Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ottawa

Default Re: Ottawa

For Al-Rehab scents I wood try Middle-Eastern stores. I know someone in Montreal who uses them and that's the type of store where he gets them.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me, that's w-o-u-l-d!
    Last edited by FiveoaksBouquet; 26th February 2015 at 12:11 AM.

Not sure when they got them in, but Holt Renfrew has a bunch of Jo Malone over near the women's section. I tried Pomegranate Noir, Amber and Lavender, and Blackberry and Bay. The table will be there until late December, so there's still some time to sample before buying.

Edit: as for pricing, I think it was $70 for 30 mL, $~120 for 50 mL. I do believe they're also selling gift boxes with 5 different 8 mL travel-size bottles. Might be worth considering.
    Last edited by longstreth; 25th November 2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: fixed price

Thought I'd give a quick update since I went sniffing around yesterday.

Sephora in rideau doesn't have anything absurd, they carry all your typical designers in both the men's and women's section. I will say that hey have good service and they do not bother you when just looking around.

The Bay in rideau street has quite a few goods. They carry I believe 8 Serge Lutens fragrances but you have to ask for them as they keep them in a drawer tucked away because they rarely sell. I tried Chergui which I loved and Feminite Brois was really nice also, as well as Ambre Sultan. They don't have any in stock of the Serge Lutens except Fleurs D'oranger. If you want to purchase a bottle you have to let them know and they'll place an order in for you and you'll come in and pick it up when thy have it. It's $110 for a 50 ml bottle. The Bay also carry's Shalimar Ode a la Vanille, wasn't my cup of tea but was nice to try since its hard to find. Decent Dior and Chanel counter.

Holt Renfrew carry's 11 Armani Prive fragrances, I sampled most of them and they didn't have many samples but the ones they did have they gave me (Boid d'ecens and a couple more) The only Tom Ford private blend they carry is neroli portofino and they have all Terre d'hermes. They have a few acqua di parma's and a couple other harder to find fragrances.

you should cross the river to Aylmer and visit the new fragrance store. You can sniff all you want there and she's a very nice lady.

About twenty (20!) Serge Lutens fragrances are being sold in the new Sephora in the Rideau Centre:

Ambre sultan
    Arabie
    Bas de soie
    Un bois vanille
    Chergui
    Clair de musc
    Datura noir
    L'eau froide
    L'eau Serge Lutens
    Feminité du bois
    La fille de Berlin
    Fille en aiguilles
    Five o'clock au gingembre
    Jeux de peau
    À la nuit
    Nuit de cellophane
    Sa majesté la rose
    Serge noire
    Tubéreuse criminelle
    Vitriol d'oeillet

Apparently they're getting Laine de verre in too.

Can we test them?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, they're all testable and they even have manufacturer's samples of a few.

Harry Rosen in the Rideau Centre now carries some of the Tom Ford Private Blend. They definitely had

Azure Lime
    Café Rose
    Costa Azzurra
    Mandarino di Amalfi
    Neroli Portofino
    Noir de Noir
    Oud Fleur
    Oud Wood
    Rive d'Ambre
    Shanghai Lily
    Tobacco Oud
    Tobacco Vanille
    Tuscan Leather

and a few others that I don't remember (one with patchouli in the name...). All are available to be tested.

They are also selling some Creed. I didn't see all of them, but I did notice these. All are available to test except those otherwise noted:

Aventus
    Himalaya
    Original Santal
    Original Vetiver (no tester)
    Tabarome Impérial
    Virgin Island Water

Happy shopping everybody. It's nice to see some more stuff in Ottawa (Lutens, TFPB, Creed). Jo Malone should be coming to Holts soon, and make sure to get your Acqua di Parma and Hermès fix soon from Holts, because they'll be closing shop in the new year.
    Last edited by longstreth; 23rd November 2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added one I missed

That is awsome news.
    Scentiments at St Laurent is also closing and has discounted fragrances.

2015-02-07 16.03.46.jpg

Winners at the South Keys Mall has a bottle of Creed's Royal Water. It's on sale for $199.99, which is quite a bit cheaper than you'll find it elsewhere. The box looked like it had been opened, so buyer beware, but it can't hurt to check out. (I didn't buy it because my pocketbook needs a break, ha.)

Wild Mysore Sandalwood Oil has been a fabled ingredient of perfumery for many hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

It is a distillation of the heartwood from mature trees of the Santalum Album variety, wild-growing around the city of Mysore, Karnataka state, India.

As many of us know, the Mysore forest has long been depleted of mature/healthy trees, quality Wild Mysore Sandalwood Oil has not been distilled in a long time and will probably never be again.

I am a long-time collector of vintage, genuine and rare Wild Mysore Sandalwood Oil, whose unique scent becomes finer and finer with age.

My oldest oil is 115 years-old.

Sandalwood enthusiasts interested in acquiring some of my Wild Mysore Sandalwood Oil can contact me through a private message.

Such rare and desireable oil not being inexpensive, Ottawa/Hull Basenoters might appreciate the opportunity to do business with me in person.

I also have a few other rare, natural perfumery-materials of the highest quality available in small quantity.

Thank you!
    Last edited by grabuge; 31st March 2015 at 06:27 AM.

Nordstrom opened today. Chaotic and busy, although I'm sure it'll die down. The perfumes are sort of scattered about the store's first level.

They have the Tom Ford Private Blend collection (although that's already at Harry Rosen), about 10 or 15 Jo Malone scents, some Dyptique, and about 15 Creeds (more than Harry Rosen), including Bois de Portugal. All are available to test and it seems like they'll make samples for you if you ask. I was hoping they'd have something more exotic, but no dice. Still have to go to Toronto for the good stuff.

Sephora now carries the Margiela Replica line. They'll also be getting Juliette Has A Gun. They have the new Atelier Cologne scents in store and Serge Lutens' La Religieuse stock should arrive soon!