of designer shops on New Bond and so, there will be plenty of signature scents to try all up and down the street. Do hit the Penhaligon's flagship store in Covent Garden though- it WILL be a highlight of you fragrance trek through London.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

After the disappointment of last weekend in Edinburgh, I have moved the trip to London forward to next month, probably in four weeks time!

My budget will be less than the trip towards the end of the year, butI still hope to spend £300 to £400 on fragrances. No money for anything else apart from food and entertainment. Will probebly get the bus that will get me into London for 7.30am and leave at 11.00pm, will keep you updated on when I decide to go!

Les Senteurs is walking distance from Victoria station - you can easily walk to Harrods from there too (just print off some streetmaps).

I've always found the SAs at Les Senteurs to be really nice - I know some people have had different experiences but I've always found them helpful and they are free and easy with the samples. Even if you don't buy, you can pick up several samples to try later (and then buy cheaper somewhere else if that's an issue).

Harrods has a good perfume department downstairs which stocks the Tom Ford line, some Carons, Bonds, Creeds etc. The Haute Parfumerie on the 5th Floor has all the Roja Dove exclusives, Caron urns, and parfum strength Guerlains, plus some harder to find scents like Schiap Shocking etc. They're quite happy for you to browse at your leisure though you may need to ask for tester strips. I have not tried asking for samples there.

Harvey Nicks is also near though I don't think it has anything Harrods doesn't have.

After all that your nose will probably be tired so I'd leave the other shops for another day.

Selfridges is a big store and can be a bit like Dante's Inferno on a Saturday. There's a Chanel boutique just away from the main perfumery that has the Chanel Exclusifs. The main perfumerie has all the usual suspects like Miller Harris, Creed, Lutens, Bond and the rest.
    Further up Oxford Street, near Oxford Circus, there's Liberty. I have never once been pressured by an SA there, and there's plenty of test strips. They stock the CdG range plus Annick Goutal, Lutens, Miller Harris, L'AP and more.

If you venture down Bond Street and through the back streets you'll find Penhaligons and various other niche places.

If you want to do both in one day I suggest the following:

Go to Victoria and Les Senteurs. Walk to Harrods from there. Afterwards, take the Piccadilly line to Piccadilly Circus. Walk up Regent Street (there's a Penhaligons on the left somewhere up there). Cross the road and walk up until you hit Liberty. Enter and test at your leisure. Make your way towards Selfridges from there, hitting any others you fancy on the way.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Indiscreet; 5th February 2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: stupid touchpad posted before I was ready

What a great idea for a weekend getaway. Nice mapping, Indiscreet.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Thanks to everyone once again, especially Indiscreet, the information you provided on the order of visiting is invaluable. I had no idea that Les Senteurs was right next to Victoria Coach Station!

Well I booked the bus last week, and will be visiting London on 6th March, arriving at 7.30am and departing at 11.45pm, so its going to be an action packed day, if not draining (both emotionally, physically and financially).

So the first ort of call will be Les Senteurs (after freshening up and having breakfast (hopefully there will be something nearby). My plan here is to purchase one of the Frederic Malle fragrances and request samples of various other porducts if possible in order to try, which will be helpful for future visits.

I will then head towards Knightsbridge and Harrods first, taking in any exclusive fragrances I can find. I am hoping that I will be able to check out some nice exclusive fragrances here. I have aksed for details of products that may be of interest to me so will see what information I get back. I dont know what purchase I will make if any here, but will make sure I get a fair selection of samples anyway. Will probably have a snack and smoothie here and browse the HMV and Waterstones to giv my nose (and my girlfriend!) a rest.

It will then be round the corner to Harvey Nichols in order to check out the fragrances there. I may purchase one of the Etat Libre D'Orange fragrances (HN sent me six samples to try out), and hope to buy one of the Tom Ford Private Blends (favourite for a purchase going blind would be Tobacco Vanille). I will check out the La Floret range on the 4th floor, which looks impressive as well as any other hidden gems.

It will then be time to get the underground to Picadilly and will walk up Regent Streetby passing Liberty while checking out other stores (saving what may be best to last) and walking up Oxford Street, visiting stores that Anna wants to visit and going to the Fine Burger Company for something to eat. We will then work our way down on the Department Store side and visit Selfriges, where I am looking forward to checking out the connoisseur perfumery area, which stocks Miller et Berteux fragrances which I am interested in.They are between £52 - £55 which is a reasonable price should they impress me for one to be puchased. Hopefully there will be other fragrances pleasing to the nose as well. Again if I make in purchase, great and hopefully I will be able to pick up some nice samples. I will try and get some samples from the Chanel Les Exclusif's collection!

I f I have time (and I dont know if I will), I will check out a store called Whole Man, which has Miller et Berteux, Frank, Acca Kappa, Absolutement, Malin +Goetz, Commes Des Garcons and more! Might be able to make a purchase here depending on what I have spent and what is available at the time. Definately hope to pick up some samples if possible!

Will then take a trip down Carnaby Street as there are a lot of shops here that my girlfriend and I will like before leaving the best to last and visiting Liberty. I already intend making a purchase of a Le Labo fragrance, but there are some others intersting me. The following ones are on the shortlist, with the prices being quoted besides them:

Anvers £44-48 depending on the fragrance
    Eau D’Italie £58
    Etro £48-56 depending on the fragrance
    Ineke £54
    Keiko Mecheri £54

I might be ble to buy one or two of these depending on what other fragrances I have purchased. Hopefully will be able to pick up a load of samples of so many great fragrances (well if I am going to spend a frtune on fragrance they could at least help me out that way!)

After this we will head to La Tasca for some tapas prior to getting the tube back to Victoria and boarding th bus back to Glasgow, leaving tired but content!!

There is so much more I want to visit but there is not enough time in one day. Maybe next time I will check out some of the other stores recommended, I think the six will be enough to keep me entertained!

I will keep you updated with any further information I find out about products and prices before a full report back on my return from London.

If it were me, the first thing I'd pick up in Londan is a bottle of Floris #89 since, sadly, they stopped selling it in the US right after I got my first sample of it.

Anvers and Anvers II are both nice scents, have sampled them at my local Harvey Nichols (yes, they're not exclusive to Liberty, despite what Liberty say :P) And, I really reccomend you try out the Robert Piguet fragrances at Harvey Nichols too, as they're quite nice.

I wonder where to find Parfumerie Générale & Profumum in London?

Hello Tariq,

You can find Perfumerie Generale in Les Senteurs shop in Elizabeth Street or by visiting www.lessenteurs .com.

They also have some of the private collection for sale, which are very rare and hard to find, so if you are in London you may want to check them out. Prices vary from about £55 - £67 depending on the product. I may want to purchase one of the series myself, will check them out and see what takes my fancy, if any!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeScot View Post
    Hello Tariq,

You can find Perfumerie Generale in Les Senteurs shop in Elizabeth Street or by visiting www.lessenteurs .com.

They also have some of the private collection for sale, which are very rare and hard to find, so if you are in London you may want to check them out. Prices vary from about £55 - £67 depending on the product. I may want to purchase one of the series myself, will check them out and see what takes my fancy, if any!
    *shouts* BOIS DE COPAIBA!!!!! - Just love it.

Ha ha!

Is that one of the testers you received from Parfumerie Generale?

Les Senteurs do not stock it, so it will be a case of trying what is there. I certainly hope that the staff of the shop are not rude to me, like I have read from many different people's online opinions. I for one wont put up with that crap!

I sent them an e-mail asking what time the shop opens (opening hours are not published on the website) and of course I have received no reply. Its not a uestion that requires a degree in rocket science to answer. We get into London at 7.30am so will probably have to kill time until the shop opens. Need to find a place for breakfast too.

Will try e-mailing another e-mail address to see if I get an answer about opening times. Hopefully i will be 9.30am at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeScot View Post
    Ha ha!

Is that one of the testers you received from Parfumerie Generale?

Les Senteurs do not stock it, so it will be a case of trying what is there. I certainly hope that the staff of the shop are not rude to me, like I have read from many different people's online opinions. I for one wont put up with that crap!

I sent them an e-mail asking what time the shop opens (opening hours are not published on the website) and of course I have received no reply. Its not a uestion that requires a degree in rocket science to answer. We get into London at 7.30am so will probably have to kill time until the shop opens. Need to find a place for breakfast too.

Will try e-mailing another e-mail address to see if I get an answer about opening times. Hopefully i will be 9.30am at the latest.
    I'm guessing 10am, try Fortnum & Mason for morning tea and crumpets if you're with a girl, its an 'aww, so sweet' moment :P (Unless shes like a goth or something :P)
    I'm not a big fan of Les Senteurs, as i've never actually been in, but on the phone, they're quite snooty And yeah, Bois de Copaiba is It's effin amazing But, if you want a cool breakfast, the last time I was in London, I went to Cafe Nero with my GF and it was quite good too (not top notch, ofc) But I think that's near Oxford St. train station

thanks for the info. Lee Scot , i'll be in london in May & I'll be having a long check-list.

Hi Vivek,

I hope to check out Bois Copaiba at some point, Lucky Scent has it, and I have just discovered they ship to the UK and take Paypal and probably Maestro too, so have already prpared a wishlist of around 60 fragrances. Looks like I have a long time to workmy way through all them trying and buying the ones I like the most.

Hi Tariq,

I am sure you will have a great time shopping for fragrances in London. I will keep you informed of how I get on!