Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Best cologne for a night out?

Here's what I have on hand, please help me pick the best one for a winter/early spring night:

Boss Baldessarini
    Armani Mania
    Gucci Envy
    YSL L'Homme
    Polo Double Black

I've been wearing the Baldessarini lately but I'm looking to switch things up. Your thoughts?

Default Re: Best cologne for a night out?

I have YSL - L'homme, while I'm not in love with it, I do wear it in the evenings (not exclusively for the night outings either).

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrake9072 View Post
    I have YSL - L'homme, while I'm not in love with it, I do wear it in the evenings (not exclusively for the night outings either).
    Yeah, that seems to fit since the Mania feels a bit summerey, but the YSL still seems a little boring.

Largely due to my own elitism, I could only recommend YSL L'homme out of those.

Envy might be a bit too overwhelming unless you're going for class and taste. Double Black is more of that pleasurable kind of fun-night-out, and Baldessarini is right between the two. Those are my three!

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    Envy might be a bit too overwhelming unless you're going for class and taste. Double Black is more of that pleasurable kind of fun-night-out, and Baldessarini is right between the two. Those are my three!
    Thanks Leifer. I just bought the YSL and have found it pathetically weak so far. I'd need around 20 sprays to even smell it on myself.

Quote Originally Posted by fashionnoob View Post
    Thanks Leifer. I just bought the YSL and have found it pathetically weak so far. I'd need around 20 sprays to even smell it on myself.
    That's odd, because I've found that two sprays of L'homme is more than enough, and lasts 8+ hours on me.

Yikes! 20 sprays ought to Sill-out the neighbors! At least on me.

I second Armani Mania for the bars of that list.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 7th February 2008 at 05:25 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

What about L3M?
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Envy or double black definately.
    There are quite a few old posts about 'nightclub fragrances' 'frags for going out' etc. that will give you a whole lot of other opinions or ideas as well.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I don't know what your age is, but if you're in your early 20's, go with Armani Mania if you're going to bars.

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    I don't know what your age is, but if you're in your early 20's, go with Armani Mania if you're going to bars.
    Upper 20's, does that make any difference? Mania isn't as ubiquitous as Acqua di Gio, is it?
    --------------------------------------
    I've added two more options to the original 5:

CK Eternity
    Burberry Brit

Is Mania or Envy still the best choice?
    Last edited by fashionnoob; 7th February 2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Upper 20's, does that make any difference? Mania isn't as ubiquitous as Acqua di Gio, is it?
    --------------------------------------
    I've added two more options to the original 5:

CK Eternity
    Burberry Brit

Is Mania or Envy still the best choice?
    Mania isn't nearly as popular as Acqua di Gio or Black Code, it's by far the least popular of the three. I still think it's the best choice out of those you've listed (though for $20-$30 you could buy a better option).

In my opinion, Envy works best for 35+...
    And Burberry Brit works best as a daytime or work scent.

I ended up returning the YSL L'Homme, so here are my final choices (I appreciate the suggestions thus far):

Dior Homme
    Burberry Brit
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Gucci Envy
    Armani Mania
    Hugo Boss Baldessarini
    Polo Double Black

I'm really liking the Dior Homme right now. Is that a good nighttime fragrance?

Oh what the heck - wear Dzing!

On second thought - that isn't half bad provided the company is a bit adventurous ...

I certainly would in that case.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 7th February 2008 at 08:12 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Blog Entries

Dior's spicy sweetness is thick enough for evening. I wore it out to dinner one time and it wears quite well. IMO, you can pretty much wear anything at anytime of the day. It's just in the matter of you being comfortable with it at the given time.