Code of Conduct

Default Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie

I just ordered Eau d'Italies Bois d'Ombrie blind.

The Eau d Ítalie thread on the fragrance industry board really inpired me to. Also, this will be the first Bertrant Duchafour scent in my colection. I like woody , incensy scents, so anyone...did I make a mistake?

I didn't order it from the Eau d Ítaly website, although the website is a real beauty, with the beatifull pics. But they had a shipping of 40 euro (!)

Anyone want to share his opinion on this scent, or any of the other Eau d Italie fragrances from this line?
    Last edited by eric; 6th February 2008 at 07:38 PM.

Default Re: Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie

A brave choice, Eric! I think you'll like it. I tried 3 of their scents from a sample a while ago, but can't specifically remember the Bois d'Ombrie. My notes show that it's very woody though. Definitely a quality house.

I'll head back to my sample soon and share a few more impressions with you. Perhaps other members can tell you more right away.
    Last edited by BrothaG; 6th February 2008 at 09:20 PM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Fantastic dry wood frag -- one of my very favorites. It's expensive, yes, but well worth it.
    (Thanks, btw, to Jock_With_Scents for having turned me on to this Italian beauty.)

Some people don't like the "vinegar" note in it, but I find that that dries down very quickly.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 6th February 2008 at 09:12 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

LOVE Bois d'Ombrie. Just the right hint of sweetness in the drydown. I think this frag kind of blooms better in temps that are not so cold. Don't be hesitant to wear it during the spring and early fall for this reason.
    Hope you enjoy it!

I was quite impressed with Bois d'Ombrie the few times I wore it. I found it to be woody, slightly boozy, and leathery. The woody aspects reminded me a little of Serge Lutens Chene. A well crafted and complex composition. I think you'll like it.

Basenotes Institution

Well...

I love Duchaufour as a nose, I have deep, deep respect for what he did with molecules when it comes to Avignon and Kyoto (Incense Series) and Calamus (Leaves Series) by CdG and I am really excited about the new Jubilation by Amouage.

But Bois d'Ombrie really smelled too vinegary on my skin and I couldn't feel comfortable wearing it. Same goes for Dachaufour's Dzonghka and Timbuktu by L'Artisan and Sienne L'Hiver by Eau d'Italie.

Good luck.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Thanks so much guys! I enjoyed your comments.
    Now I'm even more looking forward in trying this and maybe some other Duchafour scents in future.
    --------------------------------------
    My bottle arived today. First impression is that I love it and that you all were right.(..ofcourse), it's an abstract, melancholic wood scent. There's the cognac note, the leather, maybe some tobacco. Very serene and woody.
    Again , thanks for you impressions guys, they helped a lot with this purchase.
    Last edited by eric; 9th February 2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost