Code of Conduct

Question The right color for Bulgari PH: transparant or yellowish?

I have a retail bottle of Bulgari PH at home, which has fully transparant colorless liquid, like water. The juice seems 100% alright to me, even the longetivity issues are right on the spot.

I also have a tester bottle of Bulgari PH Extreme, which has a bit of yellowish liquid.

Yesterday however, I spotted a tester of the original Bulgari PH in a store, that had a yellowish liquid as well! I found this strange, so I looked up some images on Google:

And I really can't say whether the juice of Bulgari PH *should* be colorless or with a yellow tint. Maybe there has been a reformulation? If you have a Bulgari PH, what color is your liquid?
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 30th January 2008 at 10:57 AM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Default Re: The right color for Bulgari PH: transparant or yellowish?

I have two bottles of Bulgari Ph and both are as clear as gin
    hope this helps
    ~~Penniless but smell Fantastic~~

I found my Extreme PH lost its colour with time. The liquid in my bottle BEGAN a similar colour to the bottom photo you posted, and over the months became increasingly colourless like the top picture suggests.
    I didnt really do much to protect the juice from light, so perhaps what I witnessed was the natural loss of the colourant in the perfume over time.

Thanks for your answers guys. Mine was brand new (packaged in foil and all) but it was from a webshop. So maybe the stuff loses color after some time?

Very strange.

Mines very close to clear, with a slight yellow tinge in it. I bought it brand new in a gift pack under a month ago from a retail shop, so its legit.
    Fragrances do lose their colour over time, especially as the dies responsible for the colour evaporate.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 30th January 2008 at 12:12 PM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I have a retail bottle of Bvlgari PH Extreme which I bought last year at Sephora and it has a slight yellow tint to it. I held a white business envelope behind it to gauge the color. Mine was in the new box design so it would be current stock. I also had it stored away from light.

Alright, so which is the new box design?

or

The tope one must be. I bought Bvlgari PH several years ago and it was in the bottom box.

The one on the top. Mine is transparent completely, if there is any yellowish shade in it at all, it is unvisible for me.

My bottle of PH is clear and has always been.

That's so funny to read guys. It varies from completely transparant like Vodka to a clear visible yellow tint.

I think my Bulgari PH looks and smells alright then. Just wish it was stronger (don't like my Extrême with the added grapefruit note), but that's something for another thread.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 30th January 2008 at 07:05 PM.

Bottom box; transparent color. The color and the smell remind me a good gin (not Bombay...)
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

My was second box - the ugly one - and it is clear as gin like another 'noter mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    The color and the smell remind me a good gin (not Bombay...)
    Ouch! What's better than Bombay Sapphire? But then again, why drink gin when there's vodka, scotch, rum, ect.? I digress.

Bvlgari PH is a lot of synthetics, so I doubt a yellow or clear color means it has "turned". I've never heard anyone talk about a bottle of Bvlgari PH that went rancid... I don't think that's possible...