Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trying to improve the sillage & longevity of a weak (for me) fragance... It worked!

From a time on Iīve been wondering why Michael Germainīs SEXUAL didnīt work well on my skin... But I didnīt think it was only me: from the very beginning this fraganceīs intensity seemed to be between moderate and subtle... And itīs really a pity because its smell is delicious fro me... I love it...

So... One day I tried two things.... first , spraying it too close (I know: exactly the opposite you should do with any fragance!)... about a distance of 1 centimeter... This close distance, for sure leaves a liquid "halo" thatīs also not recommendable for any other fragance!

And second, the chosen places were my upper pecs (2 sprays), my inner elbows (2 sprays)...and at last on my nutmeg (1 spray)... A total of five TOO-CLOSE sprays... They all left their "halo"...

So.... That time SEXUAL lasted all day in the office and I could keep smelling it on my way back home... For the very first time, it lasted about 10-12 hours... It was a sillage and longevity never experienced before, for that fragance...

So since that day, I always do the same with this particular fragance... and works!!!

Have you ever experienced something similar with any weak longevity fragance?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trying to improve the sillage & longevity of a weak (for me) fragance... It worke

I did the same with Rocabar the 2nd time I used it & fell in love ..... when i used it the first time traditionally spritzing it faded real quick . I use your method above often with different frags , sometimes 8 blasts if need be .

Default Re: Trying to improve the sillage & longevity of a weak (for me) fragance... It worke

Hmmm, I should try this with Rose 31. I haven't been getting the same sillage I used to get with it, and I think it's because I've been spraying it from too far away.
    Currently digging: Le Labo Rose 31 and Oud oils.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Hmmm, I should try this with Rose 31. I haven't been getting the same sillage I used to get with it, and I think it's because I've been spraying it from too far away.
    Do try it and tell us .... but also it could be that you'r senses are used to it therefore is not as prominent as it used to be ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wink Re: Trying to improve the sillage & longevity of a weak (for me) fragance... It worke

Quote Originally Posted by glovesg View Post
    ...and at last on my nutmeg (1 spray)...
    Dare I ask what your nutmeg is?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Col .. Seeing his not online ..I reckon .. adams apple .

Okay, trying to spray *too close* with Bulgari PH tomorrow. I love this scent to bits (sometimes you just encounter a scent of which you think: "wow, this is how I am supposed to be smelling") but it's so weak and subtle, it's killing me. Not to mention the ugly Extrême version.

Well, first to bed. Can't wait till I get out of the shower tomorrow. Something to look forward to, every day, with fragrances.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dimitrios for the translation!!!

And sorry all for my "basic" English, but Iīm spanish-speaking native..

So, Dimitrios, you say the method did worked for Rocabar? Do you still at present using the same method every time youīre going to wear Rocabar?

Maxwell , please try it and let us know !

Regards.-

Post Thanks / Like

Glovesg > I posted this little trick of mine in a thread over at the Begginers forum ..
    Its tucked in the middle of the " Do You Spray Your Clothes ? thread .

Spray a small ball of cotton then stretch it so its not ball like & tuck it into something your wearing ! .. eg under collar in pocket etc etc ,, Be creative and enjoy your frags two ways !! .. the skin development way and D's way .. cheers
    I'll be cutting & pasting this everywhere its needed .
    As many of the frags we love are just plain piss-weak .
    So to all you f@#k*n spies here pull your finger out and tell your Ceo's to start adding as many au-natural substances in them as financially viable & also make them last @#%$# longer ... even a teenie weenie bit ...
    Cause I won't be dipping myself in your cologne , oops I mean chemical concoction .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Do try it and tell us .... but also it could be that you'r senses are used to it therefore is not as prominent as it used to be ..
    Is that like olfactory fatigue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Is that like olfactory fatigue
    Yes it certainly is silverbullet ..... One & the same ,, I just couldn't recall it so I used my lame description above ..

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this tonight with XS by Paco Rabanne, which normally lasts 4-5 hours on me at least. With 6 sprays (2 chest, 2 neck, 2 inside elbows) about a cm or two from my skin, it was gone in about an hour - so unfortunately it didnt work for me. Worth a try though.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony .. Are you refering too the XS Black ? or original .

Post Thanks / Like

Original. Got a 50 ml bottle of it about two weeks ago at a bargain price! Already had 2 of the girls at my work ask what I'm wearing.. and the girlfriend loves it

I more tried this as an experiment - I usually spray frags at least 5-10 cms away from me so that they mist a bit.

XS black seems to last pretty well on me, although I dont wear it very often (more of a night time / pub / club scent)
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    Dare I ask what your nutmeg is?

lol I was about to ask the same thing...

Today I tried spraying 'too close', and I have to say while my Bulgari PH is gone now from my inner elbows, the ones (2) on my chests are still faintly there. I'll try spraying from more afar tomorrow. I have to say though, that I prefer spraying under my t-shirt instead of spraying when I'm naked and then wear a t-shirt.

The spots in my inner elbow might be gone because I sweat a lot - though odorless. I always have the feeling, especially after I have biked for 25 minutes and sweat like a pig, the sweat washes away the fragrance.

Will try the under arm instead of inner elbow tomorrow.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    I've thought that, but my girlfriend agrees that it fades pretty quick lately, compared to other fragrances. I'll try spraying it closer to me tomorrow morning and see how it goes (I forgot to try that trick this morning, heh).
    --------------------------------------
    Ok, I tried spraying Rose 31 closer to my skin today, and it definitely increases lasting power an sillage. It also makes the fragrance smell different, which I wasn't sure that I liked so much.

It's interesting how different a scent can be when it's sprayed from afar compared to up close.
    Last edited by Maxwell; 2nd February 2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Currently digging: Le Labo Rose 31 and Oud oils.