Code of Conduct

Default a manly scent with rose and a hint of fruit

I would like to try a rose scent with maybe a hint of fruit and something else to make it a manly fragrance. does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: a manly scent with rose and a hint of fruit

Domenico Caraceni 1913 fits the bill. Has a fruity opening (plum?) that blends into rose and then gets manly with incense and tobacco in the drydown. Manly, with rose, tobacco and incense.

fruityness never makes something manly.

If you forget about the "manly" component, I recommend Comme des CArcons Red Series Rose. Rose and RAspberry. Quite unisex.

Domenico Caraceni 1913 fits the bill. Has a fruity opening (plum?) that blends into rose and then gets manly with incense and tobacco in the drydown. Manly, with rose, tobacco and incense.

Does the plum linger?

I love how all the guys here worry that a rose scent isn't "manly enough." Be comfortable with your sexuality, try some (gasp!) unisex rose scents. Montale Roses Musk is the best among them, and CDG Red Rose may have the hint of fruit you're looking for.
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 1st February 2008 at 09:16 PM.

Anyone try Montale's Crystal Flowers? Any chance a man could pull that off?

Off-Scenter

Ditto irish. Fruit's not going to make a rose scent "manly," but there are plenty of great, male-friendly rose scents out there. Besides those already mentioned, you might want to try Opone, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, Ungaro III, Black Aoud, Attar, and Royal Aoud. (The last three by Montale.)
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 2nd February 2008 at 04:34 AM.

I haven't tried any Domenico Caraceni- I'll have to check that out. My contribution to this would be Hammam Bouquet. Not only is it rosy and manly, I don't think it could even be considered feminine. Then again, I wear Bandit as a masculine fragrance. I wore it to dinner tonight with a dab of Fracas to get that amazing tuberose effect. It was completely "manly".
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Try Corso Como 10. It might be just what you're looking for.

Does the plum linger?[/QUOTE]

The opening smells sort of plum to me, but the description on Luckyscent says its Neroli and Petigrain for the opening citrus. Neroli is a warm round orange note that rolls into the geranium and rose really nicely. The real brilliance of Domenico is the use of incense and tobacco to balance the rose. The Luckyscent description is pretty close. check it out.

AdP Colonia

Has rose and citrus, hence, fruit

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

noir epices is a bit rosey with a blast of "crystallized orange" at the top I believe thats how they describe it

L'Artisan Parfumeur Voleur de Rose. The plum/patchouli accord gives the fragrance a boozy quality.

Thanks BuzzlePuff! I ordered a sample of Domenico Caraceni 1913 on Friday, got it yesterday and it is perfect! Kudos to you. It's light and not overpowering. How is the sillage and longivity on it though?

Try Acteur by Azzaro (now discontinued) if you find it. It is a fruity rose + leather. Very nice.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    I recommend Comme des Garcons Red Series Rose. Rose and Raspberry. Quite unisex.
    I must agree - I have been wearing this ever since I received a bottle for Valentine's Day and it is the nicest blend of roses and fruit I've ever smelled. It's tart without smelling sour and sweet, but in a subtle, icy style. In addition the longevity is outstanding. HIGHLY recommended.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 22nd February 2008 at 03:38 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Another vote for ADP Colonia...

Also try Aramis 900.. This has rosewood with lemon in the topnotes

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

man...1913 smelled absolutely disgusting with my chemistry...to me it smelled so plasticky and synthetic...i just did not understand what all the fuss is about, but to each his own.

Though it doesnt have fruit in it...the best msculine scent with rose,imo, is egoiste...one of the best out there.

ADP colonia is really nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by godsagenda View Post
    Thanks BuzzlePuff! I ordered a sample of Domenico Caraceni 1913 on Friday, got it yesterday and it is perfect! Kudos to you. It's light and not overpowering. How is the sillage and longivity on it though?
    One spray is too much. It lasts until the next day for me, and it's very empowering -- not "overpowering", but subtly present in the vicinity. I absolutely love it; it's very dark and wet.

I find a philosophical notation in the scent itself; it's very potent with beauty and life, yet it's so dark and wet... it's almost as if DC1913 is trying to tell us that in the gloomy, rainy weather, there exists the potential for beauty, and we just have to open our eyes to see it blooming between the drops.

I will second the quite beautiful Voleur de Roses by L' Artisan.
    Last edited by fraddicted; 22nd February 2008 at 09:41 PM.

Thumbs up Re: a manly scent with rose and a hint of fruit

Cerruti's 1881.

Contains, among many other notes, bergamot, lemon, black current & ROSE.

For some reason I read the title as a manly scent with rose and a hint of trout.

Good thing I have an eye exam next week.

Since I'm here, I will recommend Rose Poivrée, though I'm not sure pepper qualifies as a fruit.

Or a trout.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.