Code of Conduct

Question Serge Lutens Rose De Nuit

I got a sample of Serge Lutens Rose De Nuit from the Perfumed Court. It is just the rose perfume I have been looking for. A lot of rose fragrances tend to turn soapy on my skin. This one is just gorgeous, and it stayed well for hours on my skin. I am just in love with it. I e-mailed Les Salons Du Royale to inquire about ordering a bottle, and was told that they won't ship outside of Europe. Does anybody know of another source for this heaven in a bottle, or of another rose perfume that smells like it?

Default Re: Serge Lutens Rose De Nuit

Rose de Nuit is the perfume of the Arabian Nights!
    if you know anyone in europe you can call the Salons Shiseido in Paris and have it ordered and shipped to them. also check ebay, they 're more expensive on ebay but with such a weak dollar a Salons Shiseido bottle (105 euros) comes up to $155/160 to start with, so don 't expect anything cheaper than that.

"Rose de Nuit. A perfume extreme in every sense, extremely radiant like a flying carpet. The absolute of Turkish rose gives the scent its general character.
    The essence of yellow jasmine and fruity apricot assure its suave, silky quality from the very first moment.
    Musk and amber offers a sensual, animal warmth, underscored by sandalwood, at every stage in the perfume's diffusion. The absolute of beeswax enforces the rich and honeyed personality of the absolute of Turkish Rose, all the while affirming its nocturnal nature". (Salons Shiseido)

Suzan Becker at http://www.shopfranceinc.com will get you Lutens Bell Jars for $175 plus shipping. It's about a %10-15 markup from teh original price which is about $150-160 depending on the strength of the Euro, so it's not so bad, realtively at lesat!

She's going to france this weekend.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 11th February 2008 at 11:24 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Smile Re: Serge Lutens Rose De Nuit

Dear Ceaser,

Thank you so much for the information. I will contact Ms. Becker about getting me a bottle of the Rose de Nuit. This is a great resource.

I can vouch for Susan. I've gotten a half dozen Lutens bells from her, and it always goes perfectly.

You probably read my review of Rose de Nuit, so no surprise it was not among my purchases. Manderley did clarify the fragrance for me, as I haven't left the care of my therapist yet, and am only averagely beautiful, and only pick up 28 year olds. (BTW, he's 30 now, and no funerals were involved at all.)

I am so pleased you liked this one! It made a BIG impression on me, artistically speaking. I just couldn't handle it.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Reviving this here thread - so from those of you who have tried this, and based on my wardrobe and rose fragrances I do and don't like (discussed below), would anyone think this is one for me?

My main problems with rose are when it smells like urine or soap on me. I *don't* wear soliflore roses well (urine alert), and I really don't like Creed's Jasmal, which on me smells like Jeans-Au-Pisse-Frais.

I like Montale Attar beacuse the rose is lush, but tempered with the sandalwood, however, when it dries it's too soapy for me.

I love Fumerie Turque, but at the end the rose and beeswax combo is kind of nauseating.

I *love* Montale Black Aoud, and have been wearing it every day for the past two weeks, though the ending where the rose is more alone, and a bit syrupy I don't like as much as the devellopment. I like White Aoud alot as well though it's less rose heavy.

Basically, I guess I want to know is how is the rose treated in Rose de Nuit? Is it center stage, or laden with spices?

What can you compare it to? Does it resemble any other Lutens in any aspects? For example I feel like Vetiver Oriental and Gris Clair, smell very different, but each one is given a similar treatment of their main element, vetiver and lavender respectively. Could you compare Rose de Nuit to anything that way?
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 15th March 2008 at 03:34 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Hmm. Based on what you've written, there's a good chance you won't like it. The dry-down is a bit soapy.

It's worth getting a sample, though, if you're curious about it.

Dear Shycat!

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    You probably read my review of Rose de Nuit, so no surprise it was not among my purchases. Manderley did clarify the fragrance for me, as I haven't left the care of my therapist yet, and am only averagely beautiful, and only pick up 28 year olds. (BTW, he's 30 now, and no funerals were involved at all.)

I am so pleased you liked this one! It made a BIG impression on me, artistically speaking. I just couldn't handle it.
    Since the fragrance directory is down, and I have problems remembering this fragrance in detail - is it possible for you to post your review here? Or maybe you don´t have access to it... Anyway, I think I want this one; I just need that final push!