Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fresh & Vivifying YSL Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    I will never be without a bottle of Kouros. Should the house of YSL ever be stupid enough to discontinue it, I shall stockpile the juice and selfishly enjoy it for the rest of my days.
    Amen to that, brother. This is the only fragrance I own that upon application I think, "I could throw away the rest of my collection and I wouldn't even care."
    You are not your perfume.

Pierre Bourdon created Kouros based off his love for Creed's Orange Spice. If you like Kouros, Orange Spice is basically it's quiet, conservative half-brother.

I have read snippets in various threads that the discontinued
    FURYO by Jacques Bogart & BALENCIAGA PH
    are in the same mould ? similiar in types any comments on this ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Pierre Bourdon created Kouros based off his love for Creed's Orange Spice. If you like Kouros, Orange Spice is basically it's quiet, conservative half-brother.
    it's been said before, but again, if you love Kouros, you have to get a bottle of Orange Spice, also. The differences might be slight nuances, but if you love the stuff, you'll understand why there's a need for something so slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    I have read snippets in various threads that the discontinued
    FURYO by Jacques Bogart & BALENCIAGA PH
    are in the same mould ? similiar in types any comments on this ?
    I own both Furyo and Balenciaga PH and I think they have some similarities but are also very different. Furyo has a strong civet note which I don't smell in Kouros. It is masculine and dirty witha hint of spice. Balenciaga PH is similar to Kouros to my nose but sweeter and cleaner.
    Last edited by AZsmells; 3rd February 2008 at 01:48 PM.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

On the card, it doesn't smell like a urinal cake per se, but overall on the first whiff a "men's restroom" accord. Somehow the blended notes together give me this impression - though if you stop and break it down you can see the common structure of a men's fragrance, yet peculiarly it does evoke something of a men's restroom. In an antiseptic world, perhaps it is too human smelling? Too manly (in the ways that we normally try to cover up)?

I have yet to dare to try it on skin, but I think I'll be bold this week and give it a shot.

When I first wore this stuff, I never really thought about the restroom/man smell. I put some on my arm before going to bed. Damn if I couldn't smell a restroom--slight urine accord. Oh,the power of suggestion! It still stands out loudly and proudly in it's state of terminal uniqueness with a distinct thumbs up.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Am I attracted to urinals? I feel dirty.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.
    Currently wearing: Zizonia by Penhaligon's