Code of Conduct

Default Bogart Pour homme...wow an pleasant suprise! Also Lancetti PH, Hoggar, Germain Sexual

Well I bit the bullet after all the raving about this little gem......Well my initial impressions were this....I first spray it on and said to myself .....aww crap man this thing smells like its going to go down the JPGish road....It never did......had a note that set off a JPG twitch in me...but thats all the similarities that are there....Instead I get a sweetened vanillaish and tonka top with this little sparkling, tinkling note thats underlying in there just beyond reach...but every ready to toy with senses.....almost ethereal....What is it? Pipe Tobacco!

Man and it isn't just any pipe tobacco...no smoke....just a little sparkling unlit pipe tobacco note underneath the vanilla that plays and toys with your senses! MAN for 20$ this fragrance is one heck of a concoction! So well crafted and blended! I also smell some patchouli hanging out in the mid notes somewhere......but this baby smells as good as some 100$ bottles I have bought before....The tops fade away to bring you nothing but this tobacco note and wow is it wonderful! This is about as close to a 10 as Kouros is in my book....although a close second to the greek legend...

Lancetti PH- The second journey in the Lancetti voyage...a well crafted but unknown to most fragrance company....My first trip down this companies street was the unknown Via condotti...which although it did not go good with my chemistry was one of the most unique fragrances I have used......Via Condotti being a masculine rendition of a Peach Schnapps.....really...seriously! Very well done and blended.....

Well Lancetti PH, once again brought the blending artistry to the table...incorporating once again into their masculine masterpiece the most unmanly of items....Fruit! Again but this time Pineapple... The soft toned down pineapple notes fade down quickly to a oriental drydown that is very light and close to the skin....Smells to be vanilla, and tonka....maybe a *smidge* of amber or *transparent musk* Also debuted in 212 by Carolina Herrera....Overall good enough to keep in my wardrobe...but not the best man in the wedding.....Overall despite little sillage and longevity a 7.5....

Sexual by Michael Germain- After being on a kick of what smells good to the other sex(not normal for me...I usually wear for my own delight)....I purchased Pheromone by Marilyn Miglin....which is very well blended...but still trying to figure out if I like it...very arid.....Well somehow Sexual by Michael Germain got thrown into the lottery drawing as one to try...

Sexual by Michael Germain...is a very special and unique fragrance...After finding a 1 oz decant for a good swap I was delighted....It smells and tingles with your memory other orientals you may have smell...but is quite unlike any of them....Thr top notes....toy around with your senses smelling similar notes to the famous but over sprayed Joop! and also the very well recieved Dolce and Gabanna PH....although not similar at all to either of them....Smells to be an oriental again to my nose......the top and mid notes bringing back memories of Joop and D&G fade away leaving a drydown which is fantastic...and I can see why it gets its name...very sensual and soft sexual.....and I could also see where as others have said that it garners ALOT of compliments from the other sex....This would definatley get a ldies attention....the Drydown is a spicy-soft blend of vanilla, a little cinnamon, a little pathcouli to my nose...and maybe a smudge of tonka and sandalwood and cedar.... Overall a 8-8.5...very well done

Hoggar by Yves Rocher- Ok...ok.....It looks like I have shopped at www.ilikeorientalfragrances.com........But I have not! Just coincidence! Hoggar comes to the table with some dry spicy top notes that are reminescent of the Le Lion by Lalique...dry and spicy....these quickly fade into some notes that are reminiscent of a creamsicle...but not overly feminine...very spicy and fruitty and sweet..but definatley does not take fashion tips from Hanae Mori if you get my drift....The dry desert notes would be more than possible just cause the name Hoggar...although how repulsive it is to us in the english language is actually the name of a desert.....

The top fruitty, woodsy notes of bergamot and spices, then drydown...still keeping the fruittiness in the mix, to a blend of cedar, tonka, vanilla...maybe some veggie note is placed in there....but it could be part of one of the aformentioned notes.....smells to be a small tinge of celery...very little, but a green, seedy twinge to it...toning down the sweet fruittiness.....

Overall good sillage and longevity....rather linear though...Id give it an 8....and for kicks its a good fragfrance for only 10 dollars! also check out Eryo...very similar notes to Opium EDP, without the dark brooding notes...a bit lighter..but I definately caught the similarities I smelled Eryo....

http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control...ory=M00004-USA

Pugs

http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control...ory=M00004-USA

Default Re: Bogart Pour homme...wow an pleasant suprise! Also Lancetti PH, Hoggar, Germain Se

Another Bogart PH convert enters the fold!

The blackcurrant note really does a great job at offsetting the vanilla and pipe tobacco, and the base patchouli notes last all day.

I'd wear this today, but i have a feeling my Creed REL will be arriving at my doorstep any minute now.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Default Re: Bogart Pour homme...wow an pleasant suprise! Also Lancetti PH, Hoggar, Germain Se

I have ordered Bogart pour homme. I hope you guys are talking about this one?

Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

yep....

Great reviews, Pugs. I'm going to have to score some Bogart PH too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

ive figured out what Hoggar is similar vein to...but not super similar....Roma and Minotaure!
    --------------------------------------
    Btw I swapped these over in the new marketplace that Marlen(scenteur7) has on his perfume critic website...another good avenue aside from MUA to swap on...
    Last edited by Pugsley_f5; 1st February 2008 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yep I bought it too! And it's a great fragrance that just lasts forever! I used it the other day when I knew I wouldn't be home for more than 12 hours... and it was still going strong when I finished the day! Great stuff - highly recommended!
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Another Bogart PH convert enters the fold!

The blackcurrant note really does a great job at offsetting the vanilla and pipe tobacco, and the base patchouli notes last all day.

I'd wear this today, but i have a feeling my Creed REL will be arriving at my doorstep any minute now.
    well said KO .... and he's a Kouros fan as well .... :bounce:
    Pugsley ... I will never ever be without either of these !!
    Kiatt .. You should be happy its my number one Blind Buy Recomendation ... & so far so good .
    Dust .. I agree his review is brilliant .. Im almost certain you should like it , & as Quorum fan you will be pleasantly surprised by it .
    Schachman ... Im pleased your enjoying the Bogie too .
    ** I finally found the other BOGIES >> FURYO & WITNESS <<
    At over $150 & $50 a bottle I'am willing to use my boat as collaterall

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I've been curious about Bogart Pour Homme, but some members have described it as a vanilla bomb. Is vanilla really what this scent is all about? I'm not a big vanilla fan, but the pipe tobacco and patchouli note interest me. Any thoughts?

P.S. I already own Bogart's One Man Show, Bogart, Eau Fresh and Witness, if any comparisons can be made to them.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Bogart Pour homme...wow an pleasant suprise! Also Lancetti PH, Hoggar, Germain Sexual

Vanilla bomb? Not at all. Synthetically sweet, but boozy with a smoky touch. Not bad really...and I'm not gonna thumb this down just because I've smelled a few Lutens/Creeds/Malles etc...

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I've been curious about Bogart Pour Homme, but some members have described it as a vanilla bomb. Is vanilla really what this scent is all about? I'm not a big vanilla fan, but the pipe tobacco and patchouli note interest me. Any thoughts?

P.S. I already own Bogart's One Man Show, Bogart, Eau Fresh and Witness, if any comparisons can be made to them.
    It's not some sickly sweet vanilla bomb. It has a very "80's powerhouse" heavy/unsweet texture to it. Yet it is sweet, and not dated. The drydown does become slightly sweeter as time goes by, but it never ever smells like any niche gourmand, it always maintains a certain masculinity. The only thing is you may not like it if you don't like that artificial "Maraschino cherry" scent in cherry pipe tobacco, and men's rooms in Greek restaurants. That note isn't the star, but it's certainly there. Again, even with the cherry/vanilla/tonka, it's never too sweet. Very good scent that everyone would sleep on if not for advocates on BN.

Default Re: Bogart Pour homme...wow an pleasant suprise! Also Lancetti PH, Hoggar, Germain Sexual

And now that I see the OG Paco as your AV, I would 2nd it more even more.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post

To my nose it is almost identical to Burberry London, but minus the cedar chips note. Between the two I much prefer Bogart PH.

^Well, I guess there are many similarities, but it definitely is missing the Green/leafy/spice notes in Burberry London. But if one likes london, I'd say there's a good chance they'll also like Bogart PH. I'd go so far as to say those who like maitre's ambre precieux would like it, as they share the "thick" texture, and the vanilla, of course maitre is higher quality, but Bogart is far FAR less dated.

Hogar is great little scent from Yves Rocher - it a richer less fruity version of Pi. Though I do like Bogart Pour Homme at times that I wear it I get a little queasy from the fragrance.

I wear Germain's Sexual Pour Homme quite often. Cheesy name, great fragrance.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I remember wearing this a long time ago (around 90's) so I didn't recall all the notes. But I became curious reading about this one on this post and because I am a member of the Powerhouse Fragrance group (come join us) I've read plenty about this one, plus I like Bogart's One Man Show.I just got back from Perfumania and tried this one, now I remember the notes. This one is good, I love the Cherry pipe tobacco note. And No, Shamu, this is not a vanilla bomb. It's (vanilla) very soft on this

This one is a little too sweet upon first application, but once it dries down, it becomes nice. It last forever, and the 100ml bottle has one heluva sprayer on it. I usually do about 5 sprays (chest, wrists, left/right side of the neck), but yesterday when I sprayed to my chest, it was dispersed to widely on my chest that I just called it a day. This is one of those fragrances that don't need a whole lot of application due to it's strength.

Here's a good way to tell: if Michael for Men smells very natural and a bit weak overall, go for BPH. If it's a big too strong, unbalanced, or "synthetic," then stay far away from BPH.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 6th February 2010 at 09:00 PM.