Code of Conduct

Question Acqua di Parma: which one?

As the new Intensa has been recently released, I would like to have your opinion about all the 3 Colonias.

Choose your very fav one!

Thank you very much,
    Fab
    Last edited by Fab; 2nd February 2008 at 07:54 AM.

Default Re: Acqua di Parma: which one?

Intensa
    Assoluta
    Colonia

but, to be fair, I don't really like any of them apart from Intensa!

I love the Collonia, but I do not care to much for the Assoluta or the Intensa

The only one that I have tried is the Colonia and I love it. It is a classic citrus scent with a prominent rose note that is very unique.

The Intensa is next on my AdP list - leathers are a favorite category of mine and I want to try as many as I can find!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

colonia and assoluta are at a close tie

it's almost as if you must have both

intessa........bleh..........
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Assoluta for me,Colonia while nice is very fleeting on me.

For me:

The original colonia is beautiful, the assoluta a poor couisin and the intensa a cynical cash-in. The colonia and assoluta are related, but the intensa is entirely a different thing.

So Colonia.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Assoluta for me. Slightly smoother than the sharp original, with much better longevity.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Someone should make a poll for these three.

INTENSA is my AdP poison of choice!

Is it just longevity issues with the original Colonia that leads other to prefer Assoluta/Intensa?

I've been planning on buying Colonia when the weather gets warm, but now I wonder if I'd be better suited with one of the newer versions?
    I get so overwhelmed ... by olfactory hues. ~ Phish

Post Re: Acqua di Parma: which one?

AdP Colonia, I've been saying for some time now, one of the most underrated Rose fragrances around. When Rose frags are mentioned I very seldom ever hear this mentioned.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by olfactory bulb View Post
    Is it just longevity issues with the original Colonia that leads other to prefer Assoluta/Intensa?

I've been planning on buying Colonia when the weather gets warm, but now I wonder if I'd be better suited with one of the newer versions?
    They are not newer versions as such, but really different fragrances, especially the intensa which bears very little resemblance.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

i havent tried assoluta but i own a sample of colonia along with soap and wash , ans i own intensa and i find that intensa is far superior for me to be wearing
    The World Is Yor Lobster

Basenotes Institution

Assoluta

I get loads of compliments on this - I think it smells fantastic on a man.

Quote Originally Posted by olfactory bulb View Post

I get 24 hours at least from the original. get a sample and try it on your skin.

Colonia. Absolutely perfect, imo. The others are nice, but they haven't improved on the original.
    You are not your perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    For me:

The original colonia is beautiful, the assoluta a poor couisin and the intensa a cynical cash-in. The colonia and assoluta are related, but the intensa is entirely a different thing.

So Colonia.
    He speaketh truth
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Haven't used the other two but I love my Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]