Code of Conduct

Thread: Irish Spring?

Question Irish Spring?

Has anyone here on BN ever analyzed Irish Spring (the soap and body wash) to determine what the top, middle, and base notes are? It's really not all that bad a fragrance, IMO.

Default Re: Irish Spring?

I have never thought too much about its notes but always thought that Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (the original) has an "Irish Spring" greeness to it. I suppose if someone was looking for a fragrance similar to IS then Paco Rabanne would be a good choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question. I recently started using the body wash and was taken back by how wonderful it smelled. I have been a fan of the bar soap in the past, but this body wash (original scent) is fantastic.
    You are not your perfume.

ah, the memories of Irish Spring
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    Good question. I recently started using the body wash and was taken back by how wonderful it smelled. I have been a fan of the bar soap in the past, but this body wash (original scent) is fantastic.
    I agree about the body wash. However, I found the fragrance to be so strong and long lasting that it would interfere with my cologne at times. I've since switched to AlpineXtreme's Evergreen Forrest body wash. It's got a nice, fresh pine scent that stays close to the skin and doesn't persist too long after the shower.

Paco Rabanne is very, very close. Has a tad bit more musk, but its as close as I can think of.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Post Thanks / Like

Gendarme Green smells fairly close to Irish Spring, as does Perry Ellis Green (which smells a lot closer, come to think of it).

I have you all beat; If you want something in a fragrance that smells exactly like irish spring, find a bottle of Alfred Sung's Paradise; in the green bottle. Thank me later,

Post Thanks / Like

Drakkar Noir is Irish Spring in a bottle.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    Drakkar Noir is Irish Spring in a bottle.
    Not to my nose.

I don't think Irish Spring has "notes." It seems that it's a simple, linear fragrance.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Post Thanks / Like

Creed OV smells like Irish Spring to some, Ivory soap to others, and clean cut grass to most...

Quote Originally Posted by GMF View Post
    I agree about the body wash. However, I found the fragrance to be so strong and long lasting that it would interfere with my cologne at times. I've since switched to AlpineXtreme's Evergreen Forrest body wash. It's got a nice, fresh pine scent that stays close to the skin and doesn't persist too long after the shower.

Just found this.

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/vijon04_07.html

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think it has a pyramid. The version I tried was a linear fresh fragrance in the lines of Endymion, Guess Man, Nautica, Etc. But I may be wrong. I only use body washes when I am traveling or I have to take a shower outside home.

Other than portability I do not see any advantage compared to a nice, moisturizing a fragrant bar of soap (hairs from other people's private parts may be a drawback but I do not have that problem)
    Last edited by irish; 6th July 2008 at 04:41 AM.

Smile Re: Irish Spring?

Quote Originally Posted by GMF View Post
    Not to my nose.
    Me either! No where close to Drakkar Noir!

I like Irish Spring much better.
    I love Jasmine.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told that gardeners use Irish Spring as a deer repellent...FWIW

Manly, yes. But, I like it, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've only given it a casual sniff @ Marshall's (in an already open package of course), but I think the original Lacoste smells like Irish Spring.

BTW...I just finished a bottle of the Irish Spring body wash w/ aloe. I really like that stuff!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Does anyone still remember how the original Irish Spring soap used to smell?
    To me it smelled a lot like Yardley English Lavender.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman1 View Post
    Yeah. I've gone back to using Irish Spring anyway.